PDA

View Full Version : High end guns vs. Low end gun..

hXc drummer23
09-06-2006, 07:42 PM
Ok so I have an Ion. I went to the shop today and one of the guys had a ul framed dm4. I went and shot it. I liked it alot better than my ion. It felt alot better. Do yall have any opinions about high end guns over low end guns?

TheRedBarron
09-06-2006, 08:47 PM
Oh boy...

Be good guys, no flaming of anyone.

High end guns cost what they do for a reason. You get what you pay for.

Graffiti
09-06-2006, 08:48 PM
A mid grade marker in the hands of a experience shooter will rule a less experience shooter with a top end marker any time

vikingshadow
09-07-2006, 02:30 AM
Yes, but the question wasn't about the shooter - it's about low end guns vs high end guns.

my thoughts echo RedBarron - you get what you pay for a lot of the time...

Sandman_Bravo
09-07-2006, 03:21 AM
I'll let you know. I ordered a Shocker this week to replace my up'ed Pilot. I've shot upper end markers, and I've pwned people shooting expensive guns with my pilot. It's all relative.

shunut
09-07-2006, 06:36 AM
When I made the jump from low-end to high-end I did so because I wanted something that I could take out of the box, put a tank, loader and barrel on, play and have a gun that will keep up with my playing style, at the time, which is pretty much from the couch now because I can't play anymore (happy now chris? :wink:). Low-end guns are fine if you don't play very often. There is no reason to invest $1000 into a gun if you only play a couple times a year. If you play often they are worth the investment.

bamf-hacker
09-07-2006, 06:37 AM
the High end-Low end debate goes on.....

It can relate to anything in life.

How does a Lamborghini compare to a Corvette....
* They both have wheels
* They both have engines
* They both go from point a to point b
* The difference is the Lamborghini is much better made with higher tolerances and thus you get better performance.

How does a F16 compare to a Cesna...
* They both have wings
* They both Fly
* They both go from point A to point B
* The difference is the F16 is much better made with higher tolerances and thus you get better performance.

See where this is going......

How Does a DM6 compare to an Ion...
* They both shoot paintballs
* They both have Eyes
* They both have multiple firing modes
* They both can shoot at 15bps (tourney limits)
* The difference is the DM6 is much better made with higher tolerances and thus you get better performance.

So all that was to say the same as Barron and Vike... You get what you pay for.

Do you need what you pay for? Well that is a question for you to answer.

vwjimmy
09-07-2006, 06:44 AM
the High end-Low end debate goes on.....

It can relate to anything in life.

How does a Lamborghini compare to a Corvette....
* They both have wheels
* They both have engines
* They both go from point a to point b
* The difference is the Lamborghini is much better made with higher tolerances and thus you get better performance.

How does a F16 compare to a Cesna...
* They both have wings
* They both Fly
* They both go from point A to point B
* The difference is the F16 is much better made with higher tolerances and thus you get better performance.

See where this is going......

How Does a DM6 compare to an Ion...
* They both shoot paintballs
* They both have Eyes
* They both have multiple firing modes
* They both can shoot at 15bps (tourney limits)
* The difference is the DM6 is much better made with higher tolerances and thus you get better performance.

So all that was to say the same as Barron and Vike... You get what you pay for.

Do you need what you pay for? Well that is a question for you to answer.
Bravo D,
A+

TheRedBarron
09-07-2006, 07:50 AM
Bravo D,
A+
heh.. that is Vikes job.

I mean you need to be reasonable dont expect a gun you paid 1400 for to be any better than one you spend 1000 on, but both of these will be better than that Ion, Promaster, etc.

So I guess it is that you get whatyou pay for, but once you reach a certain level the difference is mostly preference.

shunut
09-07-2006, 08:43 AM
QTF. Once you get up to the $1000 price range all the guns pretty much perform on the same level. Again when I decided to make the jump I looked at all the high end guns, Angel's, Timmy's, DM's and Ego's. I researched them. Narrowed it down to the G7 or the Ego. So then I went to the shop I usually go to and I asked to hold both of them. I liked the feel of the Ego better so thats what I got.

timmyshoota
09-07-2006, 09:35 AM
and have a gun that will keep up with my playing style.

