PDA

View Full Version : Issue with new loader

UrielSynthesis
09-04-2006, 10:21 AM
Hi, im new to paintball so please excuse my lack of knowledge on this subject.

I purchased an MR2 recently, and just got an Empire Reloader to use with it. When i test it out on Full Aut though, i have to recock the gun after a second or two of sustained fire. I am also getting quite a bit of dry fires. When i disconnect the loader and do sustained dry firing, i have no problems whatsoever and dont have to recock, so this gun has some sort of problem with loading and firing paint with this hopper. I checked the chamber to see if the feedneck screws were too long (i have read of this being a problem). I see nothing at all sticking into the chamber, but the bolt seems to have jagged grooves on the top and side, approximately where the screw holes are. This looked like an issue, but again i see nothing protruding into the chamber so im not sure. Also, i dont know if that would cause me to only have a problem when firing paint, because it sounds like something that would be problematic with dry firing too. Ive looked at most of the parts that i am able to remove and dont see anything else that would cause this. Does anyone have any ideas?

thanks in advance.

Graffiti
09-04-2006, 11:06 AM
Sounds like you are out shooting your hopper to me, What type of Empire hopper do you have? Reloader B feeds approx 25 bps, Reloader II 12 bps. check your marker speed vs hopper speed, that is what I would do first

UrielSynthesis
09-04-2006, 12:32 PM
I am using the plain Empire Reloader, which supposedly does 15bps. I heard the full-auto on the mr2 is capped at about 13bps. The manual says to use one that can do 13.

Voodoo27909
09-04-2006, 03:28 PM
The reason you are having to re-cock the bolt is because it is designed to act that way when it feels any sort of resistance (IE..you are choppping a paintball). The reason you are chopping a paintball is because you are out-shooting the hopper. This is a comman problem with the MR2. If you are curious about what other owners have done to correct the issue, there are plenty of threads in this forum about the same problem. Most have purchased hoppers that are capable of faster feeding...while others have dis-abled the spring in the bolt and made it act like a solid, standard bolt (non-antichop) for various reasons. For your issue, I dont believe disabling the antichop is the right thing to do...as that will only allow the bolt to go ahead and break the paintball, and once you break paint in the MR2...your going to have to break it down and clean it (I have NEVER been successfull at trying to clear the paint on an MR2 by shooting thru it after a break.).

Now comes the question I have to ask.....Did you break in the bolt correctly?

Im certain yours is an issue with the load rate of the hopper, however. Hope this answers some of your questions.

UrielSynthesis
09-04-2006, 03:39 PM
I have fired about 750 rounds through it so far, mostly in semi-auto before i got the new loader.

The way you describe it it makes sense that its an "out-shooting" issue, which would explain why im getting so many dry-fires at the same time. Are you saying that it uncocks to avoid chopping a ball? It seems depressing that my gun is going to shut itself down everytime i am risking a chop but i guess thats the price i pay for not going with the "eyes" on the mr3.

The grooves that have been cut into my bolt still worry me, though i cant see how they happened.

Maxx-Damage
09-04-2006, 04:01 PM
...Did you break in the bolt correctly?
How do u break in the bolt correctly? ive been having to recock my gun, and thats how i got out all the time cause it didnt fire....:mad:
And sorry if i hijacked ur thread a lil UrielSynthesis

shunut
09-04-2006, 05:40 PM
To break in an ACS bolt put a battle swab in your feedneck and dry fire it about 1000 times.

warhammer72
09-04-2006, 08:16 PM
Try a Vlocity and set it to 4 if you chop a ball set it to 3. Also throw a little oil on the striker o-ring. The scorig at the top of the bolt is normal. I have the MR2 and MR3, before finding the right combination of equipment and settings I chopped about 25-35 balls. Now I dont chop at all unless the batteries in my Vlocity begin to fade.(about 7hrs.of play) One more thing check to make sure your detent is still intact. Have fun!

Jarhead
09-05-2006, 05:22 AM
They are correct, I have had the same problem with my Richochet Hopper. I just bought a Halo B w rip drive and V35 board and I can't wait to get it out now.
I have fired around 4000 rounds and still had the recocking problem when firing full auto.

UrielSynthesis
09-05-2006, 09:20 AM
I went back to the store that I bought the lader and the marker at. A different guy was working and he told me that the Empire Reloader wouldnt cut it. He explained that its still a gravity hopper, and just agitates balls into the feedneck. he said it does 13 balls per second, period, and apparently even though the MR2's manual says to get a feeder that will do 13 bps (and ive read that the full-auto on the MR2 is factory set to do 13bps), apparently that isnt enough. I cannot return the feeder, even though A.) its clean with all the original packaging and receipt B.) i only bought it Friday, and C.) one of his employees told me it would work fine for what i needed. ....... So it looks like im just going to have to save mymoney and buy an egg (they dont carry the Halo B).

