PDA

View Full Version : Leaky regulator assembly?

Cbass
08-30-2006, 12:59 PM
I can hear it leaking from the assembly, almost from the pressure gauge. I called Kingman about it. They told me to turn down the pressure to around 500 psi and that should fix it. Also, the whole regulator moves a little bit side to side. I was told that this is normal as well.

In the directions, it specifically states that if there is a problem with the regulator, i.e. leaks, to not disassemble it as it will void the warranty. When I told Kingman about that, they said that I can take it apart, and it won't void anything.

Has anyone else has any trouble like this? I just got the marker last week, it's my first one.

Cyalume
08-30-2006, 01:40 PM
You can tighten the regulator up at the small hex screws in the sides of it... thatll help your wobble. That may help your leak as well.

ooglieboogliebob
08-30-2006, 04:22 PM
well then, unscrew the hex screws and check is the o-rings are alright. If not replace them.

Take off the gauge off, then put teflon tape on it.

Take off the steel braided hose and then put teflon tape on that also

Do you know exactly where it's coming from ??

Cyalume
08-30-2006, 06:49 PM
One thing about teflon tape... Dont over do it. Use barely enough to cover the threads, and dont wrap it all the way to the bottom of the threads. Pieces will inevitably come off, and travel through the gun. Ive worked on cars my whole life, and Ive seen more than one engine destroyed because some idiot put way too much teflon around the nitrous line fittings, then a piece coming off, and jamming the nitrous solenoid wide open. One word... boom!

Cbass
08-31-2006, 09:44 AM
At first it was coming from the hose, so I tightened that up. Now it seems to be coming from the gauge. i'll pull that off and put some teflon on it. The guy from Kingman told me that the wobble is normal and once pressurized will go away. Doesn't seem right to me though.

Thanks for the info.

Cyalume
08-31-2006, 10:33 AM
Some wobble, as in very little, is normal. But you can tighten it up with the little hex head screws near the top of the regulator. Try that too.

ooglieboogliebob
08-31-2006, 04:35 PM
Well tell us what happens when you put teflon on it alright ;)

spyderpaintball
08-31-2006, 07:21 PM
If the reg is wobbling when it is degassed than that is normal. It will go away once pressurized.

Teflon tape should fix the gauge leak if it is coming from the the treads. I advocate Locktite though instead of teflon for air parts though.

Cbass
09-01-2006, 10:56 AM
I'll keep you guys updated. Thanks for all the suggestions!

ooglieboogliebob
09-01-2006, 02:15 PM
I advocate Locktite though instead of teflon for air parts though.

Well im assuming your using Loctite 454 and not Locktite. Locktite is a thread locker and not a thread sealant. I'd probably use liquid teflon. Other than that, just stick with teflon tape.

Edit: Another option would be one of the Loctite companies thread sealants.

spyderpaintball
09-01-2006, 03:43 PM
Yah I think your right I dont have a bottle infront of me but you get the idea. I dont like teflon becuase careless use will allow the teflon into the gun. It's more of a problem with high end guns with solenoids than spyders.