PDA

View Full Version : postPWNED: reasons why the ps3 sucks

claustrophobia9
09-07-2006, 05:13 PM
Set Backs on everythingHERES THE BIG NEWS THAT DOESNT SURPRISE ANYONE... PS3 RELEASE IS PUSHED BACK
1. BluRay has been set back 6 months already now the ps3 has been moved to march 2k7, 5 months past the promised date.

Bluray
not only is it holding things back its also a very big deterant
Bluray is NOT going to win the format war.

2. its expensive

3. its fragile (.6mm of protection instead of hddvd's 1.2mm)

4. it does not hold much more as people are claiming. HDDVD in the format that is being released has a max of 20 gb... but can hold the equivalent of 45gb of bluray format bluray holds 50gb. the reason is because HDDVD has a better compression.

5. the "coalition". toshiba, microsoft, intel, NEC, sanyo, HP, compaq, universal and disney

7. sony has never won a format war before... what makes bluray any different.
beta (was against vhs), was superior, sony hogged the technology.
minidisk... need i say more
umd... sure it works well for games but the movies were a fad
--- this spot is reserved for bluray.... when it comes out.

SECTION 2 on internals and features (not disk type related) coming soon.
SECTION 3 on game development and economics after release after that.

marvin-martian
09-07-2006, 05:45 PM
im going to cry myself to sleep tonight

claustrophobia9
09-07-2006, 05:49 PM
sony doesnt care about gamers anymore.

emf7301
09-07-2006, 06:40 PM
true dat!

Jimmyd24
09-07-2006, 07:06 PM
muhahahhahahah *evil laugh*

xbox 360 owner
more time for halo 3 to be produced to come out the same day as ps3 and ruin ps3s launch when ps3 is going to be selling when the 360 is dropping 100 this christmas

claustrophobia9
09-08-2006, 03:36 AM
on one hand i hope it does drop in price but another part of me doesnt. id like it to own the wii (make all the jokes you want... that thing is gonna be a powerhouse, IF nintendo can get some good developers) but on the otherhand i dont want to have bough it for 400, have been grounded not being able to play it for 3 months and only getting 1 real month before the reprice... meaning i overpayed.

halo 3 will be a good game... but it will only be my temporary favorite.

some good ones to check out:
-oblivion, waste hours, upon hours
-chrome hounds (only online, the single player is essentailly a "how to not suck online" tutorial)
-mass effect, not release (think oblivion meets knights of the old republic... bioware delivers)
-gears of war, this is going to be the FPS to own. epic games development. (unreal) has cliffy b at the head of the project... (hes like a really good gamer and knows what people want) its build off of the U3 engine and will be released in november. because the team didnt have to screw around with the engine a ton, im putting money that they really pushed alot into the game. the thing that really got people talking is the stop and pop, and the chainsaw melee. we got 2 months until what I consider to be the first good, unique fps for the 360. http://games.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1167/Gears-of-War/ there are som preview movies there

durrell
09-08-2006, 04:08 AM
The wii may be a powerhouse, but Nintendo never winds over Microsoft or Sony when it comes to developers. Tell me, would you rather be playing Mario Kart 25 or Halo 5 down the road?

thechubbss12
09-08-2006, 05:42 AM
Ehhh... who cares about modern games.... Im buying the Wii so i can play my fave old gameboy games on the big screen.... IMO thats what will keep Nintendo in the running for the dominating system.... Is the new idea that Nintendo always come up with on thier systems (N64 used 64 bit graphics (best graphics on a console at the time,) GBA most graphicly capible handheld of its time, GC used 3 inch discs that used a layerd data technology, DS has a wifi link that requires no added money (also incorperated the touch pad + the ability to play all the older Gameboy games), Wii will have the capibility to download all of Nintendos older games + the older sega games for a small fee (IMO i would rather spend 5 bucks for a older game that i have never played then $50+ on a new model game...)) they make it a priority to do something diffrent... and for me that makes the diffrence. Nintendo user for life.

Im a old school gamer who has lost taste for the modern games.... I know lots of people my bro included who have gone away from the gaming marker who will purchase the Wii because they can download older games... Not to mention the running price is not going to be way too much like 360's was ($400... i could buy a used DM4 for that.... )

The first time i heard about PS3 i knew it was going to flop.... Blu ray is a bad idea and everyone knows it but Sony...

bamf-hacker
09-08-2006, 07:14 AM
The first time i heard about PS3 i knew it was going to flop.... Blu ray is a bad idea and everyone knows it but Sony...