I also found out that i had set my velocity too high. Out-of-the-box my gun seemed to be shooting WAY too fast, although i couldnt chrono it. Since the adjuster was set all the way "out", i screwed it in a turn. Apparently screwing it in is what increases velocity, so my gun is going to have too-high velocity even if i set it all the way down? that doesnt make sense to me.

Jarhead
09-05-2006, 09:31 AM
I went back to the store that I bought the lader and the marker at. A different guy was working and he told me that the Empire Reloader wouldnt cut it. He explained that its still a gravity hopper, and just agitates balls into the feedneck. he said it does 13 balls per second, period, and apparently even though the MR2's manual says to get a feeder that will do 13 bps (and ive read that the full-auto on the MR2 is factory set to do 13bps), apparently that isnt enough. I cannot return the feeder, even though A.) its clean with all the original packaging and receipt B.) i only bought it Friday, and C.) one of his employees told me it would work fine for what i needed. ....... So it looks like im just going to have to save mymoney and buy an egg (they dont carry the Halo B).

I also found out that i had set my velocity too high. Out-of-the-box my gun seemed to be shooting WAY too fast, although i couldnt chrono it. Since the adjuster was set all the way "out", i screwed it in a turn. Apparently screwing it in is what increases velocity, so my gun is going to have too-high velocity even if i set it all the way down? that doesnt make sense to me.

A couple of things I found out from customer service. Even though the loader is rated for 13BPS, there is still the issue of blow back on hoppers that are not force fed. So that is causing the problems.

Secondly, How do you know your velocity is off without a Chrono? Just asking, I thought mine was to high but when I chrono'd it it was at 275fps and I just left it alone.

UrielSynthesis
09-05-2006, 09:47 AM
Well i cant confirm that its off of course, but from the way they are hitting, the range, the mark it left on my friend's back (it was his initiation) and the opinions of a couple of other folks who fired it have made me think it is. I have read that other people have had velocities of over 300fps out of the box. Regardless of the exact speed, i know that this thing should be lower if this adjuster is screwed all the way out.

wylde01
09-05-2006, 06:49 PM
i know what your talking about here. when i bought mine, out of the box it was shooting at around 310 fps, and back in june i had to screw it completely out to get it down to around 280-285 fps. i dont know what happened to make it go down but the only thing i can think of is that it worked itself down after a few months of play with it(correct me if im wrong).
by the way.....if you want a good hopper to use on your mr2 i would consider going with the empire reloader b (shoots around 25 bps). just save up some money and that would be the best way to go IMO. i have not had a prob. with my gun and ive used the reloader b on it since the first time i shot the gun.

Voodoo27909
09-06-2006, 12:29 AM
Geez...I could understand maybe a restocking fee on the return of the hopper issue...MAYBE (I feel as you prbly do that you were misled into buying it)...but to simply say "NO!" is alittle outrageous considering the circumstances. Id ask to speak with the owner, and if HE did not recognize that they created the problem to start with (perhaps)...then I would never walk thru the front door of THAT shop ever again, likewise telling everyone I knew how I was treated there. The very least they could do is give you some sort of trade in value on the "like new, never used" hopper you wish to return...toward a much more expensive upgraded hopper. Im not sure of your age...but if you are under 18, perhaps the presence of an adult to plead your case at the shop would be in order? Its obvious that your not trying to get away with anything since you are going for the more expensive hopper in the end.............................................Ju st my thoughts.

P.S.- You more than likely could get most of your money back by selling the hopper to another player, as a last resort type of thing. Hoppers tend to hold their value pretty well at re-sale.

Good luck, hope everything work out in your favor

UrielSynthesis
09-06-2006, 08:29 AM
He is the owner. Whats really strange about it is that when i first started paintball he gave me a great deal. I got a Spyder Aggressor XT, hopper, 12oz CO2, three-pod pack, squeegee, gloves, mask, and a case of paint for 120 bucks. Now he doesnt give a @#$%. Go figure. I dont think anyone i know is going to want the reloader....the guys who have basic semi-auto guns (the market for this loader apparently) would rather spend their money on their next gun.

I dont think either of the local stores stock the Reloader b. How does it compare to an egg? Thats what im planning on getting friday, paycheck permitting.