PDA

View Full Version : Need support v.300 thread

vikingshadow
08-27-2006, 05:28 PM
Well, the old thread died a while back, but since school's started up again and everyone's back into school sports, or trying to lose a few pounds **cough**me**cough** I thought I'd bring it back in the new and improved v.300.

For those of you who are new, this is a thread to help morally support each other's attempt to get back in shape or lose/gain weight.

For example, I'm trying to lose 30-40 pounds and failing at even losing a pound so far. This would be your cue to say, "You can do it," or "You just need to keep focused. Try...." and so on.

Flaming will result in instantaneous bannage and your computer will blow up, shredding your face with monitor shrapnel, so be warned! If you don't have a question or can't support anyone, don't post here.

Let's make this one as successful as the last two threads on this - what, didn't they reach like 40+ pages or so?

killerpinecone
08-27-2006, 05:43 PM
You can do it

Hossy
08-27-2006, 05:47 PM
hmmm lets try to get straigh As this semester...

durrell
08-27-2006, 05:54 PM
I'm doing better than I ever have, fitness wise. I'm down to 10 percent (maybe lower) body fat now. I'm doing some kind of weight lifting everyday as well as cardio everyday. Friday I did a small amount of weight lifting and then did about an hour or hour and a half of cardio..rode 5 miles on the bike and did alot of the machines. I'm proud of myself..I never was really overweight but I look much skinnier and in alot better shape now..

Hossy
08-27-2006, 05:57 PM
way to go Doc!

:)

p.s. howd ur date go playa?

durrell
08-27-2006, 06:04 PM
p.s. howd ur date go playa?

Meh I ended up going out with one of my other friends that's a girl when everyone met there..lol. I think I kind of have feelings for one of my girl-friends instead of that girl..:confused:

xNinja-Dolphinx
08-27-2006, 06:10 PM
I want to try to lose some wieght, but since school started I am really busy with band and church, and being a senior(alot more work than anticipated), along with going through mandatory fire training

stylinbeaver
08-27-2006, 06:19 PM
Ya. I signed up for weight training this year. I need to get buff. lol. I might drop the class, but I want to see if it's goin to be fun first

QAZ123
08-27-2006, 06:31 PM
You can do it Vike!

Keep up the good work guy's!

I have stayed prettty steady all summer. I remember last summer I slacked off bigtime and went from 162 lb's to 148. This summer I was at 162 again and only dropped down to 154 but now I'm back up to a lean 156 ab's showing and everything!

Summer's almost over and I won't be doing my maintenance workout's I'll get back to lifting hard and consuming a lot more calories. Will purposely lose my ab's in order to put on quality muscle.

School three night's a week will be slightly difficult but not complicated.

JB.

vikingshadow
08-27-2006, 06:31 PM
Well, I signed up with a local gym this summer because running on pavement was killing my feet and calves. To the point I couldn't walk the next day without a SERIOUS limp. So I figured a treadmill might do some good. Plus, I figured I could lift some weights to tone up and get rid of the **cough**man boobs**cough** that are starting to show - my wife and kids say I don't have them, but it looks like it to me!

Anyway, the first 4 weeks I ran every day and lifted every other day, I actually GAINED 5 pounds, to which I attributed to be muscle - however, my stomach wasn't getting smaller. I decided to try this podfitness.com thing, kind of like a trainer that you listen to on your ipod. So, I quit running, and yet the weight didn't come off, not a single pound. Stomach still hasn't shrunk, if anything, looks like it's bigger!

I eat a small breakfast, a small lunch, then supper - no snacking all day long but after supper is killer - it's like I can't stop! I feel MISERABLE in the midsection after supper - and fall asleep way too early. My metabolism is way down, and I'm tired of feeling miserable. Being 40 really sucks, fellows!

To top it off, since school started, I've missed several days, but still manage to go at least 4 times a week although I want to go 6 days. But, I'm going to try to stick it out.

30-40 pounds is the goal - but right now, I'd be happy with 10-20!

QAZ123
08-27-2006, 06:35 PM
I'd make breakfast your biggest meal if not lunch. Fill it with carb's (Oat's are the bomshizzle kyeahnotreally but there super good for you) so you don't crave them later on. Supper should be protein based with some carb's coming from vegetable's.

JB.

bamf-hacker
08-27-2006, 06:50 PM
Good luck guy you all can get to your goals...

As an ex-personal trainer feel free to ask me questions and I will answer what ever I can.

Again.... You can do it (in my best Bela Karoly)

durrell
08-27-2006, 06:57 PM
I don't need to lose any weight..I'm a good size. Just need more muscle.

vwjimmy
08-27-2006, 07:04 PM
I know you can do it Vike! I am sitting here, not having eaten a carb in a week! I really packed some on this summer too!!! Stick to it!

newkid
08-28-2006, 05:30 PM
You Con Doo Ett