PDA

View Full Version : yes im thinking about purchasing this gun but....

drummer and paintballer
09-01-2006, 09:44 PM
i dont know if i should buythis gun is their really a big difference or the only thing is that it has the rocking triger or should i just buy the triger for my e99 because my gun is really custom staright out because if u were to see it u woulnt even know its e99

Cyalume
09-02-2006, 03:47 PM
If your guns really custom, why consider paying $250 for the new Electra thats gonna need a few more mods itself, rather than just paying $100 or so for the rocking trigger frame? The new Electras a great gun, I love mine... but if youve got tons invested in the e99, I wouldnt bother, unless youre just getting tired it.

rafb86
09-02-2006, 05:33 PM
i also think you should by the 06 electra if you are geting sick of the e99 , and most spyder parts are interchangable so u could just put some of your e99 upgrades on the electra. i think you should go for the electra because it has eyes , unless you have lots of ups on the e99

Cyalume
09-02-2006, 05:42 PM
Keep in mind that your bolt wont interchange, and that if you have a T Board, it wont work in the 06 yet either. They supposedly are working on a 'wiring adapter' for the verC board, but youll need to use the Dye membrane pad. To me, personally, thats a junk way of making it work in the marker. I wish ScenarioDreams would modify their boards and put the buttons on the actual board like the stock 06 board. Thats much more professional to me, but they didnt really ask...

Jimmyd24
09-02-2006, 10:08 PM
get a promaster or ion

shunut
09-02-2006, 10:13 PM
I have an Ego and of course my Spimmy. The last time I was at the field this kid had the brand new electra. It was 100% stock and he out shot all the ions. I was very impressed by it. It didn't keep up with either of my guns but it was very fast and very consistant.

Cyalume
09-03-2006, 06:47 AM
Did you mean the 06 couldnt keep up with your e99? If it cant, I think you answered you own question about keeping yours. Also, youre complimenting its consistancy, does that mean your gun isnt reliable 100% of the time? If it isnt, and you like the 06, just get it. If not, I wouldnt keep going back and forth on this. Unless you have the money just laying around to get the 06, Id keep what youve got. You sound like you enjoy the e99.

rafb86
09-03-2006, 02:58 PM
Did you mean the 06 couldnt keep up with your e99? If it cant, I think you answered you own question about keeping yours. Also, youre complimenting its consistancy, does that mean your gun isnt reliable 100% of the time? If it isnt, and you like the 06, just get it. If not, I wouldnt keep going back and forth on this. Unless you have the money just laying around to get the 06, Id keep what youve got. You sound like you enjoy the e99.

cyalume your talking to the wrong guy lol , shnut doesnt have the e99 he was just saying that he was impressed with the electra

Cyalume
09-03-2006, 07:20 PM
Hmm... good observation :P wish Id made it!

Graffiti
09-03-2006, 07:37 PM
I have the 06 electra with eyes, preordered it and waited several months to get one of the first ones out. It was advertised with adustable rate of fire, 3 and 6 round burst and full auto. It came with no adjustable rate, and semi and full auto only. (poor form by Spyder in my opinion) I had some initial problems with breaks which made the eyes useless, Works pretty good now after some fine adjusting. If I had it all over to do again I would just add a rocker trigger to my other Spyder marker

Cyalume
09-03-2006, 07:41 PM
I couldnt be happier with mine. Its been nothing but great for me.

Graffiti
09-03-2006, 07:45 PM
I think I just got a bad taste when It did not come as advertised after waiting several months for it. Although the 3 and 6 round burst is not needed I liked the option. Do you know of a way to adjust the rate of fire? So can use a 12 bps hopper with it?

Cyalume
09-03-2006, 07:48 PM
I dont think there isnt a way to change it. With the eyes on, it shouldnt matter how fast your hopper is, since the gun wont fire without a ball loaded.

Graffiti
09-03-2006, 07:59 PM
I was getting some chopping even with the eyes on

Got some advice from others of possible problems why

they said;

1. Outshooting your hopper. Fix: Get a faster hopper.
2. Mad bouncing on the trigger, I did this with my egg and chopped. Fix: Adjust trigger sensitivity.
3. You got a lemon. Fix: Warrenty comes in handy.

I am doing 1 and 2 and seemed to fix it. I'm pretty happy with it now, marker looks great, rocker trigger is real fast as you know and I can get alot of play on a air tank. I think it was the not getting what was advertised syndrome that left me less enthusiastic

Cyalume
09-03-2006, 08:03 PM
What PSI do you run at? Are you using a spring kit? With the eyes on, you shouldnt chop. Period. The gun needs to be no higher than 500psi, and if youre using a heavier spring, that could explain it. Also, if you dont have a spring kit, get one, and run the lighter main spring. That would probably help more than anything else. But if your pressure is high, Ill bet thats the root of the chopping issue.

shunut
09-03-2006, 08:06 PM
Not true, you can chop if you have eyes. Eyes help to not chop but its still possible. A heavy spring and your operating pressure usually have nothing to do with chopping unless you are having a bad blow back problem. I have a stock shutter operates at 800 psi and never chops, no eyes, no ACS bolt, no upgrades. High pressure does not cause chops.

Cyalume
09-03-2006, 08:10 PM
It will in an 06, its meant to run at 500 or lower. Trust me, I had the problem with mine. I was running higher, and making it fire the gun twice or more for every one trigger pull, causing it to chop. And I know the eyes only help chops, but statistically it might chop a time or two for every case with the eyes on, probably not even that much. Ive had 4 or 5 cases through mine, and never chopped with the eyes on once I got the gun dialed in. And one time while messing around with the springs, with the heavy main spring in, firing pretty fast, I had it chop twice.

Graffiti
09-03-2006, 08:18 PM
I think it was the mad bouncing because when I adjusted it so I had to do more than breath on it it seems to be working well now. My pressure is in the green on the gauge and I am using the stock spring and I get 290 fps on a chrono real consistant. When I tried to adjust lowere and use spring kits it went to full auto at times and I had to stop by grabbing the bolt. So I went to the normal and stopped playing with it because it works well now

Cyalume
09-03-2006, 08:22 PM
If you had to grab the bolt, you need to up the pressure up about 25 to 50 psi. It was too low to let it recock itself. To lower the psi much below 350 or so, youll need to change the valve spring. Most people use a soft valve spring so it allows more air in, while using the stock or heavy main spring. Ive not got mine to a chrono yet, so I cant give you my setup. I just put a bandit valve in, and Im gonna get a bolt with orings to drop mine down to around 300psi. Ill let you know my setup once I get it chrono'd in.

Graffiti
09-04-2006, 09:19 AM
Thanks for the advice, I put a soft valve spring and put in a heavy main, I dropped the pressure down to just a hair below 400, left the main spring adjust the same (almost all the way in) and the chrono was 340, ajusted the main spring to a reasonable position maybe 3 turns in and it Chrono at 292-296, AMAZING and I can't beleive how quiet it is when I fire it. fully auto, fast as I can go semi with rocker trigger, using a 12 bps hopper and no chops. This Marker Rocks now! Thanks again for the advice