PDA

View Full Version : Rocking Trigger ?

BlackHawk
09-02-2006, 11:54 AM
has anyone bought the rocking trigger and installed it on your Pilot ACS ?
and changed the expansion chamber out for a regulator ?

Comments ? Thoughts ? :confused:

pb34
09-02-2006, 02:52 PM
I bought a rocking trigger for my pilot acs. I personally like the feel of the rocking trigger but its all personal preference. If your asking if it fits, it fits perfectly. IMO you might be best off buying a different trigger and getting a tboard. Hope this helps a little.

BlackHawk
09-02-2006, 06:21 PM
PB34 ! ! ! thanks for the reply. i am just trying to figure a easy way to upgrade the Pilot ACS to what i kinda want. i think. right now i am studying on a BBL Upgrade, like maybe a Freak with inserts, so i can match the paint at different fields to the bbl size for more accuracy. and thinking using semi more to lessen the amount of paint i shoot. but that train of thought blows the rocking trigger out of the water. guess i need to leave well enough alone. i like the gun i have, i have Pilot ACS i put a Evolution II Hopper on it, and a Smart Parts Progressive bbl on it and as long as i shoot Nightmare paint. it shoots good but, Ramp don't even touch the sides as it free falls thru the bbl.
so maybe my best bet is the freak bbl kit and just enjoy.... Huh...

pb34
09-02-2006, 06:39 PM
The freak barrel kit is a great option since you can change paint all you want and since if you get a new gun all you have to do is change the back. Depending on how much money you want to spend you might want to also think about getting a VA and Reg. Depending on what your using it will make Co2 more consistant and eliminate spikes and it will give you more control over HPA. Also have you gotten a clamping feedneck or are you still using the plastic elbow? The clamping feedneck will lower your hopper and is stronger than the elbow. Hope this makes your choice a little easier.

BlackHawk
09-02-2006, 08:37 PM
so far still have the clear screw clamp feed neck that came with it. seem ok.
after reading a article on spyder mods, on the OtterSccustoms web site i wonder about changing the VA. have you sized the braided line that feeds it. it is very small less than 1/8". so what is the gain if you can't increase all the air volume ? i thought about drilling out the bottomline and VA to 3/16" like in the article to increase the volume of air to the valve and bolt, but since the braided line is so small i don't see any gains ? is there bigger air lines available ?

Total90Oliver
09-02-2006, 10:52 PM
to change the reg on the pilot acs u need a whole new assault block or va, i like the 15* assault block, includes: lpc,va, and gauge.

Baozer
09-03-2006, 04:01 AM
rocking triggers are awesome ^_^ and better then the eblades cause eblades cost 400 dollars!!! AHHHH >.<

mr1man
09-03-2006, 06:25 AM
i wouldn't go with a frame, just get a trigger

vwjimmy
09-03-2006, 07:22 AM
The line isen't the restriction...its the vertical adapter (v/a)
Yours is a unique to Kingman design and needs to be changed if you want to use standard ASA threaded expansion chambers and/or regulators.
A metal feedneck will protect your hopper from damage if and when the plastic one breaks....
If you go with a new trigger on your ESP frame, you can learn to 'walk' the trigger like pros do. IMHO that is better than getting a rocking trigger.
The Spyder of the Month this month is a Pilot...check it out in 'Polls' and see what yours could look like with modification. :)

BlackHawk
09-03-2006, 10:55 AM
OK lets say i drill or replace the VA, and inlet, and put on a good regulator. that thought is an easy sell anyway. but what i am confused on. is that all that is no good if you can't get the air from the tank to the Regulator in the first place. the dia of the sst braided hose is too small to allow the volume that the VA / Reg can use or handle ? at least in my mind. it is the garden hose effect. you can only cram so much air in a given space. volume increases are a good thing i don't denie that, i want that. but those little hoses can't move as much air as we can allow the VA / Reg / Valve and Bolt needs ?

Learn Me ?

i see your point but i am stumbling with the supply of air. ya see what i mean ?

BlackHawk
09-03-2006, 11:05 AM
i am an Aircraft Technical Inspector at Army Aviation Support Facility #1, Smyrna,TN. i used to be the engine mech before i became a TI. i used to make up lines, so with that thought in mind. What would be wrong with a bigger volume supply line from the Bottomline to the regulator, i can make a either alum or stainless line with a bigger inside dia, than the present 1/16" line Kingman puts on these guns. "more Volume" more punch right ?
anytime you increase volume in a clyinder the pressure goes down for a given amount of air supplied. But once that volume space is filled, the tank pressure being the same, i should have the same pressure on the input side of the regulator. then tuning the output to 800 the Pilot should work like it was designed too and a lot more consistent than without the regulator. might look a little funny with a hard line instead of flex, but then again it might look trick, depends on me. " Right " ? ? ?

vwjimmy
09-03-2006, 07:36 PM
Opening up the markers air passages after the reg increases efficency and allows lower pressure operation. As for more 'punch'..well, you aren't going to shoot at anybody at more than 285fps so having a marker that will shoot 500fps will do you no good on the field. The ID (inside diameter) of your steel flex will supply the regulator with an ample supply of both pressure and volume for it to operate properly at both high and low pressures. An HPA tank holds at least 3000psi when full. Most high end markers operate at less than 300psi, use the same ID hose, and acheive phenominal rates of fire at the allowed 285fps. You can supply your regulator with as much volume as you like, but your marker will still operate the same in a game situation. Air efficency is more the reason for increased air flow inside the marker...supply will not be an issue. :)

BlackHawk
09-04-2006, 07:17 AM
didn't think about it like that, true the high end markers use the same hoses. OK point made and taken. Thanks for opening my eyes.

BlackHawk
09-04-2006, 07:19 AM
How old you got to be to be in the Old Fart Club.... i'm over the hill