PDA

View Full Version : high end

yamaha cow
08-31-2006, 01:54 PM
i have gone high end i bought an ion i still love spyders but i love my ion. i know alot of u have something better but its my first high end gun, i fell in love when i first shot it a the field i play at. why did u guys get your high end guns.

splaturout
08-31-2006, 01:55 PM
did you just use high end and Ion in the same sentence? :dodgy:

Hossy
08-31-2006, 01:58 PM
we got high end guns cause we need them to stay and play with the competition.

ion isnt really a high end gun...

twotoneman
08-31-2006, 02:27 PM
Ion = Crappy mag copy.

Hossy's DM4 = Priceless

Jimmyd24
08-31-2006, 03:07 PM
wow u guys sure are shooty him down

hey yamaha cow, congrats to you and the people that dont have 400+ to spend on new dm5 or shocker

im thinking bout switching to high end to, either gonna get a promaster or ion

hope you tear down the competition with ur new gun

Good Luck

vwjimmy
08-31-2006, 03:11 PM
An Ion is a great marker, and it is high end compaired to a stock blowback...
Glad you are happy with your marker!
Better marker have better accuracy, distance, air efficiency, and that is the best reason to get them. The fact that they are cool doesn't hurt either!!!
Plus, your Ion is almost as up-able as a Spyder!!!

twotoneman
08-31-2006, 03:24 PM

hey yamaha cow, congrats to you and the people that dont have 400+ to spend on new dm5 or shocker

Good LuckI wouldn't call a Promaster or Ion "high-end" really the only reason between high-end and low-end is kick,effiancy,and all those little extras.(ramping stock,qevs,other.)

Paintball0308
08-31-2006, 05:22 PM
I would consider both of them high ends because they arent blowbacks. They are the lowest highends or the mid end guns.

twotoneman
08-31-2006, 05:31 PM
I would consider both of them high ends because they arent blowbacks. They are the lowest highends or the mid end guns.I've seen good blowbacks...

colonel_moo
08-31-2006, 05:39 PM
Ion = Crappy mag copy.

Hossy's DM4 = Priceless

yeah, except the ion works nothing like a mag...

they actually work more similar to a DM4 than a mag. ion = spool valve = DM4

splaturout
08-31-2006, 05:44 PM
This was just a joke....He moved up to the next level in his world. To one person Ion is a high end to others a DM is high end and I bet there are people out there who think that a DM is a downgrade. It is all relative. We are in a forum where most people in here have a higher end gun than a spyder or Ion. That is why we said that Ion is not a high end gun. It is all a point of view!

twotoneman
08-31-2006, 05:46 PM
yeah, except the ion works nothing like a mag...

they actually work more similar to a DM4 than a mag. ion = spool valve = DM4That's where you are wrong. It's not a spooly which most think works like a mag.

bamf-hacker
08-31-2006, 05:55 PM
i have gone high end i bought an ion i still love spyders but i love my ion. i know alot of u have something better but its my first high end gun, i fell in love when i first shot it a the field i play at. why did u guys get your high end guns.

Lets get this back on topic fellas...

Glad you got your Ion... Maintain it and you will enjoy it for a long time.

I switched away from my Spyder because there was nothing else I could to it and I like upgrading (if you couldn't tell) So I picked up and Ion for a really good price and started upping all over again.

calebh
08-31-2006, 05:56 PM
what moo said. mags are like so much awesomer than ions. just cuz i have one and happen to love it. and im still not a fan of ramping in any form or fashion. the rampingest of the ramping modes on an ion are straight up dangerous imo. and some moron is using it in a game, because he can.

aside from that, the ion is a decent marker, and can look pretty sweet if you get a decent body. im glad you like it. it is pretty upgradeable, so if you get upgrade fever, go for it.

Hossy
08-31-2006, 06:35 PM
Hossy's DM4 = Priceless

<3

thechubbss12
09-01-2006, 04:31 AM
That's where you are wrong. It's not a spooly which most think works like a mag.

You sir do not know what you are talking about.....

Awesome man... i hope the ion will treat you well.

yamaha cow
09-01-2006, 06:59 AM

Good Luck
thx i guess some most of these guys are all rich ******** so they can think they can boss every body around well meat u on the field.:cussing: but there are alot of nice 1's that appreciat new players i have only benn playing for 3 years unlike your 7-?? what ever. so thx for the good post.

STRIKEFIRST
09-01-2006, 07:17 AM
Congrats on being happy with you new gun.

Guys I think alot of people think anything Electro Pneumatic as high end...and really I cant say that I blame them...as they tweak dwell and what not with electronics...I'm changing springs.

Ace24
09-01-2006, 07:27 AM
I would consider both of them high ends because they arent blowbacks. They are the lowest highends or the mid end guns.
:yeahthat:
So basicly my Spyder is considered "High end" now?

Just take care of your ION. Too many *****y kids out there that don't, and they break down fast if not properly taken care of.

thx i guess some most of these guys are all rich ******** so they can think they can boss every body around well meat u on the field.:cussing: but there are alot of nice 1's that appreciat new players i have only benn playing for 3 years unlike your 7-?? what ever. so thx for the good post.