:yeahthat:

Plus Sony is too late... They needed to get the console out to be inline with the xbox360.

Plus, paintball is played outside, so who needs a game console anyway :)

JMotioN
09-08-2006, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Orginally Posted by: bamf-hacker
Plus Sony is too late... They needed to get the console out to be inline with the xbox360.

(i would quote that but im at school and it wont let me ;D)

Im interested in what the Wii is gonna do to the industry. i think it will triumph over the 360 and the ps3 personally. GC was a flop, but Nintendo just got a new Magician for their next bread of magic

durrell
09-08-2006, 09:13 AM
I think the wii will be another miserable failure. Nintendo has fallen way too far behind in the gaming industry to recover, especially from what I've seen with the wii. If they can pick up some big-name contracts from people like EA Sports or someone like that, it could be a possibility. But as long as they keep making Mario games and Dragonball Z bull..they're not going anywhere in America.

colonel_moo
09-08-2006, 01:05 PM
sony as a company is going way down hill. i predict within 5-10 years sony will only be a memory.

durrell
09-08-2006, 01:07 PM
sony as a company is going way down hill. i predict within 5-10 years sony will only be a memory.

I highly doubt that. Gaming is only a VERY small drop in the bucket for them. You're also forgetting all the business they do globally..not just in the US.

claustrophobia9
09-08-2006, 06:08 PM
I highly doubt that. Gaming is only a VERY small drop in the bucket for them. You're also forgetting all the business they do globally..not just in the US.

lets see... they dont actually have any real tv's since the technology is liscensed from samsung

their computers arent really a favorite of people

their gaming products are suffering

their media grip is sliding with the failure of bluray and all the cd-anti-piracy junk

their online softwear developers havent had a decent game in 3 years....

what do they do thats GOOD?

if i were an investor and still by some chance had sony stock i would have sold the second i read that headline about the ps3.

durrel is right, microsoft pwns the developers and i am feeling their "monopoly-like" status will return because of their new mp3 players entering the market.

i say the wii will be likely to succeed because xbox is so minor in japan. the japanese also have a family game thing... so its likely the developers they have will fit the audience of thier console. ps3 WAS in the running in japan until they uttered the dreaded price. wii is the japanese winner. xbox is the us winner. ill get to software by 4 this saturday and hopefully the other one by sunday.

leed
09-08-2006, 09:54 PM
Plus, paintball is played outside, so who needs a game console anyway :)

QFT.

xbox is the us winner.

False.

Life is the true winner. Playing Xbox is a waste of life. Playing paintball is more worth the money and time.

I'm tired of X console VS Y console VS Z Console. It's like Claus VS. His Mom VS. Marv. We all know Marv is going to win in the end. :p jp Claus.

And Claus' Mom...

claustrophobia9
09-09-2006, 04:40 AM
well 1. paintball is expensive. i can pay 60 bucks for a game ill play for months or a case ill shoot in a day.... thats a big difference. 2. i need somthing decently competitive when im not playing paintball... ie when its freezing outside.... which is fairly soon here in ohio, maybe 2 months, i have to be prepaired.

spyderpaintball
09-09-2006, 07:01 AM
Some people are not at liberty to play paintball all the time. Look at me, I can't play since I am at college and do not have any of my gear here.

In my opinion the Xbox 360 has already beat all next gen consoles in the US. This is due to the fact that the 360 has already been released. I don't care about how great a system is that keeps getting postponed. I want to play games now not in a few months. Well maybe a few more months. Instead I bought a 360 since it was available.

I feel unless the Wii gets some US game contracts it will flop here. I really like the concept, but I hate the game line up for it. Most of it is anime style games that clearly cater to the japanese market.

.21'[~tw!tch*
09-09-2006, 07:20 AM
Some people are not at liberty to play paintball all the time. Look at me, I can't play since I am at college and do not have any of my gear here.

In my opinion the Xbox 360 has already beat all next gen consoles in the US. This is due to the fact that the 360 has already been released. I don't care about how great a system is that keeps getting postponed. I want to play games now not in a few months. Well maybe a few more months. Instead I bought a 360 since it was available.

I feel unless the Wii gets some US game contracts it will flop here. I really like the concept, but I hate the game line up for it. Most of it is anime style games that clearly cater to the japanese market.

