PDA

View Full Version : Otter SC you did it again.

BlackHawk
09-02-2006, 06:48 PM
After reading you articles and comments on Spyder tech tips. i decide to take my Xtra apart and go thru it with a fine tooth comb. i took the bottomline adapter off and the so called expansion chamber off the thought about drilling out the ports, but after looking at the little line connecting them i thought, that won't gain much. so i set them aside for further thought, and started to slick the internals. Man what a difference that made.... it is slicker than my Pilot ACS now. Smooth as a baby's butt....i am glad i read the comments. now all i got to do is decide what other improvements i want to do to this gun. i am leaning towards a Freak BBl. so i can match my BBL size to the paint sizes. and maybe a different hopper. but what seems to stick in my head for this gun is a Delrin Bolt, since the alum bolt has a couple of scratches on the top of it. it was a used gun when i bought it. so no telling when the bolt got scratched and how well the previous owner took care of it.
Key word scratched. oh well nothing like a new toy with spend money on....
all this is temping me to take the Pilot ACS apart and perfume it.... :) surely it couldn't hurt it none....
also did the same things to my sons VL Lancer, what a difference that made, totally different gun now.... but still a 50.00 gun from Walmart. But a real smooth one now.... Thanks for all the info. You da Man.

DRAGON
09-02-2006, 07:54 PM
Who's Odder? - :confused:

BlackHawk
09-02-2006, 08:21 PM
scratching head wondering where he asked "who is odder" even came from ?

Hossy
09-02-2006, 08:21 PM
odder, otter, sounds the same.......

BlackHawk
09-02-2006, 08:26 PM
OK i guess the joke is on me, seems to me that OtterSC is the dude that is the adminstrator of this forum and also has a web page that has more information on Spyders than anywhere around.

shunut
09-02-2006, 09:09 PM
Yes, Otter's site is the spyder bible. He had modded more spyders than everyone on this forum combined.

vwjimmy
09-03-2006, 07:06 AM
Yea, Otter is the man!
Follow this link to help Otter keep his site up for everyone!
Otter Bubbles!
(http://www.ottersccustoms.com/help-2.html)

BlackHawk
09-03-2006, 11:09 AM
Yep it is the same train of thought i have used on my rifles and shotguns for years. slick them they function better. so yep i tried it on two manual guns the other night and yep it worked great. now to move on to bigger and better upgrades....

Mike

calebh
09-03-2006, 11:13 AM
the scratches on the bolt are normal wear and tear most likely. going back and forth past the feedneck opening will do that. but a delrin bolt is still a good upgrade

BlackHawk
09-04-2006, 08:40 PM
OK removed the Venturi and shot the gun. without a crono i can't tell if any of the mods helped in speed. but it is louder, smoother, seems faster, the venturi was easy to get out.

Thanks

Cabroncito
11-13-2006, 02:59 PM
it took me a while to take mine out, of course that's because i was trying to pull the darn thing instead of unscrew it. pretty smart huh? hopefully it wont take nearly as long on my second marker.

PumaPride04
11-13-2006, 03:40 PM
dude me 2 i broke like 2 plyer tryin to get it out

Hob Hayward
11-13-2006, 04:20 PM
I had to make a special tool to get my friends out, mine wasn't locktited in though, so it was easy to get out... His was like red lock tite to the extreme, we had a blowtorch going on it the whole time, and it was still difficult to get out...

Cabroncito
11-18-2006, 08:40 AM
Yeah i went to a few different hardware stores looking for actual needle nose pliers (not long nose) but nobody makes them anymore. But this guy at one place recommended I use Hemostats which are like mini surgical looking pliers. I just clamped two of them onto the venturi and twisted it until I was able to take it out.