PDA

View Full Version : Game Ideas?

rodeoshooter
09-05-2006, 06:27 AM
Twice a year I play in a large woodsball tourney/war. Its an all day event with 5 games, 40 guys to a team, 90 acres of timbered ground at our disposal (and we use it all for capture the flag!). I'm looking for new game ideas for this event. Currently we do capture the flag, a prisoner rescue game, a storm the hill game, British walk of death, and the 5th is up for discussion. Any and all ideas are welcome! Thanks.

rodeoshooter
09-07-2006, 05:21 AM
Hmmmm, okay, thanks. Maybe this is in the wrong place. Anyway, I've looked on various paintball sites, but nothing is jumping out at me as a particularly original game that isn't a variation of what we already do. I'm sure we'll come up with something.

bamf-hacker
09-07-2006, 06:27 AM
Pick up a book called "The Complete Guide to Paintball"

It has an entire section on game types and rules.

That might give you some ideas.

rodeoshooter
09-07-2006, 06:42 AM
Thanks, man....I'll look for it. Its probably got the same stuff in it that the various websites have though. The games there are somewhat vanilla and aren't geared to the kind of space we have at our disposal. I was hoping to get some ideas here that were a bit more original.

bamf-hacker
09-07-2006, 06:49 AM
Well in that case you could always do a 79 to 1 game and call it Rambo Paintball :)

Of course the 1 would need to win every game to make it realistic

shunut
09-07-2006, 09:04 AM
I'm not sure the rules of the games you already play but at a field I use to go to we played a couple "Scenario" type games.

1. Secret Service. One person is chosen to be President, he does not get a gun. He then chooses his Secret Service detail. When we use to play usually there would be 20-25 people there so he got to choose 5-6 people. They are then allowed to go out on to the field and have 5 minutes to formulate a plan of action to get the President to safety. There would be an agreed upon safety point the President had to get to, usually the entrance/exit to the field. After 5 minutes the remaining players were released to the field to try to assassinate the President.

2. The Alamo - Same field. There was a "Fort" in the middle of the field, fairly big. They would split up the teams and one team would go into the fort. The team that was in the fort could not leave. The opposing team then had to try to take over the fort.

3. Doubles - We would pair up. Each team was give a different color flag. Everybody went out onto the field and found a starting place. Object was you tried to take out a team. If you did you then had to get to where they were and take their flag. If you take someone out and another team beats you to the flag its theirs, so once a team is out the flag is up for grabs. The team that gets all the flags or the team with the most flags after 15 minutes wins. Say both you and your teammate are taken out but nobody comes and gets your flag, if the ref yells "Wounded, Still Alive" (something like that). You got to start playing again.

Couple ideas, if I remember anymore I'll let you know.

rodeoshooter
09-07-2006, 10:25 AM
Thanks guys. I don't know about the Rambo game :rolleyes: , but the secret service sounds interesting. Could be done with each team choosing a "president" and having to get him to a designated location before the other team does. You're then hunting and protecting at the same time.

We already do an Alamo type game.....one team occupies a natural dam at the end of the lake, and the other has to take it over (capture a flag in the middle). It's timed, and we alternate being the "stormees" and the "stormers". The team that accomplishes it the fastest wins.

How about a scavenger hunt game? Several objects are hidden about the grounds....the team that comes back with the most wins? It would have to be the first game of the day, and the objects would have to be hidden by a neutral party in advance. Hmmmmm......

shunut
09-07-2006, 10:35 AM
Never played a game like that but it would be interesting to do a scavenger hunt on the field. The doubles game you could do with more than 2 people, make like 4-5 person teams and play that way.

Jimmyd24
09-10-2006, 05:39 PM
this would be pretty hard to do with that many peopole but u could give it a try
i think its called virus
u start off with everyman for himself, but as soon as u get shot by someone u then become on their team, so basically it ends when everyone is on one team, it can go back and forth for hours opon end, its pretty fun

Nenkitsune
09-10-2006, 08:33 PM
that would be an awesome game when you have like 50+ people playing