So many jokes, sooo sooooooooo many jokes. You should be glad I can't pick a favorite right now. :)

As many can attest to, I've owned nearly every gun out there. As I've gone up the ladder I've found why the higher end markers are just so much better and worth the money. When you buy low end guns you sacrifice things, whether it be quality, air consumption, accuracy, efficiency, etc. When you get into the high end markers, the only time you sacrifice something is to gain more of something else. A Matrix marker will sacrifice efficiency, but they shoot so smooth and have almost no kick. Pin valves kick more, especially Egos, but the efficiency you get is amazing and IMO have a better overall feel. Where I give up, I gain a lot more somewhere else. With the low ends, you give up a lot and get almost nothing back.

I've found that Timmys give me everything I want in a marker. I may own other guns, but my main gun and the gun I always go back to, will be a Timmy.

vikingshadow
09-07-2006, 08:06 PM
Again, I have to say you get what you pay for, but I would lower the price range to around 700-800 bucks, not necessarily 1000+...each "higher" end gun has it positives and negatives, and just like timmy up there, I'll always go back to the shocker because that's the gun I find feels best for me. I really haven't found another that best works FOR ME....the preference thing is big...

Recon by Fire
09-07-2006, 08:43 PM
High end markers tend to be "nicer" than low end markers. What they do not however do is make you have any more fun, that should be the same no matter what you have.

twotoneman
09-07-2006, 09:47 PM
I'll let you know. I ordered a Shocker this week to replace my up'ed Pilot. I've shot upper end markers, and I've pwned people shooting expensive guns with my pilot. It's all relative.You'll regret it Shockers break ALOT unless you take extensive care of it make sure you do. Doesn't really matter what gun you shoot if you can ball I don't care.

vikingshadow
09-08-2006, 04:53 AM
^^^Sorry, I have to call BS on that post -

I've had my shocker for almost 3 years now and it's broken down ONCE in that whole time using it EVERY weekend and in tournaments. Turned out to be the noid, but that happens on several other types of guns as well. Everyone I know personally that has a shocker has never had it break down on them, and if you check most forums you'll see there are MANY that don't have guns that break down on them unless it's some sort of user error.

Shockers are good guns, and reliable if you take care of them. Period.

TheRedBarron
09-08-2006, 07:24 AM

We no longer call BS Vike it made too many kiddies cry.

It is now Shenanigens Shens, or Shalamagans (if you have a speach problem)

FredPo
09-08-2006, 10:10 AM

Shockers are good guns, and reliable if you take care of them. Period.
I agree with Vike on this one. I think this statement is also safe to say about every high end marker. With proper maintenance, user error will be eliminated and you shouldn't have many problems. Every marker will somehow have a leak here or there or you may need to replace the noid every couple of years but nothing to drastic if you take proper care.

Fred

Hoppy11
09-08-2006, 12:18 PM
It all depends on what you call exstensive care, if you think stripping your gun down after every day of play is to much work, then don't buy a high end gun. That is just general mainenance, and it doesn't even take that long. If you want your high end marker to preform like a high end marker, you need to take correct care of it.

Prospekt
09-08-2006, 01:01 PM
If you're going to buy a high end gun, make sure you check to see that it has dual flux capacitors. If not, it's not worth the investment.

Sandman_Bravo
09-08-2006, 03:47 PM
Sounds like 2-tone is biased. Well I just picked up my Shocker today and it is great.

Baller-59
09-08-2006, 05:22 PM
seeing as how I bought an Etek today, yay for high end guns

Sandman_Bravo
09-08-2006, 06:04 PM
If you're going to buy a high end gun, make sure you check to see that it has dual flux capacitors. If not, it's not worth the investment.

Negative, negative... they just impact on the surface!

FredPo
09-08-2006, 07:07 PM
I've found that Timmys give me everything I want in a marker. I may own other guns, but my main gun and the gun I always go back to, will be a Timmy.

