PDA

View Full Version : this might be a noob question but...

rafb86
08-28-2006, 04:14 PM
ok i got an 05 electra ACS with a bunch of upgrades (read the sig) but my question is: when the acs on the bolt kicks in, is the bolt suppost to uncock and stay forward?? i ask this because when start rocking the trigger really fast during games it seems like the acs in the bolt kicks in, and the bolt cocks forward and stays there so then i have to stop and cock it back again to keep firing and it sucks... :confused:

SharpObjects
08-28-2006, 05:03 PM
Yes, that is normal for the ACS bolt. If you are outshooting a Halo B, perhaps you are bouncing madly?

A VerC board with eyes will fix your problem.

vwjimmy
08-28-2006, 05:26 PM
NO....the marker should always recock. The ACS bolt actually does not move forward into the breach when there is a ball jam if it is working. The marker should keep recocking weather or not you had a misfire. If it is not recocking only when you are going full out, you might be having 'shoot down' where the marker cannot recharge fast enough to keep up with you. Are you using HPA?
Bounce is when the marker fires due to the recoil from the previous firing....

rafb86
08-28-2006, 06:43 PM
yeah i have HPA and i was having this problem the past weekend when my reg wasnt in yet and i was just using the stock expansion chamber, do u think a VA , reg, valve and spring kit will help?

ooglieboogliebob
08-28-2006, 11:40 PM
well if it's at stock pressure it should be fine. Do you do proper maintainance on your gun every now and then ?? Try lubing your striker o-ring.

If thats not the case, maybe your breaking paint and it's getting stuck in between the bolt ??

WRX//D00D
08-29-2006, 12:25 AM
I just got my Electra ACS two weeks ago played with it twice and same deal..it either jams up and i have to recock during play or it gets really bad and i get paint coming out the feedneck and detents...not to mention the recocking pin popping off:(

vwjimmy
08-29-2006, 04:21 AM
What kind of reg is on your HPA tank? Some flow better tyhan others. A higher flowing v/a might help if too shoot down is the problem....

shunut
08-29-2006, 05:31 AM
I just got my Electra ACS two weeks ago played with it twice and same deal..it either jams up and i have to recock during play or it gets really bad and i get paint coming out the feedneck and detents...not to mention the recocking pin popping off:(

I know I'm quoting wrz//dood but this goes to both of you. Did you break your ACS in? You have to break the ACS in before you use it for it to work properly. To do so, get a battle swab, stick it in the feedneck and fire your gun about 1000 times.

SharpObjects
08-29-2006, 10:14 AM
NO....the marker should always recock. The ACS bolt actually does not move forward into the breach when there is a ball jam if it is working. The marker should keep recocking weather or not you had a misfire. If it is not recocking only when you are going full out, you might be having 'shoot down' where the marker cannot recharge fast enough to keep up with you. Are you using HPA?
Bounce is when the marker fires due to the recoil from the previous firing....

Really? In every instance I've heard of the bolt is suppose to go uncocked. My bad.

vwjimmy
08-29-2006, 10:28 AM
The bolt face is designed to NOT move forward when there is an obstruction in the breech even though the rear half still does. Thats why you can and should break them in by cocking the marker, jamming a swab down the feedneck, and firing away till your tank is empty. When doing this, the marker continues to recock even though the bolt face never travels forward in the breech.:D

rafb86
08-29-2006, 12:45 PM
ooo ok. yeah i broke mine in by taking out the bolt and moving that spring back and forth and also by sticking a tab from a can in it to compress it , so hopefully with my new setup it shouldnt have recocking problems

rafb86
08-29-2006, 12:46 PM
ps. thanks jimmy your always a big help , much appreciated!