PDA

View Full Version : Xball format pump tourney?

QAZ123
01-09-2006, 05:57 AM
Alright well I guess Total Grief is hosting a 6-8 series pump tourney in St. Louis that I'm going to take part in! Well the catch is that it is Xball format and I have no clue what format that is! Can somebody enlighten me? I'm thinking you have to hang the flag as many times as you can in a 20 minute half game or something like that! Sound's like it's gonna be extremely fast paced which is exactly what I'm looking for!:D

If anybody can do a quick rundown on the style of play that would be great!

JB.

geeZus
01-09-2006, 06:18 AM
Here is the way D1 X-ball is.

2 16 minute halves. Score as many points as you can in those 16 minutes. There is a 2 minute break between points.

I think this is a horrible format for pump, honestly.

X-ball is suppossed to be fast paced, but at World Cup it hardly was. It was mostly just shooting lanes, like a 5 man game.

QAZ123
01-09-2006, 06:22 AM
It sound's interesting. I'm going there for just a round robin tourney Feb 18th I'll talk to them about it.

I think your right about it not being suited for pump now that I think about it. In pump play literally everybody off the break is on top of each other at the 40's and 50's and the games don't even last a minute. I consider myself in great shape but two 16 minute halves of that of games under a minute!!!!!!! That's rough but meh we'll see!

JB.