Yeah Me too, I hate AZ. Stupid No Paintball here.
I wanna go home./

.;p3ace:.

claustrophobia9
09-10-2006, 09:22 AM
ok so im alittle slow on the delivery, but i had work yesterday, get off me. i decided to partially merge the two topics

Performance

alot of debate has been going into performance issues between the ps3 and the xbox 360...

which is faster?

which graphics will look (have the ability) better?

which will have easier development tools/ will be easier for programmers?

from the technological standpoint the ps3 SHOULD be better. ususally the tell tale signs show which will have more power.
-ususally significantly more expensive
and/or
-released after another product

usually these inherently mean that the product should be better. PS3 is an exception.

you might remeber ign's hardware analysis from last year.... http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p1.html
there it is... xbox blows the doors off of everything ecept streaming floating point because of ps3's 7 dsp proccessors. this means the ps3 has about double the streaming proccess power as xbox 360, although the general purpose floating point is the same, with about 1gflop in favor of xbox.

this article helps show the cpu comparison between the systems. http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2006/0130/076.html to the ordinary eye it might show that ps3's core processor really kicks the **** out of the 360. unfortunately xbox played a very smart move. since they released first, it was almost garunteed the ps3 would have better hardware... so what did they do? they TRIPLED it. take the numbers forbes shows and multiply them by three, that is the 360. also the processors are much cheeper and help with the price difference.

although xbox doesnt have the streaming floating point that helps ps3 have tons of things going on and distributed over the core, xbox makes up for it with their system bandwidth, 3 proccessors and gpus which help move through the instructions faster, rather than the neat and clean (and not to mention expensive) methods the sony hardware uses to organize its instructions.

Development & Economics of the system

being the son of a professional software developer i can safely say that the xbox 360 is like a dream and the ps3 is a nightmare.

the xbox 360 doesnt require a ton of organization and uses alot of straight power to get through fairly sloppy programming and make it look good. distributing over 3 cpu's is kind of annoying, but really you just need to get close to balancing the inputs of instructions and calculations.

the ps3 requires a ton of organization. you have to distribute your programming over the 7 DSP's rather than 3 CPU's. the ps3 does have alot of power like the 360 but to unlease it, it takes alot of time. alot of time in a game equates to an expensive game.

Tools Microsoft hasn't really been considered the most consumer friendly company by ALL people. Niether has sony(in recent years), so the race looks like a tie... wrong. microsoft is probibly one of the most developer friendly companies out there. they GIVE AWAY development tools. They encourage individuals to program (ironically they sometimes indirectly help the same people that crash their OS on consumers pc's). whether it be by offering free c++ programming tutorials and programs, or by teaming up with VALVE to help make programming tools for thier engine. microsoft doesnt help the consumer by being there for them as much as they do by educating the consumer. microsoft lives by an age old principal "give a man a fish, feed him for a day, teach a man to fish, feed him for life"

microsoft has ALREADY ANNOUNCED that it absolutely will be making a development kit for the xbox 360 that is aimed at the consumer, rather than just making a kit that is aimed at the developper.

microsoft said they would be using the xbox live market place as a means for people to share their modifications after they are approved by live officials.

economics
as you can see, by focusing on the developer microsoft aims for cheaper games and cheaper content because of their consumer modding group.

the xbox price is already on its way down, making it a contender in the "low price range" with the wii.

not to mention their xbox live envirionment, which is TO THIS DATE, unmatched on consoles, and from what press releases show will still be in the lead with wii following closer than the ps3, because the ps3 has again allotted the work to individual developers.

not much more to say other than this:

xbox: mid-range priced console. quickly released games, with a decent price, on a cheap format of disk, modular, and customizable packages to get ONLY the hardware you want in addition to the base hardware you need. (hd dvd drive, hard drive, wireless network, wireless controlers, and camera are the hardware)

ps3: expensive console. slow released games with large teams, making expensive games with a possibility of being on expensive disks. 2 options on customizibility.

wii: cheap console, no word on anything else...

Ace24
09-10-2006, 09:35 AM
muhahahhahahah *evil laugh*

xbox 360 owner
more time for halo 3 to be produced to come out the same day as ps3 and ruin ps3s launch when ps3 is going to be selling when the 360 is dropping 100 this christmas

No offence but microsoft can rot in hell. Oh and Halo 3 isnt exclusive to the Xbox / Computer anymore...

