PDA

View Full Version : Security on Phones

splaturout
08-30-2006, 05:49 AM
So I just ran across this post on cnn and I am NEVER selling or giving away another cell phone again! I am going to burn them all!!!

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/ptech/08/30/betrayed.byacellphone.ap/index.html

Scary what they can do now!

claustrophobia9
08-30-2006, 12:10 PM
http://amazing1.com/emp.htm

second one down resets microchips such as those on phones (or on paintball boards... you dirty cheater). you can make one that blows them without disassembling the phone for about 20 bucks... the picture really is all there is to it, dont bother with buying the plans.

anyone with a brain knows that "delete" doesnt always mean "delete"

DFSniper
08-31-2006, 12:37 PM
doesnt bother me, im not cheating on anyone... i know this kid that supposedly made an EMP grenade and used in in a scenario game (says thats why he'll never use an electro again)

splaturout
08-31-2006, 12:53 PM
Well my phone has Multi-Million dollar transactions go through it, with accounts, and info that is private. That is not something that I am going to take a chance with. Just not worth it. If cheating is the only thing you have to worry about then forget it...but if money is...you might want to consider who gets your phone.

claustrophobia9
08-31-2006, 05:13 PM
no he was commenting on cheating as in wiping peoples paintball marker boards with the emp device i showed... like at tourneys. wiping a phone is nowhere near cheating, i wipe my flash drives when they "break"

splaturout
08-31-2006, 05:33 PM
ahhhh...that makes sense...how can you make an EMP bomb that would stop electro markers and not do damage to nearby cars cause EVERYONE kicking your butt?

twotoneman
08-31-2006, 07:28 PM
Oh **** i'm breaking all my old phones.

EDIT:....... in half.

calebh
08-31-2006, 07:31 PM
it probly wouldnt be strong enough to reach the parking lot, especailly not at a large scenario game. but you wouldnt be able to make it discriminate between your teams markers and the other teams markers. if all it did was reset the markers, i think it would be ok to use, cuz they would still be useable, just not until the boards rebooted, giving your team a few seconds to make a massive push. well, now that i think about it, rebooting the boards on an electropneumatic, wouldnt that mean the dwell and everything would be off, possibly making a marker shoot hot?

Moe
08-31-2006, 11:08 PM
tahts messed up yo. messed up. iv never sold ofld cellfones. i always break them@ HAHAHA. dig it. just us a phone till its broken and its all gooooooood. dig it.

DFSniper
09-01-2006, 02:02 AM
ahhhh...that makes sense...how can you make an EMP bomb that would stop electro markers and not do damage to nearby cars cause EVERYONE kicking your butt?

dunno, which is why i said supposedly... he said it fried the internals and the hopper. oh, and it was in the woods, so it would have been away from the cars.

and by cheating i did mean cheating on someone... but i hardly use my phone for anything anyway...

claustrophobia9
09-01-2006, 02:41 AM
Oh **** i'm breaking all my old phones.

EDIT:....... in half.
uh... that doesnt get rid of electronic data... even if you break the chip most will still hold info.

the emp shown works for about 3 feet effectivly. the coil is on the - side of the battery so the electrons flow through the coil, creating a magnetic field, then they build up enough to jump the gap and when they jump the electricicty flows through the coil a little faster, fluctuating it and causing a small pulse.

the large emps (7k bucks+) can blow up dynamite from a pretty long range.
emps that can blow an enetire field are so fake, the kid is lying through his teeth, you should have backhanded him when he said it.

even if it did get to cars... just replace the solenoid... :dodgy: :tomcruise:

Paintball0308
09-01-2006, 05:33 PM
I was watching that show about the new weapons on the discovery channel and they had an emp thing that can destroy all electronics in a 50 ft radius. It kills all of the electronics in a 50 ft range.

Also if you were in a tournament and used a weak emp bomb then wouldnt your guns board reset too? It would make no sense to use it if your gun messes up too.

What do emps do cause I thought that they fried the electronics.

claustrophobia9
09-01-2006, 05:43 PM
they arent "bombs" they only have a 3 foot radius and they just "click" the large ones are directional, making them more like a gun... the only real "emp bomb" would involve explosive overpowering of a coil (ie. attach a wire exploder (sold at amazing 1, requires a huge power suply) to an electromagnet and blow up the coil causing a huge electromagnetic disruption). realistically the threat of an emp attack is very minimal due to the amount of protection people dont take into consideration. for example, it is SPECULATED that cars' ecus will blow and the car wont run. the metal exterior actually acts as a faraday(sp) cage and protects the internals from exterior fluctuations, similar to when a car is struck by lightning. most (important) servers like those for banks and the fbi are in large faraday rooms with surge protectors on exterior wires.

IF you were to bring an low-budget-based emp to a paintball event and blow a board you would have to be within tampering range already and theres no way you could get that close while making the clicking noise with a sparker and not be seen and stopped/caught. cheaters look for easy, not complicated.

Paintball0308
09-01-2006, 06:05 PM
Ok I understand. On that show though the army had one that they were testing and they drove a car under it and it killed it. only the lights and windows worked becuase the battery still had charge.

claustrophobia9
09-01-2006, 06:25 PM
it probibly had a "leak" or the emp overpowered the cage. its pretty difficult to over power the cage but cars arent designed with that in mind so they arent the most efficient farraday cages. the ECS is the most emp sensitive part in a car so if it was as big as it was (i saw the episode) and didnt blow the windows and door lock wires but did break the ECS that means it is somewhere between working well and not working at all, which still isnt a "good" emp. the parabolic dish style is more focused so if they made their big one directional it PROBIBLY coulld break all electronics in the car. (the battery would overpower and leak... wires intact, chips not reset but fully fried)