I should frame this and put it on my wall. All the ranting I took for you for being a timmy fan. I'm at least glad you found the right marker :). Just wait until you get the scmIII on there and see how much more accurate it is.

Fred

hXc drummer23
09-08-2006, 08:05 PM
Well Im going to get a dm6 soon. Im also going to keep my ion as a back up gun.

yamaha cow
09-08-2006, 08:36 PM
i know alot of people dont consider an ion a high end gun but for a player that has been playin for 2-3 years it it quite an improvment over there stock spyder most of the time. i just got an ion and yes i like it alot better than my spyders but i still love spyders. but i guess i have hear ions called low end and high end depending on what upgrades you have.

claustrophobia9
09-09-2006, 04:47 AM
I agree with Vike on this one. I think this statement is also safe to say about every high end marker. With proper maintenance, user error will be eliminated and you shouldn't have many problems. Every marker will somehow have a leak here or there or you may need to replace the noid every couple of years but nothing to drastic if you take proper care.

Fred
zomg its fred!

replace the noid is a bit of an overstatement... how about replace parts in the noid.... (if you can find them at the manf. site)

PS BALLER WE WANT PICSSSSS :D

Baller-59
09-10-2006, 07:50 PM
after playing with the Etek today nothing makes me smile faster than people thinking you're shooting an automatic. high end all the way. I was shooting straight semi. They were only n00bs wearing my paint.

hXc drummer23
09-10-2006, 08:41 PM
after playing with the Etek today nothing makes me smile faster than people thinking you're shooting an automatic. high end all the way. I was shooting straight semi. They were only n00bs wearing my paint.

I hope to feel the same way when I get my dm6.

oldnewb
09-11-2006, 08:20 PM
I know this'll sound like a stupid question, but is there such a thing as a "high-end" woodsball or scenario gun? I have no interest in playing with a bright red anodized speedball marker out in the woods, but if I do eventually upgrade from my MR1, I'd still like to get the same kind of performance as a higher end marker, without the "2fast2furious" styling (as close to milsim as possible preferably). Something I can bang against rocks and trees (accidentally, of course), but still perform like a high end speedball marker, and looks like something a special forces soldier would be proud to carry.

So far, all I've seen out there are modded Tippman A5s, and the occasional SP-8 (basically an Ion). Also, I haven't heard great things about most of the super scenario markers such as ones made by RAP, Ariakon, etc. in terms of performance and reliability (although they DO look cool).

shunut
09-11-2006, 08:58 PM

I heard that all night with my Ego and Spimmy last time I played. One kind I actually let shoot my Ego because he didn't believe me and also had never heard of an Ego :nododgy:

Baller-59
09-12-2006, 08:37 PM
^It was my first day playing with it and I almost killed a few people for even touching it. I saw the guys at the chrono doing other people's guns and my exact words were, "If they don't let me chrno my own marker I'm getting in my car and leaving. I haven't even shot the damn thing yet. There's no way they're gonna shoot it before me."

I hope to feel the same way when I get my dm6.
join AFROTC in college and you can. My etek felt out of place in the woods though:( I was one of two or three people who brought my own gun. One of the others brought a tippy A5, and another brought a tippy tweaked by spec ops paintball. You can't put a 20+ bps marker against a bunch of 10 bps if they're lucky rentals and expect me to only use a hopper. I ended up wasting one guy when he WENT ALL THE WAY OUT FROM BERHIND HIS COVER AND TRIED TO SHOOT ME. Then I had another guy cowering behind his tree afraid to stick anything besides his gun out. I almost blew his loader off a few times. then I ran out of paint:( HE let off a few shots in my general direction after I called myself out and was walking back getting ready for the walk of shame. I say general direction because they were nowhere close. I didn't even have to duck and run. He's lucky I was outta paint though or I woulda turned and put at least three into him.

When the guy with the spec ops tippy 98 came outta the woods my next words were, "The other team just lost their leet snipezor." And yes I did say snipezor.

