PDA

View Full Version : What is your opinion on this ASA?

Ace24
08-27-2006, 08:43 PM
http://www.hybrid-paintball.com/05/grind-pushbutton.html

Some guy wants to sell me that ASA for $45 with a CP rail. The ASA alone costs that much and the rail costs $20 so I would be saving $20...

Is that a good ASA? Any better then the CP on/off one?

Muddytaco
08-27-2006, 11:05 PM
A cp on/off is better because it actually uses a screw to push on the pin valve with very little resistance. On the hybrid asa the tank screws on like on a regular duckbill with no on/off, then you flip the switch to send air into the gun or to cut the air supply off. The hybrid one isn't bad its just thats are better ones.

It wouldn't be my first choice but if it in good condition i would probably take it for the price.

bamf-hacker
08-28-2006, 04:09 AM
IMO the CP ASA On/Off is the best one out there. It is very easy to turn and the bleed works flawlessly.

The Hybrid is not bad, but if you have a choice between the Hybrid and the CP I say go for the CP.

shunut
08-28-2006, 05:34 AM
I'm never heard anything about the push button asa's but I don't trust them. I'd go with a CP.

vwjimmy
08-28-2006, 05:38 AM
I agree on the CP,
Leaving the valve in the tank depressed is out!!!

phatphil
08-28-2006, 11:21 AM
I have both, they are both nice but I prefer the CP. I got my Grind for like $25 shipped. It's really nice and the button push takes about no effort, I prefer the CP though because of reasons everyone else stated.

Drefish99
08-28-2006, 11:56 AM
I have one of these as well.. They ain't that bad. I did have an oring go dry on me and I had to take it apart to lube it. Wasn't too bad but when the orings get dry it can be hard to turn on and off. That is kinda high of a price for it. You can get a Grind for about $25 and a CP rail for $10. not a huge savings but maybe you can get him down to $40 shipped then it would be better.

Ace24
08-28-2006, 07:11 PM
****, well I cancled my order of the CP ASA with Santy, because I thought the Hybrid looked cooler and would be better... but now I might regret it... **** **** ****.

:( Not good. Oh well, if it doesnt work like I want it, I'll just sell it and get the CP. :(

bigred76
08-28-2006, 08:25 PM
I <3 my System X Slider on/off, and if you really want a push button I'd reccommend one of them. Have to whack the ASA to get it to turn off, but it isn't too bad otherwise. It also has the built-in bleed (FTW).

Ace24
08-29-2006, 12:03 PM
I dont want to have to "wack" my ASA to turn it off... Idk, I'll see how thi sone works. It should be here by the weekend or so, I'll try to give a report on it after that.

bomberpilot07
08-29-2006, 02:35 PM
I <3 my System X Slider on/off, and if you really want a push button I'd reccommend one of them. Have to whack the ASA to get it to turn off, but it isn't too bad otherwise. It also has the built-in bleed (FTW).
tim your a noob :nododgy:

hybrid on offs suck.... they can leak very easy, they leave your tank pin pressed in so your tank valve is still open, and they are pretty hard to screw the tank in after the first month or so. fyi cp on offs ftmfw

claustrophobia9
08-29-2006, 04:09 PM
push button ftl... orings blow on the button assembly every now and then and thats a real ***** to fix.

DyNasty9
08-29-2006, 04:25 PM
push button ftl... orings blow on the button assembly every now and then and thats a real ***** to fix.
ya my friend has a hybrid on his proto and it leaks all the time.
i like my cp, the only problem i have with it is it kept coming unscrewed when i played. guess i wasnt screwing it in all the way.:rolleyes:

Ace24
08-29-2006, 09:01 PM
Grrrr. I feel really stupid now. Well, when I get it, I'm selling it. ANYONE WANT ONE FOR $20? lol.

Baller-59
09-03-2006, 08:08 PM
if you wanta push button, get a function push button

vikingshadow
09-04-2006, 03:30 AM
I actually prefer my NDZ EZ Bleed asa to any other ASA I've ever used or seen. It's smooth like butter, not huge, bleeds really easy and is super lightweight.

Never trusted anything that you could press a button for air on...

Baller-59
09-04-2006, 06:27 PM
I actually prefer my NDZ EZ Bleed asa to any other ASA I've ever used or seen. It's smooth like butter, not huge, bleeds really easy and is super lightweight.

Never trusted anything that you could press a button for air on...
not suprising seeing as how old geezers like you don't even trust banks:dodgy:

Ace24
09-04-2006, 06:49 PM
Any pics of this ASA?

vikingshadow
09-05-2006, 03:47 AM
http://www.punisherspb.com/images/products/Paintball-supplies-n/ndz_onoff_blk.jpg

Built in air bleed, no more shooting down and no more broken o-rings when removing your tank
WOW! Weighs only 57gr!! that's almost 1/2 the weight when compared to some other on/off's
Custom milled body and knob for great looks while removing excess weight
Includes extra shaft o-ring and pipe plug
Available in Black, Silver, Red, & Blue

Ignore the pic of it with a drop, instead, look for pictures of my Shocker (or nader's, I believe) - I have it on there with an S rail. Easiest turning one I've ever used, without it actually coming unscrewed while playing. I love it!

spyderpaintball
09-05-2006, 05:12 AM
Yah the NDZ drops are nice. Very reliable and not to expensive.

Ace24
09-05-2006, 09:15 AM
:( great... I bought a second ASA... the CP ON/OFF rail type off of Santy, and now I see this... ugh. Honestly, I think I'll stick with the CP because I dont want to keep spending money on ASA's, considering I got ripped off witht eh Hybrid.