I've only been playing 4 years... I'm not rich... I also didn't buy a new gun. I have had the same gun for 3 years. I just completely revamped it and its not the same gun anymore. According to some of the posts on here, its considered a "high end" spyder because its Electro Phenumatic.

I just keep saving up with work and buying parts used.

Lets get this back on topic fellas...

Glad you got your Ion... Maintain it and you will enjoy it for a long time.

I switched away from my Spyder because there was nothing else I could to it and I like upgrading (if you couldn't tell) So I picked up and Ion for a really good price and started upping all over again.

I also share your addiction. When I am finished with this Fenix project. I am off to buy a MR1 and make that a project. Hehehe. Either that or I will buy an ION and make it a woodsball/scenario gun. (The lightness is nice although I hate spool valves)

colonel_moo
09-01-2006, 08:42 AM
That's where you are wrong. It's not a spooly which most think works like a mag.

i didnt say it worked exactly the same as a DM, but its more similar in operation to a DM. the only thing keeping it from being considered a spool valve is the fact that the solenoid does not move the bolt forward, which is its only mag-like characteristic.

here, take a look:

Ion animation:
http://www.zdspb.com/media/tech/animations/ion.gif

DM:
http://www.zdspb.com/media/tech/animations/dm4.gif

Mag:
http://www.zdspb.com/media/tech/animations/automag1.gif

Baozer
09-01-2006, 12:57 PM
wow.. that post just taught me so much about the operation of different guns xP when i bought my spyder i thought there was one universal operation used on all guns xPP so i just picked the kewlest gun.. >.> *sigh* i should of gotten an ion or something..

yamaha cow
09-01-2006, 01:21 PM
well i usually by a cheap gun every year because i basiclly just up the barrel bolt hopper and tank is all i do normally. this time was different i just fell in love with the gun during a game i played someone boroed it to me, all my guns are taking careof perfectly i save anough ony every year to take them in and checked over and i buy new orings every year and replace tham before the next season. and even my first gun has no scratches any where. and i only have ever used compresses air. i did alot of research before i started playing.

jpullano
12-19-2006, 07:51 AM
ions are plastic

FredPo
12-19-2006, 07:57 AM
I remember the days when I said I'd never shoot anything but spyders *sighs*. I don't know what happened from there.

Fred

TheRedBarron
12-19-2006, 08:01 AM
ions are plastic
1 post, 1 warning. This is not PBN Posts like that... are not tolerated. 1 more warning and you are out, lets try to make your 2nd post a little more civil.

nbishop66
12-19-2006, 11:56 AM
Congrats on the ION. I owned/still own a Pilot ACS but it can't compare to my ION. Luv my ion, plastic and all.:p Get a QEV (Quick Exhaust Valve), clamping feedneck and a good barrel. I like the lucky or the techt L7 bolts. I have the Lucky. Best move you ever made. But high end? If I had the cash I'd own a shocker.

bigred76
12-19-2006, 01:06 PM
I'd say a new reg for the Ion and a QEV. Both will (amazingly) help with efficiency and recharge (promoting higher ROF). A barrel is also a MUST. The stock one is complete ****. I used mine for 2 days of play, and the only times I got out with my Ion were because I couldn't hit a damn thing I was shooting at (barrel breaks FTMFL... that barrel wont clean itself out like a good one will).

TheRedBarron
12-19-2006, 02:04 PM
I'd say a new reg for the Ion and a QEV. Both will (amazingly) help with efficiency and recharge (promoting higher ROF). A barrel is also a MUST. The stock one is complete ****. I used mine for 2 days of play, and the only times I got out with my Ion were because I couldn't hit a damn thing I was shooting at (barrel breaks FTMFL... that barrel wont clean itself out like a good one will).
The best thing about the Ion is the reg... +/- 4 is not bad at all...

PumaPride04
12-19-2006, 02:16 PM
are are not plastic my friend try to use a dremel on his and broke 5 cutting disks and all were brand new

TheRedBarron
12-19-2006, 02:19 PM
It is a composite..

MVS1
12-19-2006, 03:02 PM

If it's high end to you that's all that really matters. Congrats on the new marker. I myself can't decide b/t an Ion or an Evil Omen 2.0 for my next marker. All of the people that I know with Ions love them. Good Luck.

08Lud08
12-19-2006, 03:26 PM
If it's high end to you that's all that really matters.I would agree with that. Also an ion would be a smarter decision over the omen.

bigred76
12-19-2006, 03:31 PM
Yup. Some people get good regs, some people get bad regs... mine was a bad one... Just use the marker as-is and see what type you got from SP.