To oldnewb. You can get a black high end gun that would look nice. pbgear.com had some "japaneese camo" karnis still in stock. You could also get a shochtech shocker in realtree or something like that. The DM6 comes in an olive color more closely resembling the color of baby poop. Or if you see something you like you could always get it custom annoed.

hXc drummer23
09-13-2006, 07:30 PM
Yea my friend was with me when I bought my ion. Right when I got home to shoot it he was trying to shoot it. But yea I would take my dm6 out in the woods a couple times.

ShadowCaster
09-13-2006, 08:05 PM
I lurk these forums checking out posts from time to time. Saw something here that interested me and I felt like I should comment.

The "once you get into the $1000 guns, they all perform the same" comment is pretty much false.

I can sit here and knock every gun except the one I use, because i've used all the other popular high end guns at this time. Someone lets me use it or i've owned one. There are some pretty radical differnces between each $1000+ marker. Ranging from poor effeciency, to wear problems, the accuracy (don't give me the barrel paint match schtick please. It counts, but if it matches fine, whos fault is it?)

Figure it out for yourself and don't turn to forums. Shoot the gun you want to buy, either a friend, or someone selling theirs at the field (they'll let you field test it if you show interest in buying it, real or not.) If you don't like it or it doesn't suit your style, try something else. I realize that not everyone is in a paintball mecca like myself and doesn't have everygun at their local field to try out. So if you like the gun you're thinking about pick one up. If you find something better, sell your gun and buy that one.

As far as the High End vs. Low End Gun thing goes. Listen to Bamf.

adriann222
09-14-2006, 06:14 AM
Well even though this is already on page 4 I feel like I will comment because I think there is a definative set of markers that is always left out.

The Mid-End Guns

To me this group of markers are the ones that can be purchased for $300-$700. These include markers such as the B2K, Impulse, E-Cocker, Promaster, Older Shockers and Matrix, Wraiths, Older Angels, ect...

I will start this rant by saying I have never owned an Ego, DM5, Viking, ect... The highest I ever got was a very nice Angel LCD about 3 years ago. However, I have used and borrowed just about every gun available with in the last 10 years so I do have experience. I feel that the Mid-End guns are seen as the mo-peds (or fat girls) of the paintball world. You know that whole "It's fun to ride, but don't let your friends see you on it" kinda thing.

Kids that are playing with tippy's, spyders, and Ions (yes I consider then "low-end"....well maybe "Low-Mid") all see us out there on the field tearing it up with our markers and they want that. So they ask us what we recomend and we give them this big speach about efficiency, accuracy, ect...and tell them to go and get a $800+ marker. But do they need it? I mean yes I will agree a serious player (More than 6 games a year) needs a serious marker that can compete. However, a Python Impulse can compete with a DM5; a B2K4 can compete with an Ego; an E-cocker can compete with a Fly Angel. Will they dominate....no, but they will compete.

It is this ability to "compete" that will allow the young player (in experience not age) to learn how to play better, rather than rely on their marker to play for them, and it will teach them about this new type (electro-pneumatic) of marker before they reach the level of the high ends.

After all, all paintball guns will malfunction at some point, so it is a good idea to know what to do when it occurs, and you can't work on a DM5 if you've only ever owned a Spyder.

Sorry for the length.

Baller-59
09-14-2006, 05:37 PM
^you forgot the principle rule with guns. the gun doesn't make the player, the player makes the gun.

timmyshoota
09-14-2006, 06:20 PM
^you forgot the principle rule with guns. the gun doesn't make the player, the player makes the gun.
To an extent. A gun can hamper a player, or it can allow him to play to his potential. I've gone into this before, so I'm not gonna do so again. You all should be able to understand this on your own. If not, you should understand paintball guns and paintball a little more before buying a high end marker.

