PDA

View Full Version : Smartparts Progressive Barrel

Backmanshooter
09-01-2006, 10:03 AM
~*My post was edited because I didn't write a proper review. Don't let it happen to you*~

Spyder_Tech22
09-01-2006, 03:48 PM
I personally dont like it. It doesnt shoot through breaks good, and it doesnt shoot accurate. The first day I got it I was very disappointed, It shot good for about a hopper than the accuracy started depleating and the paintball were going every where. I dont really play much with it because anytime I do I cant hit anyone. I suggest you just start out by buying a Cp 1 peice or JJ ceramic.

vwjimmy
09-02-2006, 05:32 AM
I love my Progressive. It is simply the best barrel in its price point.
I am running it on a Fenix with T board and eyes. After trying several barrels on it, I found that the 14" Progressive was by far the most accurate of the following: 32* Whisper and Teardrop, Stock 2 Piece Fenix, and a J&J Ceramic. My Fenix runs at full pressure (850 psi). With the T-Board, breakbeam eyes, and a FBM trigger, it is capable of well over 13bps. At that firing rate, the Progressive remained more accurate and clean than any other mentioned. I have had a few barrel breaks, but they quickly swabbed out and I attributed them to cycle rate and cheap paint. I actually had less breaks than with both 32* barrels! The Progressive is very forgiving with paint size and tempature. I am an old man and ocassionally jam by barrel tip into the ground when diving, the Progressive has put up with that kind of abuse very well too! The anno is super durable. (mine is black). As far as Spyder barrels go, I give the Progressive 9 out of 10...only holding a point for the lack of bore sizing options.
vwjimmy
PS Sorry Josh....hope this is better!

shunut
09-02-2006, 05:43 AM
Even with its small price tag, I have grown to like this barrel. I have had it for 2 years now and it has been through brutal playing conditions. Even so, it stays scratch free inside, and spotless. I have a 16'', its a wee bit long, but it shoots straight and long. I will give it a 9/10.

Its ight. I prefer my 12" boomy though. Pretty good accuracy for 12".

I personally dont like it. It doesnt shoot through breaks good, and it doesnt shoot accurate.

I love my Progressive. It is simply the best barrel in its price point. /post

Everyone above needs to go back and read the rules of the Member Review section, we added a couple things. Reviews need to be a little bit more in depth than this. So either give us more details about your experiences with SP Progressive Barrels or delete your post.

ross * pilot
09-02-2006, 01:19 PM
Even with its small price tag, I have grown to like this barrel. I have had it for 2 years now and it has been through brutal playing conditions. Even so, it stays scratch free inside, and spotless. I have a 16'', its a wee bit long, but it shoots straight and long. I will give it a 9/10.

can do,

WELL, when i first played with this barrel, i thought it would be not that great. Ive heard reviews from my friends that its a pretty cheap barrel and doesnt preform well. I said the heck with it and tried it out one game. I saw instant improvement from my stock barrel, with increased range and accuracy, plus it was much quieter. I didnt have any ball breaks and i was completely satisfied. An ever greater advantage would be LP. It would further more reduce ball breaks and make your gun even more quieter. I would definitely reccomend this barrel because of its price tag, range, accuraccy, and quietness.

~*Sorry ross, I merged your post together and it put them at the bottom. For the record, ross was the originator of this thread*~

Kenny_McCormic
05-16-2007, 05:57 PM
is there any differance between the 05 and 06 model besides the external milling?