PDA

View Full Version : was in a bad motorcycle accident today...

SniperX
08-26-2006, 06:55 PM
this would be my first serious wreck on my 06 sv.. was in a group ride after going out to eat and getting gas... the group consisted of 5 other riders on sportbikes of many flavors.. there two newbs in this group that happened 1 wore all his leathes *me* the other wore gloves and leather jacket jeans *kinda squidish* the others were hard core stunt riders.. u know how sum of those guys can be yeah squids.. we experenced are first wreck from one of the stunters on a cafe style beater stunt bike happened to show off in a parking lot and hit a sign while trying to avoid it *was really funny didnt get on video in time* this happend in the resturant parking lot *mind my spelling errors* after eating we headed out the long 2 hour trip home and half way through it the leader surprised us with a new route.. which happened to be twisties.. sumthing i wasnt ready for.. i never took MSF yet the second twistie which happened to be almost a full circle is when i lost control of the bike *suspension set to soft for the front end* i took the turn wide at the start and hit sum gravel at around 40mph.. i regain control.. knowing i was going to fast i tried to slow down by getting off the gas slowly not wanting to piss my bike off sum more.. i then notice this turn was bigger then i thought my front end went nutz and i didnt want to go down the road so i notice the yard ahead of me of just grass.. and didnt know there was 6ft drop off into a ditch
with a slight slope
thats all i remember cept when i opened my eyes and saw my sv flip in the air twice *accodring to everyone "cart wheeled* and i was thrown in the air at least a good 10 feet before the bike flipped.. then i opened my eyes and i had my 4 of my group riders around me and i notice two fello chopper and hog riders had stopped and helped me and pull my bike out of the ground which was half way embeded in theound.. i wasnt hurt.. leg is sore..around the hip socket area...everyone thought i was dead.. since i barly missed a tellephone pole.. my SVS needs a new front end.. the plastic and head lights are barly holding on.. u can say the front end is tottaled ...my forks are twisted and my boss *i work at a pro paintball shop as a manager* can fix those for me.. and 718$ for a new fairing...
mirrors held up...
i'll have damage photos from both crashes.. the only non squid rider went down with worse crash today... my icon field armor boots saved my foot from the peg, and shift lever and bike landed on my foot.. then bounced again.. my leather jacket is just dirty.. and i was wearing my Shift kevlar jeans and that did nothing to those... i really surprised i made it out okay... and my bike isnt really damaged.. dunno if i should report this to the inssurence company.. cops dont know about this.. yeah i rode the bike home for alil bit.. and my friend thought it be easyer on me if i rode his old ninja beater since it had lower seat hight to give my leg a break.. we stoped at a park and my fellow riders started to strip the broke plastic of the front fairing to allow the bike to turn easyer... well i'll post pics later.. the bike runs and isnt leaking anything... and im glad im lucky and made it out okay..

stylinbeaver
08-26-2006, 07:07 PM
WOW. You got lucky. I seen some pretty bad wrecks before, but non that bad sounding. At least your not hurt and the bike is replacable.

timmyshoota
08-26-2006, 07:08 PM
Feel lucky. Kudos to you for being smart and wearing your leathers. Life > being hot.

Hope you get the bike back together soon, SV's are so nice.

splaturout
08-26-2006, 07:10 PM
That really sucks! Glad you are ok. Bike is material! Just fix it up and get back to riding. I have wiped out a couple times...nothing that bad but it always helped to get back out there ASAP!

SniperX
08-26-2006, 07:12 PM
step dad and i choose not to report it to the insurence.. i do have full coverage and would have gotten a brand new bike.. but hey.. i was being stupid *30mph turn and i was doing 55 i guess according to the riders behind me* to be old and wise u have to be young and stupid.. so yeah i get to put money into the bike to fix everything myself..

DRAGON
08-26-2006, 07:30 PM
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad yer OK -

splaturout
08-27-2006, 03:37 AM
save the money on the plastic...make it naked! :D

shunut
08-27-2006, 06:31 AM
Good to hear your okay and that you are smart enough to wear protective gear when riding. I know several people who were "Too Cool" for such gear and are no longer with us.

vwjimmy
08-27-2006, 06:33 AM
Thank God you are OK. I was down a few times when I was young....
Go take MSF as soon as you can! If you are a new rider, take the two day course...its great and will teach you alot. I take the advanced rider course about every two years to keep me fresh since the Intruder sits all winter.
Man, glad you are OK!

pbfreak3221
08-27-2006, 07:24 AM
Some one in my town died two weeks ago in a motorcycle 3 minutes after I saw him riding down the road, I saw a ton of ambulances fly past me, and when I came back home I saw a really banged up motorcycle. The next day in the paper I saw he died, and I got kinda spooked.

SniperX
08-27-2006, 08:25 AM
well.. i took sum pics with my cell phone.. so yeah there crappy.

whats left of the front end and dash..
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i36/raven44418/Aug27_001.jpg

my bike naked.. and stripped of the broken parts.. *kinda mean looking*
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i36/raven44418/Aug27_002.jpg

my bent radiator that works and aint leaking..
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i36/raven44418/Aug27_003.jpg

ooglieboogliebob
08-27-2006, 08:50 PM
whow, glad your alright, sounded like you had a pretty long day today.

Ace24
08-27-2006, 09:23 PM
Eh that radiator might need replacing... wont the bends make for decreased airflow and engine overheating?

But good thing your ok! Btw, naked bikes are the look for stunt people lol.

bamf-hacker
08-28-2006, 04:14 AM
Glad you are ok man...

and more so that you were responsible enough to wear protective gear!

Don't forget to replace your gear, now that it was in a wreck.

SniperX
08-28-2006, 07:22 AM
leathers are fine.. helmet got checked out and was fine.. didnt hit my head.. i basicly kept my head alil prolly cause i was going down a slight slope. my boots held up and on have sum scratches on the metal clips my gloves are in perfect condition and my kevlar jeans ave grass stains on the knees.. so yeah i think i slid down on my knees as i can see from the grass stains on my WHITE leathers i slid down my left side too.. :(

Nenkitsune
08-28-2006, 09:32 AM
wow. considering how the crash was, you (and the bike) came out relativly unscathed huh?
save some money and keep it naked ^^ just get an old school headlight
naked is always better

SniperX
08-28-2006, 04:11 PM
naked is better.. but highway commuting wont be fun