Oscum Guy
12-19-2006, 04:15 PM
Just take care of your ION. Too many *****y kids out there that don't, and they break down fast if not properly taken care of.

lmfao. dude i have a friend like that. he broke his ion trying to tale it apart and said that he followed exactly what the directions said.

ions are plastic
just the body kit/cover thing is plastic. also the reg cover. i think. actually pretty sure. well at least the stock one.
the thing i dont like is not the plasticness but the warning on it. idk, i just think it ruins the look of a gun when thay put a warning on the gun.

avantpaintballer99
12-19-2006, 04:20 PM
1 post, 1 warning. This is not PBN Posts like that... are not tolerated. 1 more warning and you are out, lets try to make your 2nd post a little more civil.
what was so wrong with what he said?

thats cool i guess there are some people that like the ion. i tried one out once and its a very terrible gun i thought. and on top of that they look like crap. this goes to show what happens when a good company like smart parts trys to make a lower end gun.

bigred76
12-19-2006, 04:26 PM
You're entitled to your opinion so long as you don't flame... It's simple. You can say you don't like something, but not say "that gun's plastic, it sucks," just out of the blue. You have to have reasons supporting your position, just can't bank on your own opinions formed just by looking at it.

Abe2112
12-19-2006, 04:34 PM
I kind of like ions but I hate it when people get a high end marker and they feel like they are on top of the world so they put down all other markers.

bigred76
12-19-2006, 04:45 PM
Eh, in a sense, those are the true "nubes." They aren't experienced enough to know that there's always a challenge to face and someone better than them, regardless of what marker they have.

fxdbi
12-19-2006, 04:50 PM
See the way I see I am getting a pilot with burst modes and auto for a reason - I have the aim of a one-eye fish looking in a mirror. If I can plop down a few fast fires until I get my two fingers working fast, why not. 13bps in a 10-20ft area gives me better chance to hit than 2-3bps.

That is until I play more and actually develop technique - like aiming. :)

bigred76
12-19-2006, 04:56 PM
Haha, yup. A better barrel also contributes to better accuracy. A stock barrel can only do so much (unless it's the stock barrel of a DM... which is an Ultralight...). To make up for paintball's inaccuracy... quantity always works! :D

08Lud08
12-19-2006, 04:58 PM
I kind of like ions but I hate it when people get a high end marker and they feel like they are on top of the world so they put down all other markers.
There is always one person who hates on everyones guns because they have highend ones. My friend always makes fun of low end guns like spyders because he has a shocker and stops when some one with a spyder gets him out(me).:D

avantpaintballer99
12-19-2006, 05:25 PM
You're entitled to your opinion so long as you don't flame... It's simple. You can say you don't like something, but not say "that gun's plastic, it sucks," just out of the blue. You have to have reasons supporting your position, just can't bank on your own opinions formed just by looking at it.
hey ray charles, if you get some glasses and read what what i typed i said the i have used the gun before, which i have. and it still sucks. so im not "banking" my opinion just off of what the gun looks like

Team Ramrod
12-19-2006, 05:34 PM
hey ray charles, if you get some glasses and read what what i typed i said the i have used the gun before, which i have. and it still sucks. so im not "banking" my opinion just off of what the gun looks like

Hey, Noob, he wasn't referring to you. Red was referring to the other poster that seemed to base his impression of what he heard instead of actual use and experience. And I would lay off the attitude and, from other threads, personal attacks on Red. Were all here to help one another out and don't need that kind of behavior, if you want to flame go back to PBN.

bigred76
12-19-2006, 05:43 PM
Thanks Ramrod, put the words right where I wanted them. It's severly annoying when they don't read what you have said, and only think from their view... :)

Btw Avant, I am not Ray Charles, I'm BigRed. And I am wearing my glasses last time I checked. :confused:

EDIT: Seems like he's banned, let's move back on topic. :)

TheRedBarron
12-19-2006, 05:46 PM
I am Ray Charles, but that is beside the point.

And fellas instead of taking care of things by stooping to his level you are better off hitting the report button.

colonel_moo
12-19-2006, 06:03 PM
has anyone else realized that this thread is 4 months old?

Team Ramrod
12-19-2006, 06:30 PM
apparently not :rolleyes2:

vikingshadow
12-20-2006, 04:41 AM
has anyone else realized that this thread is 4 months old?

Hahaha! I was thinking the same thing!

But, on the topic of people with "high end" guns putting down people with "low end" guns, this problem runs from both ends. It's not JUST the guys with those upper level, more expensive guns doing the trash talking - those guys that get someone out with their spyders ALSO talk as much trash, and a lot of times it's them getting out more often than the guy they just trash talked. Now, I played a lot of pump right before I quit playing and from time to time, I'd get someone out. But more often than not, they'd overwhelm me with paint and I'd get out. Of course, that opened me up to a lot of flaming (I usually owned at my field, but with my other guns, not my pump! :D ) But I felt it inappropriate for me to trash the other guys because I got them out, see what I'm saying here?

I'm not saying this is the case here, but it happens. The BEST solution is to leave each other the crap alone. Who cares who shoots what, so long as you're playing, right?

/4 month thread - sheesh!

MVS1
12-23-2006, 05:35 PM
There's a life lesson in here somewhere...I just can't put my finger on it...oh yeah

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Anonymous