PDA

View Full Version : T-Board install in Pilot ACS

mullannix930
09-04-2006, 02:24 PM
I have been tossing the Idea of changing to a T-Board for my mostly stock ACS. I have heard several great things about the T-Board, but I have also heard that the charger plug is not in the same spot and that you have to drill for it. Also the membrane switch I have heard about, is it for eyes or something else? Do the boards come with a default mode (in case I mess up a setting)?

I don't know if I am going to upgrade yet but I am after all the info I can get.

shunut
09-04-2006, 06:50 PM
All the T Boards I've seen have the recharger connection in the right spot. There are default settings but they don't work very well. The biggest selling point of the T Board is that it adds eyes to your gun. In order to install it, if you want eyes, you would have to drill for eyes, drill and tap a hole for eye covers and mill the frame for the eye wires.

Sandman_Bravo
09-06-2006, 05:18 PM
Imho, the time and money you would invest in it might be better put towards another marker that already has eyes. The stock pilot board is fine.

vwjimmy
09-06-2006, 05:47 PM
T Board charge ports do not line up with the Pilot ACS. Kingman lowered the port on the CAMD II boards. The Fenix frame has an elongated hole that will accomidate either but the Pilot doesn't. I run a regular 9v in my t boarded Pilot without problems. (Damon at SD said a 9v is fine) The membrane pad is available for the new VerC board. It basically is a set of buttons that stick to the back of the frame and make adjusting the board easier. They call it a membrane because it is paper thin. Unless you are installing eyes, your CAMD II board is going to be the best for you. It is capped at 20bps semi and that is awesome! Good luck! :)

Total90Oliver
09-06-2006, 07:12 PM
yea 9voltz are good but get duracell or energizer or a brand that specializes in batteries, they work more effectively and consistently.