Nenkitsune
09-14-2006, 06:25 PM
the way i think of it is this, if you start off with a low/mid range gun (a spyder for example) then it can help you build your skills up, since you need more skills to compensate for what the gun lacks. if you start off with a very high end gun, you won't need to build your skill as high (but in the end, you will need every ounce of skill you can muster)
i had an argument with a friend about how to rate guns (low mid high) i told him guns like the triad are low end, spyders are in the mid range, and guns like angels are in the high end. he said he was very very offended and felt very degraded when i said a spyder is a midrange gun. (i own one myself, i love it) he thinks that spyders are high end, and angels and such, are a "premium" grade of guns. his standards are a bit tweaked at times.

Hossy
09-14-2006, 06:35 PM
the way i think of it is this, if you start off with a low/mid range gun (a spyder for example) then it can help you build your skills up, since you need more skills to compensate for what the gun lacks. if you start off with a very high end gun, you won't need to build your skill as high (but in the end, you will need every ounce of skill you can muster)
i had an argument with a friend about how to rate guns (low mid high) i told him guns like the triad are low end, spyders are in the mid range, and guns like angels are in the high end. he said he was very very offended and felt very degraded when i said a spyder is a midrange gun. (i own one myself, i love it) he thinks that spyders are high end, and angels and such, are a "premium" grade of guns. his standards are a bit tweaked at times.

ima disagree with some of this

a spyder is low range...

you should start out with a low range gun, so that 1 you learn how to take care of it, and 2 that if ur playing for rec reasons, you dont spend $1000 on a gun that you will play with like 3 times a year.

when you wanna build skill, the Mid range is for you, because it will keep up, but at the same time wont kill your wallet....but skill can come from not even using a gun, learning how to communicate, dive and do nessessary movements.

as long as ur gun is consistant, the gun will help you become better overall.

I will have to say spyders are only midranged when they have eyes, and have some overall ups, such as feedneck, reg, and such others...

Nenkitsune
09-14-2006, 06:47 PM
ima disagree with some of this

a spyder is low range...

you should start out with a low range gun, so that 1 you learn how to take care of it, and 2 that if ur playing for rec reasons, you dont spend $1000 on a gun that you will play with like 3 times a year.

when you wanna build skill, the Mid range is for you, because it will keep up, but at the same time wont kill your wallet....but skill can come from not even using a gun, learning how to communicate, dive and do nessessary movements.

as long as ur gun is consistant, the gun will help you become better overall.

I will have to say spyders are only midranged when they have eyes, and have some overall ups, such as feedneck, reg, and such others...
i should've mentioned that too. i meant to put that spyders are low/mid
is it a lot if you play paintball like, 1-2 times a month? cause that's how it is for me and my friends XP

timmyshoota
09-14-2006, 07:19 PM
I try to play every weekend, and I have friends who play a lot more than that. They also happen to play on Div1 NPPL teams, so you do the math.

Nenkitsune
09-14-2006, 08:02 PM
yeah but we just play for fun.
(btw, i need a lens for a raven NVX, apparently the "java" mask that came with my gun is a raven mask lol)

TheRedBarron
09-15-2006, 09:43 AM
I try to play every weekend, and I have friends who play a lot more than that. They also happen to play on Div1 NPPL teams, so you do the math.
QFT, I play as often as I can.

hXc drummer23
09-16-2006, 07:36 AM
Ok so Im not getting a dm6 anymore. Im waiting until the dm7 comes out.

Baller-59
09-16-2006, 10:17 AM
To an extent. A gun can hamper a player, or it can allow him to play to his potential. I've gone into this before, so I'm not gonna do so again. You all should be able to understand this on your own. If not, you should understand paintball guns and paintball a little more before buying a high end marker.
horse crap. it still relies on getting the upper hand in a gunfight and being able to put the balls where they need to go. if you know your equipment and you have the talent you should be able to do that with any gun. Just because you own $1000 worth of gun doesn't mean that you have the talent to use it properly.

Paintball0308
09-16-2006, 02:24 PM
horse crap. it still relies on getting the upper hand in a gunfight and being able to put the balls where they need to go. if you know your equipment and you have the talent you should be able to do that with any gun. Just because you own $1000 worth of gun doesn't mean that you have the talent to use it properly.
Thats true but a gun that feels better in your hand, has less kick, shoots faster, better trigger pull and stuff will make you play better.

