PDA

View Full Version : Official NFL Playoff Thread

03TiburonGT
01-08-2006, 07:32 PM
So the playoffs are underway and the next couple of weeks look like its going to be a fun time. With New England beating Jacksonville, Washington beating Tampa Bay, Pitsburg beating Cinnci (only cuz of Palmer's injury?) and Caronline creaming the Giants; it looks like we're in for a treat this year!

Here's how its shaping up:

New England at Denver
Pittsburg at Indianapolis
Washington at Seattle
Carolina at Chicago

Here are my predictions for the upcomming weeks:

New England beats Denver
Indianapolis beats Pittsburg

Seattle beats Washington
Chicago beats Carolina

then:

New England beats Indianapolis
Seattle beats Chicago

and for the Super Bowl I have to take my hometown boys and say:

New England beats Seattle

What do you think the next couple of weeks will bring??

maximus100389
01-08-2006, 07:47 PM
I agree with all of your prediction, except I'll go with my hometown boys and say:

Seattle owns the **** outa New England:)

ad0131065
01-09-2006, 04:08 AM
WTF, no way Carolinas getting beat!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you see them play yesterday? They totally dominated the Giants, just like they will the Bears.
The Bears will be pwnd!

spyderpaintball
01-09-2006, 04:31 AM
I hate to tell you but I think the Bears will win. Now that the bears have a respectable offense that scraps together points the game will be close and that means that the Defense will rule in Chicago. PLus Carolina in Chicago in Janurary weather will be a factor and the Bears are one of the bet home field teams. Itll be good but I think the Bears will squeak by with a close win.

My Picks

New England/Denver- NE
Indy/Pitt.- Pitt.

Car./Chi- Chi
Sea/Washington- Sea

Divisional

AFC NE/Pitt.- Pitt.
NFC Chi/Sea- Sea

SB- Sea over Pitt.

durrell
01-09-2006, 05:14 AM
I can't see the Bears offense playing even decent against Carolina. If Carolina makes a good defensive gameplan and sticks to it like they did against the Giants, they don't stand a chance. They held Tiki Barbaer to his season low of 41 yards, and then held Eli Manning to 113 yards passing. They shut down NY's rushing and passing offense..if they do that again, to any team..they'll be unstoppable.

bamf-hacker
01-09-2006, 05:21 AM
Don't know... I am a Cowboys fan so I don't particularly like the Skins, but they have been hot and may be on a roll. My .02

HacKeR

shunut
01-09-2006, 05:29 AM
Okay, here is what it looks like. I have 2 scenarios which I will explain.

New England at Denver
Pittsburg at Indianapolis
Washington at Seattle
Carolina at Chicago

Denver over New England
Indy over Pittsburg
Seattle over Washington
Chicago over Carolina

Then:

Indy over Denver
Chicago over Seattle

Superbowl:

Chicago over Indy

Before anybody says anything about my picks, I'm from Chicago, I'm obligated to pick Chicago teams over any other team. If I don't I'll be tortured.

What I really think will happen:

Denver over New England
Indy over Pittsburg
Seattle over Washington
Chicago over Carolina

Then:

Indy over Denver
Seattle over Chicago

Superbowl:

Indy over Seattle

Xecutiv3
01-09-2006, 11:16 AM
I oppose to all of your predictions, the Redskins beat the Seahawks before, and with a 6 win streak, i doubt it will end in the Wild Card
New England v Denver = NE
Pittsburg v Indianapolis = Ind
Washington v Seattle = Wash
Carolina v Chicago = Car (maybe)

NE v Ind = Ind
Wash v Car = (Prolly Car, but I'd to see the Skins in the Bowl)

DJ Katt RMX
01-09-2006, 12:34 PM
carolina- wins it.

they have so many double threats on offense (steve smith is always being double covered, and that mean a man down for foster running down the field)
then they worry about foster, and then delhomme throws it to smith. not to mantion carolinas defense which is absolutly manhandling every offense they are seeing now. and if carolina plays seattle after they beat chicago, thats an easy win on the behalf of carolinas defense alone.

Moe
01-09-2006, 12:40 PM
It is going to be a pheominal playoff season. Im very excited to watch me some good football. Gotta pull for the bears though. They deserve it this year. Even with a piss-poor offense, they have won games. A lot of games. I think they will be able to edge out carolina, but it WILL be a close game. cant wait.

Cham-Pagne
01-09-2006, 12:42 PM
and for the Super Bowl I have to take my hometown boys and say:

New England beats Seattle
I'm gonna have to agree with Tib on this one. I was at the Pats vs. Jaguars game and seeing how they played, we can definetley expect another superbowl vic by the patriots. Peyton Manning will choke in the AFC championship if they win next week.

Xecutiv3
01-09-2006, 01:11 PM
If the Pats win again, i will shoot out my TV screen, (with my paintball gun of course)

mv540
01-09-2006, 02:18 PM
If the Pats win again, i will shoot out my TV screen, (with my paintball gun of course)

yeah!!! i hate the Pats!!! hopefully they will not win:dodgy:

ad0131065
01-09-2006, 03:01 PM
It will be a super bowl rematch Pats vs. Carolina, but this time Carolina wins....the little birdie told me so...

Xecutiv3
01-09-2006, 09:14 PM
That little birdy's WRONG!! Patriots are going to lose to the Colts and never get a chance to see the Super Bowl

ad0131065
01-10-2006, 01:25 PM
I dont know......pats are pretty dominant over the colts....