PDA

View Full Version : My 05 electra, let me know what you think

rafb86
08-28-2006, 06:21 PM
this is my electra , im open to suggestion as to what i should update next

UPDATE (8/02/06) just added the evil detanator reg and freak jr kit, i played today and was doing 265 +-10 at 250psi :) these are the new pics

note: the other marker is my backup sonix pro

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/rafb86/IMG_1840.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/rafb86/IMG_1841.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/rafb86/IMG_1844.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/rafb86/IMG_1835.jpg

stylinbeaver
08-28-2006, 06:58 PM
I don't see much you could do. Upgrade the board?? I would take the gauge off the drop forward if it was me. 3 gauges is alot for me. That's just my opionion. nice gun though

thechubbss12
08-28-2006, 07:45 PM
The marker its self flows great together... But the Reg... Ehhh drop it and get a CP...

Other then that a New board with Eyes would do you good... But so far as i can tell it looks pretty good.

ricochet08
08-28-2006, 08:07 PM
im with chubbs. get a CP regulator :D

looks good to me :thumbup:

rafb86
08-28-2006, 09:43 PM
yeah i got an evil detanator which looks a lot better then the pmi but i made the noob mistake of tring to screw in kingman's awesome metric system into the standard reg and striped it... i kicked myself in the ass for that one....

TacTownKilla
08-28-2006, 10:52 PM
does it shoot 30bps :dodgy:

lose the drop

splaturout
08-29-2006, 04:36 AM
I smell a paint job that needs to begin. Yea...3 gauges? Drop can go. Otherwise...nice looking gun!

shunut
08-29-2006, 06:37 AM
Why does everyone say "Lose the Drop". I've played for a while and have had many, many different setups, sometimes with the length of the tank a drop is necessary to make it comfortable to shoot. Keep the drop if you like it, who cares what others say. Other than the reg it looks great.

rafb86
08-29-2006, 09:48 AM
yeah i like my drop its only a lil bigger then the stock drop and my tank is kinda big so im keeping it , and the gauges i need the va gauge ofcourse, i need the gauge thats on the tank to see how much is in it , and i like the gauge on the on/off because it lets me know if my reg is working good and if the reg in the tank is working, so i dont really want to get rid of it , but yeah a paint job would be nice , im thinking all gloss black but leaving the silver stripes

Sac
08-29-2006, 11:46 AM
i bet you get teh mad hoppar hitz.

rafb86
08-30-2006, 04:15 PM
just got my evil detanator put in and a freak kit :) will post updated pics soon

bamf-hacker
08-30-2006, 06:14 PM
Well then I guess you read my mind.... I was going to say a barrel kit...

Good job :)

tigerdave714
08-31-2006, 04:07 AM
Looks good. Several people have mentioned a new board with eyes, but I don't think its necessary. With a stock board you'll probably never outshoot that hopper anyway, so there's no need for eyes.

Someone mentioned a "paint job". Don't you dare! Painting an aluminum body NEVER works well. It always ends up looking like crap no matter how much time and money you spend on it.

DyNasty9
08-31-2006, 10:01 AM
Someone mentioned a "paint job". Don't you dare! Painting an aluminum body NEVER works well. It always ends up looking like crap no matter how much time and money you spend on it.
my rodeo's anno didnt come out like crap:rolleyes:

looks good cept for the drop and the gauge on the drop. just my .02

tigerdave714
08-31-2006, 03:20 PM
Anno is one thing. Painting an aluminum body is another. Ive seen some paint turnout decent, but even the expensive automotive stuff (that is made for painting metal) will start to bubble, chip, and flake eventually.

Do what you want with this one. Just stating my opinion based on the numerous painted markers Ive seen.

rafb86
08-31-2006, 10:59 PM
yeah if i were to change the color i would def do a anno

Ace24
09-01-2006, 09:36 AM
I spray painted mine... It came out ok. Its one of the finalists in the runn off vote for SOTM BTW... It is starting to flake though. I need to get it annoed.

But what you said about not needing eyes is false. It doesnt matter that it wont outshoot the hopper. There can be blowback into the neck, making it so that the ball gets chopped. Wich is all to common with Spyders. Especially with a non o-ring bolt.

I would say, change the trigger frame to a regular E-frame, put in a good T-board, put in eyes, get rid of the drop and put a CP On/Off on it(direct mount), and put an Orange bolt in it.

Thats just my personal preference for what your gun is and the way it is. I am not a fan of ACS bolts... eyes yes.

EDIT

I guess the ACS bolt will work if worn in... but I dont like them still, so going back on that blowback thing, its not going to happen with the ACS bolt. Chopps wont happen I mean.

I just dont like how they function. Thats why when I bought my '03 Fenix in '04 I wanted the older one... the newer one with the ACS bolt was crap.

rafb86
09-02-2006, 07:09 PM
yeah i finaly broke in my acs and it works fine now , but i still want to get a new bolt , but the eyes are a lil costly and im low in funds now so im ganna take it easy for a while , but what to u guys think of the new reg and barrel ?

DFSniper
09-03-2006, 02:57 AM
nice. the new freak juniors look way better than the old one. and i've always liked the look of the detonator. i have that same drop but bigger. did you have problems with the guage port plug leaking when you first got it?

rafb86
09-03-2006, 03:03 PM
nice. the new freak juniors look way better than the old one. and i've always liked the look of the detonator. i have that same drop but bigger. did you have problems with the guage port plug leaking when you first got it?

nope i didnt get it new, but i dont have any problems with it just that sometimes the on/off leaks a lil if u dont turn it the right amount