But honestly, If I wanted to play computer games, I would buy them for my computer and spend alot less. I can make my computer better than an Xbox 360 for half the price of the stupid system and I can use the computer for more then just games. Also, the only games I have seen on Xbox are also on computer. When the get Xbox exclusive games... then I might think about it. But I hate Microsoft for so many reasons.

Honestly, if I had the time/ patience I would upgrade to Lynux.

Also... who here thinks the Wii will do better then the Xbox 360? I know I sure do. Considering its estimated to be around $175 at release because of the huge sucess in Japan and the money Nintendo has already made. I think the more poor gamers are all going to buy a Wii. Rich gamers are getting the PS3, and stupid yet lazy gamers are getting the Xbox 360 (no offence to those that already have it, but you wasted your money)

I'm waiting for the PS3 and I will wait till the price drops. Honestly, I have more importatnt things to do than play video games... so new systems arent my top priority.

claustrophobia9
09-10-2006, 09:47 AM
Oh and Halo 3 isnt exclusive to the Xbox / Computer anymore...
no offenSe but ive heard noobs say smarter, more logical, and more correcy things than that. it is 100% false, give me a source, the game is scrabble, and i challenge your word.

i also love how sony continues to poo all over thier consumers faces and yet they still keep a loyal base... that just shows how stubborn they really are.

Ace24
09-10-2006, 09:49 AM
Have you reaserched it yet to prove me wrong? I read it in a mag somewhere and I cant remember wich one, but it said, "Great news for non Xbox owners! The Halo series is no longer exclusive to the Xbox!"

Prove me wrong.

claustrophobia9
09-10-2006, 09:51 AM
Have you reaserched it yet to prove me wrong? I read it in a mag somewhere and I cant remember wich one, but it said, "Great news for non Xbox owners! The Halo series is no longer exclusive to the Xbox!"

Prove me wrong.
i dont have to prove you wrong, i said there is no article, i have no article in my hand, therefore i am correct. its your job to prove me wrong by producing the article.

http://www.google.com/search?q=halo+3+not+exclusive+to+360&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official it would be a top article if anyone even believed it was true.

besides bungie is owned by microsoft.... :dodgy:

marvin-martian
09-10-2006, 09:54 AM
halo isnt coming to playstation. live with it.

Ace24
09-10-2006, 09:56 AM
Bungie is dropping is contract with Microsoft, thats the whole idea. It was an independant producer before Microsofts overpaid emploers took a hold of it. I dont know if any of you remember the game Oni. Bungie hasnt been owned by Mircosoft for long, but it said they were dropping the contract and becoming a multi platform producer again. There were also giant hints going twards Halo being on other systems. Mainly the PS3.

I know microsoft had a part in producing Halo, but not a big one. They just slap their name in there with their money and come up with the character names more or less and call it partly their game. Bungie is the sole producer. (This is true for other systems too)

claustrophobia9
09-10-2006, 09:58 AM
Bungie is dropping is contract with Microsoft, thats the whole idea. It was an independant producer before Microsofts overpaid emploers took a hold of it. I dont know if any of you remember the game Oni. Bungie hasnt been owned by Mircosoft for long, but it said they were dropping the contract and becoming a multi platform producer again. There were also giant hints going twards Halo being on other systems. Mainly the PS3.

I know microsoft had a part in producing Halo, but not a big one. They just slap their name in there with their money and come up with the character names more or less and call it partly their game. Bungie is the sole producer. (This is true for other systems too)
no article, no drop.

Ace24
09-10-2006, 09:59 AM
I'll find the mag and copy the article. The problem is I dont remember wich mag said it. My friend would know... hes the uber gamer for life kinda guy.

Of course... it could be bull**** made up by the mag. Thats happened before... but I am going on what I read for now. Honestly I would love to see Bungie drop their contract.

claustrophobia9
09-10-2006, 10:04 AM
what the kind of gamer that isnt lazy? :dodgy:

claustrophobia9
09-10-2006, 10:10 AM
Denying reality fails to make the null correct.

spyderpaintball
09-10-2006, 10:11 AM
I'm sorry but this post reaks of ingronance. Comments inside.

No offence but microsoft can rot in hell. Oh and Halo 3 isnt exclusive to the Xbox / Computer anymore...
Proof Please. I dont doubt it but please back up with articles.

But honestly, If I wanted to play computer games, I would buy them for my computer and spend alot less. I can make my computer better than an Xbox 360 for half the price of the stupid system and I can use the computer for more then just games. Also, the only games I have seen on Xbox are also on computer. When the get Xbox exclusive games... then I might think about it. But I hate Microsoft for so many reasons.

