PDA

View Full Version : Upgrades

Canadianpballer
09-07-2006, 07:06 PM
I have an imagine LED and i was wondering what the bets upgrade you guys think i should get first.

bamf-hacker
09-07-2006, 07:09 PM
A barrel my Canadian Friend!!! Then a new feedneck.

Barrel to improve accuracy and efficiency and the feedneck to keep the hopper in place (a gun with out paintballs is just that :))

Welcome to the boards!!!

vwjimmy
09-07-2006, 07:13 PM
yea, and an HPA tank third!!!!
and Welcome again! :)

Canadianpballer
09-07-2006, 07:13 PM
A barrel my Canadian Friend!!! Then a new feedneck.

Barrel to improve accuracy and efficiency and the feedneck to keep the hopper in place (a gun with out paintballs is just that :))

Welcome to the boards!!!
IM NOT THAT MUCH OF A NEWB! lol ty for the help.

Canadianpballer
09-07-2006, 07:26 PM
I heard to get a new bolt first, perferably an ACS delrin bolt. I dono what to buy now. :confused:

vwjimmy
09-07-2006, 07:28 PM
ACS bolt is definately a big help, but I would get the barrel first....

bamf-hacker
09-07-2006, 07:28 PM
Well then you should provide more information if you do not want new players advise. You asked a simple question with no detail.

In the future ask a more detailed question like:

"I have an imagine LED and i was wondering what upgrade you guys think i should get first, I already know a barrel is a good upgrade, but I am talking more Internal upgrades, like a valve or bolt."

Canadianpballer
09-08-2006, 03:56 PM
Well then you should provide more information if you do not want new players advise. You asked a simple question with no detail.

In the future ask a more detailed question like:

"I have an imagine LED and i was wondering what upgrade you guys think i should get first, I already know a barrel is a good upgrade, but I am talking more Internal upgrades, like a valve or bolt."
Lol thats the point I wanted to see other ideas and what everyone else thought. I just wanted to see who says what i should get first.
If so what barrel do you guys think is the best. I know I may not like it but I've heard that the J&J Ceramic barrels are great. Tell me what you guys think.

Total90Oliver
09-08-2006, 08:07 PM
I have heard that the acs bolt sucks from a lot of people even after they broke it in, so i suggest the alamocity..they got 3-oring bolts, or the shocktech superfly

Hob Hayward
09-11-2006, 02:37 PM
Acctually alamao doesn't have 3 o-ring bolts, but thats besides the point.

I'd suggest from personnal experiance the ACS bolt and a new barrel (my SP Teardrop has been great, I would suggest it over the J&J ceramic) as the first two upgrades. When I used my ACS I had great results, it ALWAYS worked (except in the very cold..). The Teardrop with decent paint yielded awesome results.

Before I started going LP my setup was
Imagine
ACS bolt
Halo TSA
SP teardrop barrel

worked out great.

valvepin
10-25-2006, 07:26 PM
the shocktech superfly bolt is really nice

Oscum Guy
10-26-2006, 12:08 PM
Lol thats the point I wanted to see other ideas and what everyone else thought. I just wanted to see who says what i should get first.
If so what barrel do you guys think is the best. I know I may not like it but I've heard that the J&J Ceramic barrels are great. Tell me what you guys think.
i heard that to. somebody told me that thats the best barrel you can get for a spyder. i dont believe it tho.

UnknownArtist
11-20-2006, 10:10 AM
Hi guys, I'm the new kid in town and just had some upgrade questions.
Alright I got my Imagine probably 2 weeks ago, played once and it worked like a charm. My upgrades are:
- barrel to a 12' Teardrop,
- ACS Delrin Bolt (a think Tippmann makes it),
- Dye Sticky Grip
- and Lapco Feed neck

So I was just wondering what upgrades I can get other than changing the airsystem to Nitro/HPA. I think I might get an electric feeder (maybe the Revy, rather than the Egg) then maybe build up some cash flow for the T-board.
But I want to upgrade little things that would make the gun work better before getting the T-board.

Let me know what you think, and talk it easy on me, im still a noob.

Late

Halucin8
11-20-2006, 10:17 AM
Higher flowing valve and v/a check out Otter's spyder pages let me find a link.
http://www.ottersccustoms.com/spyder.html
all your questions can be answered there on home mods and aftermarket review of the mods on spyders