Hob Hayward
09-16-2006, 06:18 PM
Yeah, think if you had to use a brass eagle pump, how well would you be able to play? Certainly not aswell as if you were shooting a angel 1.

timmyshoota
09-16-2006, 06:23 PM
You aparently didn't grasp the concept of what I said. If you actually believe what you said, I've got prime real estate on Mars I'll sell you.

Baller-59
09-16-2006, 08:33 PM
Thats true but a gun that feels better in your hand, has less kick, shoots faster, better trigger pull and stuff will make you play better.

If you actually take the time to get to know your gear and how your gear works you will know how to handle it when a situation comes your way. So even if you have more kick or even if it doesn’t feel too good in your hands when you first get it it will then feel like an extension of your body, and if you have to lay down a lot of paint you know that you have to put the gun harder into your shoulder to help control the small amount of muzzle climb.

Yeah, think if you had to use a brass eagle pump, how well would you be able to play? Certainly not as well as if you were shooting a angel 1.

I would have to actually get used to playing with a pump first. If I just show up at the field and then pull it fresh out of the package I’m probably gonna get my butt handed to me. It comes from knowing your gear and having the skills to know how to use it. In the end it all comes down to your ability as a gunfighter. The fact that some kid with a gun that his parents bought him can ramp it at 20 bps doesn’t mean jack if he can’t get you to stay in your bunker while he moves up and around to get a better shot off at you. IF you suck at gun fighting elimination is just a snap shot away. All it takes in one paintball to hit you and you’re done. Contrary to you youngin’s beliefs quantity has nothing to do with how good you do. Like I said, the fact that you can lay down an entire hopper in under 15 seconds doesn’t mean jack if you can’t put them in a place where they will keep someone from shooting at you or get them out. Also the brass eagle would have to work in the first place.

to an extent yes. If you improperly maintain your gear and it breaks down on you, you will be hampered by it. BUT if you maintain it properly you should be able to hold your own. I’m not lying when I tell you it comes down to skill and a little bit of luck. I’m sticking by my guns and telling you that if you are comfortable with your equipment you stand just as much a chance of walking off that field clean with your bone stock spyder as you do the guy with the Ego. In the end it all comes down to talent. Without talent you’re gonna consistently lose. You never ever hear anybody credit the gun a player used for getting the win in a game. He might thank the manufacturer since it got him through, but in the end they are gonna say that it was his talent in the sport that allowed him to win. Think of it in terms of football gear: your pads, helmet, cleats, and gloves aren’t gonna help you win a game. Two guys with the exact same car or motorcycle should be able to have a close match up. The better driver or rider is gonna be the person who wins in the end. The fact that we are actually debating which ones are better is like comparing a Honda to a Ferrari. The Ferrari costs more but it’s gonna beat the pants off of the Honda. If you put a Ferrari against the same model of Ferrari the best driver is gonna win.
This is why at a tournament level the best team is gonna win. Everybody is shooting something comparable to the other people on the field so in the end it’s all equal and the person with the talent and the skills is going to win. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

You aparently didn't grasp the concept of what I said. If you actually believe what you said, I've got prime real estate on Mars I'll sell you.

If you're interested I know a place you can take your head out off. or maybe you can shove your head up there further, then maybe you can either suffocate or dissapear into your own rectum. darn it, I gave the location away.

shunut
09-16-2006, 08:59 PM
I think this thread is going in the wrong direction. You need to calm down and if you have a problem with another member, take it off the boards. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and nobody is right or wrong, so deal with it. If you have a problem with that, go somewhere else or you can be forced to leave. :nunu:

chubb0rz
09-17-2006, 04:47 AM
This wasnt really supposed to be a players skill thread but since we are already there...

Any good player shouldnt need to worry about what gun they shoot. You should be able to use almost any working gun, within reason, and still play the same. Versitilty is the key. Yes reliablity is a major factor and it affects one's opinion heavily on a marker. Any gun can be reliable, but it doesnt come for free. This is were proper maintence comes in. Being a tech I see the lack of it and can tell you which marker is going to have problems or why it has problems just asking the person a few questions.

