PDA

View Full Version : Morning Drink

Victa_Balla
08-28-2006, 03:18 PM
I know some of you have yourself a cup of some drink in the morning, so what is it? I've recently become a tea person myself.

Sandman_Bravo
08-28-2006, 03:23 PM
Half a pot of Joe for me everyday.

thechubbss12
08-28-2006, 03:27 PM
Orange Juice FTW....

TheRedBarron
08-28-2006, 03:28 PM
Coffee and then a red bull on my way to work.

vikingshadow
08-28-2006, 03:29 PM
Shame on you, chubbs! A fitness person like yourself....just kidding, although you do know that concentrated juice is no better than a soda in the morning with 120 calories per serving and lots of sugars.....

Vodka and v8 for me.....

NOT! Just plain ol' water works for me...

ShadowX
08-28-2006, 03:32 PM
Orange Juice FTW....

Yes! OJ FTMFW! Pulp Free, Simply Orange is the BEST OJ EVER!

optionboarder81
08-28-2006, 04:03 PM
orange juice or water

vwjimmy
08-28-2006, 04:05 PM
Does coffee count if I drink it till noon? lol
At least 2 pots a day!!!

marvin-martian
08-28-2006, 04:09 PM
both coffee and tea are gross. orange juice ftw!

newkid
08-28-2006, 04:21 PM
Oj Ftw

timmyshoota
08-28-2006, 04:29 PM
Beer.

Actually, I don't drink anything in the morning.

pbfreak3221
08-28-2006, 04:35 PM
OJ w/ breakfast then coffee later

splaturout
08-28-2006, 04:39 PM
Mamosa (sp?)....OJ and Champagne FTW!

bamf-hacker
08-28-2006, 05:05 PM
I am up at 4:30am and out the door by 5:30am

Coffee Coffee Coffee

SharpObjects
08-28-2006, 05:05 PM
I enjoy a cup of peach mango juice.

vikingshadow
08-28-2006, 05:06 PM
The blood of my slain enemies...a great pick-me-up!

marvin-martian
08-28-2006, 05:25 PM
omg vike. <3

QAZ123
08-28-2006, 06:48 PM
Either a carnation instant breakfast chocolate mix with 2% milk or a serving of optimum nutrition whey protein chocolate with 2% milk depending on my mood.

Then water the rest of the day. Sometimes I break it and have a diet mountain dew.

Actually I really like those Minute Maid light cherry limeade and raspberry passion drink's there the bombshizzle and only 10 calories (mostly due to that aspartame crap).

JB.

thechubbss12
08-28-2006, 06:55 PM
LOL. What people dont seem to realise about calories... is about how they get them.... Most people think all calories are thier enemys... When in reality they can be your best friend... Just because it has 120 calories and alot of sugars does not make it bad..

The diffrence is all in the High Fructose Corn syrup... Which is probibly one of the worst things we can intake... Partialy because it directly affects the liver by slowly eating it away (Ever drank so much soda you got a urinary infection?... guess what caused it), also it blocks the nerves in the stomach that tell you you are full (cause the average american to eat more) (ever wounder why all fast food offer you a Soda with you food..), and lastly it is alot of sugars which are empty carbs that no one realy needs...

So yes orange juice is a Incredibly better choice over any soda / gatorade (powerade or energy drink) because it
A. does not have HFCS
b. does have alot of calories and sugars (natural sugars are much easyer digested) which will help fuel your day
c. Tastes AWESOME....

Sac
08-28-2006, 09:07 PM
scotch :dodgy:

ooglieboogliebob
08-28-2006, 11:29 PM
... well i normally don't drink anything, but today im gonna havta make a batch of strong coffee or else i'll fall asleep and dropdead. It's 3:29 and i havn't had an ounce of sleep. I needa wake up in 2 hours, and i don't think 2 hours of sleep is really worth it.

taurinic
08-29-2006, 02:35 AM
water, b/c i dont like taking a dump at school

claustrophobia9
08-29-2006, 03:07 AM
minute maid fruit punch and an amp (contains OJ) out the door.

i cant drink reg oj... its gross

vikingshadow
08-29-2006, 03:38 AM
LOL. What people dont seem to realise about calories... is about how they get them.... Most people think all calories are thier enemys... When in reality they can be your best friend... Just because it has 120 calories and alot of sugars does not make it bad..

The diffrence is all in the High Fructose Corn syrup... Which is probibly one of the worst things we can intake... Partialy because it directly affects the liver by slowly eating it away (Ever drank so much soda you got a urinary infection?... guess what caused it), also it blocks the nerves in the stomach that tell you you are full (cause the average american to eat more) (ever wounder why all fast food offer you a Soda with you food..), and lastly it is alot of sugars which are empty carbs that no one realy needs...

So yes orange juice is a Incredibly better choice over any soda / gatorade (powerade or energy drink) because it
A. does not have HFCS
b. does have alot of calories and sugars (natural sugars are much easyer digested) which will help fuel your day
c. Tastes AWESOME....