Um... I really want to see what your specs on this computer are. I bought a 360 for $300 and I am a computer gamer. I would really like to know what kind of computer can you can build for $150 seeing how many of the parts for a decent, not even great, system cost over $150 let alone an entire computer.

As for xbox specific games? How about Dead Rising? That is a xbox exclusive and a great game at that

Honestly, if I had the time/ patience I would upgrade to Lynux.
Please explain to me what this great new operation system....ohh wait you mean Linux.

Also... who here thinks the Wii will do better then the Xbox 360? I know I sure do. Considering its estimated to be around $175 at release because of the huge sucess in Japan and the money Nintendo has already made. I think the more poor gamers are all going to buy a Wii. Rich gamers are getting the PS3, and stupid yet lazy gamers are getting the Xbox 360 (no offence to those that already have it, but you wasted your money)

All three will do well in their target group. The Wii is designed for the Japanese style gamer. Anime, ect. The problem with the PS3 is that it is competing with the same taget group that the 360 is. Release date and price will kill the PS3.

May I inquire as to why I am stupid and lazy to buy a 360? or any console for that matter. How does buying a console equate to physical activity and mental capacity?

I'm waiting for the PS3 and I will wait till the price drops. Honestly, I have more importatnt things to do than play video games... so new systems arent my top priority.

claustrophobia9
09-10-2006, 10:16 AM
waiting for the ps3 is even worse of an idea than saying bomb on the phone now a days

DyNasty9
09-10-2006, 10:30 AM
theres no way in hell halo 3 comes out for ps3 or any other consoled besides xbox/comp. find a reputable source and i might actually consider it.

xbox 360 ftw

UKwithPride
09-10-2006, 10:38 AM
And this is another reason why Ace is on my ignore list.

I'll just keep using my PS2, because I hardly use it and the only time I do use it is for DDR. So there is no need for me to update.

claustrophobia9
09-10-2006, 10:56 AM
ddr? you just made my ignore list.... :p im jk... personally i wont play, but i know people (way too many) that do.

UKwithPride
09-10-2006, 11:18 AM
ddr? you just made my ignore list.... :p im jk... personally i wont play, but i know people (way too many) that do.
There's a machine at the movie theater, and like me and my friends are practically the only ones who play it. But I also like the pad.

Tk-421
09-10-2006, 08:01 PM
i play more pc games than i do console games...but every now and then i fall back to the good ol' ps2..next console i buy will probably be the 360 though

stylinbeaver
09-10-2006, 08:13 PM
And this is another reason why Ace is on my ignore list.

I'll just keep using my PS2, because I hardly use it and the only time I do use it is for DDR. So there is no need for me to update.
YES!!! I'm not the only guy that plays DDR! I also own two pads and I own DDR Max, DDR max 2. I can play any song on heavy except the max songs.

Ace24
09-10-2006, 08:47 PM
I dont see why waiting for the price on the PS3 to drop is dumb. It takes one year and then the price drops.

All you do by buying it early is pay too much, and have to wait for the games to come out. Patience is a virtue. For example, the 360 is dropping in price this christmas.

Like I said before, videogaming isnt a need for me, so waiting for something like that isnt a tragidy.

luciusad2004
09-10-2006, 09:24 PM
Does every one think this poorly of the wii? I had lost my faith in nintendo a LONG time ago but i really do think the wii could be a good system and i plan on buying one. I think with the right amount of advertising and promotion it really could bring gameing to the family.

Its afordable; almost anyone could aford(i dont think i spelled that right???)

Its unique; I think that the new way of controlling games, if the developers take advantage of it, could be alot of fun

The ability to play old games; come on... were talking games grandma can play. Now the whole family could join in.

It just looks fun. Its like a breath of fresh air to a world were games have become predictable. You pick up a FPS for your given system of choice and you pretty much KNOW how to play. The wii has the potential to do something different. But thats only if the developers take advantage of it.

Other than the wii though, i plan on going with a 360. Simply put, thats what my friends play. I want to be able to show up at a game party and break in to a good game of halo without useing someone else's system. Plus i really dont think ill have the money to drop on a ps3, really, i would like to keep my first born child, not give it up to sony. Also, i dont know the validity of this statement but i heard that since sony is using this new bluray technology, games may be up towards 80 bucks. Games are expensive enough as it is i dont have that much to drop on a couple of weeks worth of entertainment.