If you are going to go high end it all boils down to this. Are you going to be playing enough to justify the expense? Are you going to be committed to maintaining it? Is the maintence to hard for you?

When ever people ask me what gun they should by I try to follow something like this:

If you are going to be playing rarely over a few months than dont spend over $150-200 on a gun, since you still have to buy other gear.

If you are going to be playing once a month rec than buy something around $200-500.

If you are going to be playing constantly and are going to want to jump into the tourny scene than shop based on your budget. Anything from $400-1200.

But once again in the end it all comes down to preference.

Hob Hayward
09-17-2006, 07:03 AM
I would have to actually get used to playing with a pump first. If I just show up at the field and then pull it fresh out of the package Iím probably gonna get my butt handed to me. It comes from knowing your gear and having the skills to know how to use it. In the end it all comes down to your ability as a gunfighter. The fact that some kid with a gun that his parents bought him can ramp it at 20 bps doesnít mean jack if he canít get you to stay in your bunker while he moves up and around to get a better shot off at you. IF you suck at gun fighting elimination is just a snap shot away. All it takes in one paintball to hit you and youíre done. Contrary to you younginís beliefs quantity has nothing to do with how good you do. Like I said, the fact that you can lay down an entire hopper in under 15 seconds doesnít mean jack if you canít put them in a place where they will keep someone from shooting at you or get them out. Also the brass eagle would have to work in the first place.

If you acctually think you can play as well with a brass eagle pump as with an angel one, then you are a moron. Reasoning: A brass eagle pump is the lowest quality paintball gun on the market, they are inaccurate inconsistent peices of crap. While the angel one is accurate, fast and light. Two people with identical skill level each, one wielding a BE pump and the other weilding an Angel fight a one on one. There is no way that the guy with the BE pump is going to do better than the Angel one.

vikingshadow
09-17-2006, 07:40 AM
OK, as Shunut said earlier, this thread is taking a HUGE wrong turn. IT IS NOT ABOUT THE SKILL OF THE PLAYER (although it does come into play in the discussion) BUT IF A HIGH END GUN IS WORTH IT ABOVE A LOW END GUN!!! Discuss calmly, nicely and without calling each other names. PERIOD.

IF I see anymore flaming (as in calling each other names and telling people where to insert parts of their body, EVERYONE, and I MEAN EVERYONE in this thread that had a say in such flaming as determined by me or the other mods will be banned. Consider this your 2nd, 3rd and last warning....

Baller-59
09-17-2006, 05:42 PM
For the record vike, I never told him where to put a body part, only where to remove one from.(don't ban me)

If you acctually think you can play as well with a brass eagle pump as with an angel one, then you are a moron. Reasoning: A brass eagle pump is the lowest quality paintball gun on the market, they are inaccurate inconsistent peices of crap. While the angel one is accurate, fast and light. Two people with identical skill level each, one wielding a BE pump and the other weilding an Angel fight a one on one. There is no way that the guy with the BE pump is going to do better than the Angel one.
stranger things have happened. and have you ever owned and shot a BE pump, or are you just spouting something that you heard from somebody else. everybody who knows paintball hates BE. I also hate WDP, so I wouldn't enjoy shooting either gun.

xtraking
09-17-2006, 05:50 PM
these threads are stupid.

Paintball0308
09-17-2006, 06:02 PM
high ends are better than low ends period, end of thread close this.

timmyshoota
09-17-2006, 06:20 PM
Simple question: If the player makes the gun, why did you buy an Etek?

hXc drummer23
09-17-2006, 07:20 PM
Well I didnt mean for this to be a flame thread. I just wanted everyone to discuss the difference between low end and high end guns.

adriann222
09-18-2006, 05:29 AM
I think this thread is a good example of the human's brain inability to focus on a single topic of an extended period of time.

I'm honestly suprised that we got to the fourth page before the topic changed. :P

chubb0rz
09-18-2006, 06:50 AM
I think all points have been made.