PDA

View Full Version : fog need help!

fce18
09-08-2006, 10:30 AM
i just got into paintball! in the place that we play there is a lot of moisture and the goggles fog so bad that yesterday my own team mates got confiused and shoot each other! we wear both single and thermal lenses ( dye, scott, jt ) but even thermals fog a lot .

do you guys know any homemade solution ?

thanks a lot

rodeoshooter
09-08-2006, 11:19 AM
I don't know a homemade solution, but you can get goggles with a fan that helps pull the hot air out to keep the lens from clouding up. I have not used one myself, but hear they're effective. I am considering one also. Can anyone out there vouch for these?

druid
09-08-2006, 05:13 PM
you can rig a 40mm computer processor fan to a toggle switch and 9V battery...I'm at work and my home PC is having internet issues and can't post them. I have the plans and a pictorial but I don't know when I can post them for you.

EDITED: Below is another post I made with a link to another forum. Look for my username for the instructions....

SparkyGT
09-09-2006, 07:41 AM
I use the goggle fan once in a while. some guys treat the inside of the lens with anti fog also,

Ace24
09-11-2006, 12:05 PM
you can rig a 20mm computer processor fan to a toggle switch and 9V battery...I'm at work and my home PC is having internet issues and can't post them. I have the plans and a pictorial but I don't know when I can post them for you.

Basicly, the fan has red (+) and black (-) as do the 9V connectors. Connect the red wires of the fan and 9V connector together and attach it to one terminal of the toggle switch. Connect the black wire of the fan to another terminal and the black wire of the battery connector tothe third. Once you determine what works, solder them and add electrical tape to prevent grounding. If you do an advanced search of my username on Smart Parts milsim forum, I posted it in there. It may be in here as well, you have to look around.

Doesnt Otter have a page for this? I've seen the plans before.

Your best bet is to either buy a cheap fan, or put in one from a computer. Personally, the noise would get to me... and I would buy a better, more expencive mask to deal with the fog problems... but since your just starting and you probably dont want to spend alot of money... Fan FTW.

Sandman_Bravo
09-11-2006, 02:38 PM
I did Druid's fan install on my profilers and it works great. It's uber quiet and helps with fogging. I also use anti-fog treatment with a thermal lens. Those 3 things combined really help.

DRAGON
09-11-2006, 02:45 PM
I've used a JT fan for like 16 years now. It has yet to fail me where condensation is concerned. Takes about 10 seconds and POOF, the fog is gone -

druid
09-11-2006, 08:21 PM
http://smartcorps.smartparts.com/forum/showthread.htm?t=93

scroll down to my username and read the directions...

Sandman_Bravo
09-12-2006, 10:52 AM
I've actually had other people do the fan install after they saw and heard how quiet mine is. Those computer fans from radio shack are almost silent.

jbtoronto
09-28-2007, 07:53 AM
how heavy is the FAN for a JT-Flex 8?
do u know?

druid
09-28-2007, 03:28 PM
errrehmmmm......dunno exactly...but it weighs less than a 1oz metal tube of dow33 if that's any help to you...

The computer fan weighs like absolutely nothing. Actually, the 9V battery weighs more than the actual fan but without a scale that measures that low, I can't tell you with absolute certainty.

jbtoronto
10-04-2007, 12:39 PM
I'm getting the fan better...I tried the Fan and it was all together like $40 something...soo i didnt work cuz it doesnt fit (I have a Jt Flex 8 full cover....so im just gonna get the fan.

thankx for the HELP fellas