Should have put a dodgy after my post - forgot that! Oh, well...

However, you'll find that when you get older, OJ (or any juice that's in concentrated form) isn't all that great for you - yes, better than soda, but when you try to lose weight, it won't help you any at all. Calories and sugars are very important in that respect. Right now, you youngsters can fart and burn 300 calories, we old guys fart and gain 3 pounds..

Experience and lots of research on it because I'm old and fat...ish! But I'll stop because I have a lot of blood to drink and I don't want to write a research paper here.

xsgmike66x
08-29-2006, 08:13 AM
Most of the time I have orange juice. But sometimes I will have a cup of tea.

pb34
08-29-2006, 09:16 AM
No pulp oj ftw!

pbfreak3221
08-29-2006, 09:26 AM
No pulp oj ftw!
QFT pulp tastes disgusting in store bought OJ but home made oj with pulp is pretty good

Ace24
08-29-2006, 11:23 AM
I dont usually drink coffee in the morning... Idk why... but I prefer it at night or in the afternoon.

I like tea in the morning. But I make the tea as dark as possible with no sugar.

I drink coffee the same way. Black, nothing in it.

People ask me how I can drink it like that, I simply respond, "I am German and Irish. In the WW2 era they would stick a stick in a pot of Coffee. If the stick stood erect, coffee was done. (The germans would that is) For the Irish side, my excuse is that the Irish like strong drinks. Thats another reason why I only drink beer for the flavor, not for the effects."

I personally LOVE strong drinks, if its alcholic, or not.

Should have put a dodgy after my post - forgot that! Oh, well...

However, you'll find that when you get older, OJ (or any juice that's in concentrated form) isn't all that great for you - yes, better than soda, but when you try to lose weight, it won't help you any at all. Calories and sugars are very important in that respect. Right now, you youngsters can fart and burn 300 calories, we old guys fart and gain 3 pounds..

Experience and lots of research on it because I'm old and fat...ish! But I'll stop because I have a lot of blood to drink and I don't want to write a research paper here.

I personally hate my weight. I am too skinny for my height, but nothing I do makes me gain weight. I have an overactive metabolism... :( I want to gain weight so that I can turn the fat into muscle bulk... but thats not going to happen any time soon. I honestly loose weight when I eat. So I have to eat more at one time and eat at least 4 times a day with big meals to gain around 3 lbs. Then by the time I wake up, the weight is gone.

I follow that "fart and lose 300 calories" I honestly think thats how things work in my body. Just the chewing motion, and arm movement required to eat makes me lose wieght...

Mech Warrior
08-29-2006, 12:20 PM
Ditto. I like my coffee and tea black and strong.

Hoppy11
08-29-2006, 12:28 PM
Its really really bad for you, but I acually have a coke in the morning.

Paintball0308
08-29-2006, 01:25 PM
on school weeks all I drink is water and for dinner juice but on the weekends I have soda for everything. I need to stop that. Is there a healthy energy drink or something that can wake you up in the morning cause I need it. I cant stay awake in the mornings in school and I start waking up and stop being drowsy after lunch and all I have left is p.e. I havent learned anything yet cause I'm so tired and sleeping in class.

TheRedBarron
08-29-2006, 01:30 PM
Try Vitamin water, it doesn't contain any caffeine but it is really good for you and does supply you with energy. just don't get the knock off "Life Water" because that stuff is just juice that is watered down.

durrell
08-29-2006, 04:05 PM
Try Vitamin water, it doesn't contain any caffeine but it is really good for you and does supply you with energy. just don't get the knock off "Life Water" because that stuff is just juice that is watered down.

lol Everyone I know is obsessed with that stuff..

claustrophobia9
08-29-2006, 04:12 PM
watered down juice FTL

Mech Warrior
08-29-2006, 06:59 PM
Just brewed a half-gallon pitcher of iced green tea. Mmmmmmm.....

ross * pilot
08-30-2006, 08:52 AM
zomg, this stuff is gold... i have it every morning.. its cranberry raspberry and sometimes oj if we are out of it :/

Mech Warrior
08-30-2006, 09:17 AM
Just brewed a half-gallon pitcher of iced green tea. Mmmmmmm.....
Really good for the prostate, you know.

You kids will care about that one day...

ross * pilot
08-30-2006, 10:53 AM
that lipton citrus green tea is realllly good too.. mmm

colonel_moo
08-30-2006, 07:34 PM
when im actually in my school routine, i drink a huge 16 oz glass of OJ every morning, which is most of my breakfast. i know its bad, but my breakfast usually consists of a nutrigrain bar and the OJ, sometimes minus the nutrigrain bar.

during the summer/vacation, i dont drink anything in the morning, mostly because im not awake :)

DFSniper
09-01-2006, 02:06 PM
Milk - It does the body good!

pbfreak3221
09-01-2006, 02:19 PM
milk ftl unless it's in cereal