As far as wich will be better ps3 or 360, i cant say untill i see both firsthand. It could be close who knows. In the end, its all preference. They will both probably rock and whats really important is the software. Buy what u like.

Jimmyd24
09-11-2006, 05:58 AM
there actually realeasing it on november 17, 400,000 ciopiers

DFSniper
09-11-2006, 08:10 AM
i read this in a pc magazine, direct quote from bill gates:"almost every game made for 360 will be available for PC" and the only game i'm really looking foreward to is Army of Two (its gonna be BADASS, thats the only word that i can come up with to describe it)

blueray: dont really care for it or HDDVD

wii: the controller is a nice touch (supposedly can function as a sword if needed) but it doesnt have the tilt feature of the PS3 controller.

marvin-martian
09-11-2006, 11:45 AM
i hate the tilt feature for the ps3. it just sounds like a bad idea to me, and they also had to take out the dualshock to have it.

claustrophobia9
09-11-2006, 01:53 PM
there actually realeasing it on november 17, 400,000 ciopiers
pronouns FTL... and if you are talking about the ps3... i already told you they pushed back the release FROM nov 17 TO march 2k7

badlandsrox
09-11-2006, 10:22 PM
pronouns FTL... and if you are talking about the ps3... i already told you they pushed back the release FROM nov 17 TO march 2k7

And where did you hear this?
If you go to the sony site it says nov. 17... i think of anyone thy would have it right :dodgy:

marvin-martian
09-12-2006, 03:44 AM
And where did you hear this?
If you go to the sony site it says nov. 17... i think of anyone thy would have it right :dodgy:
http://www.gamespot.com/features/6157294/index.html?tag=topslot;action;1

claustrophobia9
09-12-2006, 12:45 PM
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US.

YOU LOSE

I WIN

[/argument]

the moral of this thread is that denying the truth doesnt make lies reality.

UKwithPride
09-12-2006, 03:43 PM
That says it's delayed in Europe...

SharpObjects
09-12-2006, 05:57 PM
Set Backs on everythingHERES THE BIG NEWS THAT DOESNT SURPRISE ANYONE... PS3 RELEASE IS PUSHED BACK
1. BluRay has been set back 6 months already now the ps3 has been moved to march 2k7, 5 months past the promised date.

Bluray
not only is it holding things back its also a very big deterant
Bluray is NOT going to win the format war.

2. its expensive

3. its fragile (.6mm of protection instead of hddvd's 1.2mm)

4. it does not hold much more as people are claiming. HDDVD in the format that is being released has a max of 20 gb... but can hold the equivalent of 45gb of bluray format bluray holds 50gb. the reason is because HDDVD has a better compression.

5. the "coalition". toshiba, microsoft, intel, NEC, sanyo, HP, compaq, universal and disney

7. sony has never won a format war before... what makes bluray any different.
beta (was against vhs), was superior, sony hogged the technology.
minidisk... need i say more
umd... sure it works well for games but the movies were a fad
--- this spot is reserved for bluray.... when it comes out.

SECTION 2 on internals and features (not disk type related) coming soon.
SECTION 3 on game development and economics after release after that.

Oh my god, I think I love you...

j/k for real though. I tried owning a PS2, and the games where just terrible.

No game developer at this point in time, or in any point in time in the near future, will need to use 50gb on one disk for a game. The learning curve for developers to create games on the PS3 is going to be huge.
Fony is just having a terrible time right now, and delaying Europe is just gonna bring them down more.

Plus...PS3 = no Halo 3.

marvin-martian
09-12-2006, 06:03 PM
Plus...PS3 = no Halo 3.
xbox = no metal gear 4

SharpObjects
09-12-2006, 06:10 PM
PS3 = No gears of war either. Sorry, but I can't use a chainsaw as a bayonet in MGS4.

Anyone for a ytmnd?
http://snakecantaffordps3.ytmnd.com/

claustrophobia9
09-12-2006, 06:55 PM
That says it's delayed in Europe...
yes, which in turn is halting the world wide release because of the shippment delays.

UKwithPride
09-12-2006, 11:49 PM
yes, which in turn is halting the world wide release because of the shippment delays.

"Of the 500,000 launch PS3s, 100,000 will go on sale in Japan on November 11, and 400,000 will hit store shelves in North America on November 17."

Straight from http://www.gamespot.com/news/6157152.html