PDA

View Full Version : Omg help me with my piolt!

Damon234
08-26-2006, 04:37 AM
im a semi-newb so i need some help
gun is a piolt acs
problem: everytime i fire one shot on semi/auto/burst3/burst6 i must recock the gun! I just bought a brand new 20oz co2 so it is not low air! Is the retaining or striker spring broken? Please help me I just spent 400$ on this gun and don,t want it to go to waste!:(

And can you tell me how to fix what every is broken!

Thenk you:confused:

splaturout
08-26-2006, 05:19 AM
Did you lube/oil the bolt? If it is delrin and you did oil it that can be the cause of your problems. You shouldn't do that. Take out the bolt wipe it down and let it sit and dry out. Once it is dry oil the striker o-ring (not the bolt) and re-assemble your gun and try again.

Welcome to the forums and please do search the previous post as this has been addressed many times. Also take time to read here (also known as the Bible here)

http://www.ottersccustoms.com/

You will get plenty of help and you will get the upgradeitist after reading it...I know that I did. :D

Hossy
08-26-2006, 07:39 AM

by saying that, your showing ur a newb.

otherwise, refer to what Splaturout said

DisIsMyUsername
08-26-2006, 08:32 AM
Here...I quoted myself cause I've said this before on another thread. Try it, cause it could be the problem, if it isn't then...good luck..:undecided:

Hmmm...

I actually once had a cousin who accidently put the striker buffer in before the striker. That caused him uncocking problems obviously but he didn't know and neither did I. So I took his internals out and I was wondering where the hell was his buffer. So I look inside, and there it was...all the way in the freakin end by the valve. So...check if maybe you might of put the buffer (the black round rubber thing) before your striker, and if you did then put it in after you put in your striker. I mean hey, it could be a simple thing as that.

Damon234
08-26-2006, 12:36 PM
I did not oil the delrin bolt and could not oiling the o ring cause this problem?

splaturout
08-26-2006, 12:42 PM
If you are still having issues after oiling the striker ring the other place you may want to check is the cup (?) Not to sure of the exact term but the little white plastic piece inside the front assult block that the spring is on. If you are not getting a good seal here on the valve you will get recocking issues too. Try putting a little oil or lube on the end of the cup to create a better seal and see if that helps. You can also buy a new one that seals better and will work better. try that and see what happens.

Damon234
08-26-2006, 12:59 PM
what! that means i got to take the whole gun apart! =o

splaturout
08-26-2006, 01:01 PM
You have to anyhow now and then to make sure you keep everything clean....Once you do it once or twice you will be able to do it in a matter of seconds. I know that I learned more and more about my gu after I took the whole thing apart and put it back together. You will feel better once you do it. I would put down a towel on a table (or work bench if you have one) and take the entire gun apart....at least the moving parts. Don't be afriad of it...you will see how easy it is once you do it.

Damon234
08-26-2006, 01:03 PM
could u help me if i cant put it back together right =\

splaturout
08-26-2006, 01:17 PM
Sure...anyone here could...just do it slowly and watch where screws and such come from...you shouldn't have to take off the trigger at all so don't touch those screws. Go take it apart and we will help you if you get stuck...just ask. :)

stylinbeaver
08-26-2006, 02:27 PM
Splaturout, the white thing is called a cup seal. And I've went threw 2 of them. Just put some oil on it and you should be good. If you have a leak out of the barrel, then you will have to check the cup seal and make sure you have it in right or replace it. And if you have questions, ask anybody on the forums, they should be able to help ya out.

splaturout
08-26-2006, 02:29 PM
I was close...I called it a cup...thanks for clearing it up.

Paintball0308
08-26-2006, 03:30 PM
gun is a piolt acs
problem: everytime i fire one shot on semi/auto/burst3/burst6 i must recock the gun! I just bought a brand new 20oz co2 so it is not low air! Is the retaining or striker spring broken? Please help me I just spent 400$ on this gun and don,t want it to go to waste!:(

And can you tell me how to fix what every is broken!

Thenk you:confused:
Did you fill the tank? If you just bought it, it comes empty. and how did you buy a $120 gun for $400.

Hossy
08-26-2006, 03:44 PM
what! that means i got to take the whole gun apart! =o

spyders are the easiest gun to take appart. Theres only say, 10 moving parts.

Once you do it once, youll know how to do it forever

pman15
08-26-2006, 04:07 PM
how did u get a 107$ gun for 400$?

Sandman_Bravo
08-26-2006, 04:42 PM
Go here, it's tutorial videos on disassembly and reassembly.

http://www.kingman.com/section/support/videos/videos.html

Good luck with your piolt.

Damon234
08-26-2006, 05:29 PM
it cost 400 because
gun was 189$
24" snipe barrel for 72$
view loader "electric" 40$
hair trigger from neighbor for 100$
just about 400$

btw i fixed it the retaining spring was bent
ty splaturout

splaturout
08-26-2006, 06:31 PM
your welcome....and everything I have learned I have got from this forum! This is going to be the best asset you have next to Otters site.

pman15
08-26-2006, 06:33 PM
eh,honestly,who ever sold it to you pretty much jipped u.first a pilot online isnt even 189$.second,i 24 inch barrel is a waste since its not givin u any more better accuaracy than its stock one.all it is doing is wasting co2.i suggest a 12-14 inch.third wich "electric loader".eh i better not go on about the hair trigger.overall u got jipped,he pretty much "brived you" into buyin the gun with 2 ups and a hopper.buy from d next time.

splaturout
08-26-2006, 06:41 PM
seriously...don't say that to people...at least they got involved in the sport...who cares if they got raked...they will learn that after they do research...have you NEVER been taken for anything in life? We all have. I appluade you for buying a good gun and welcome to a sport that will drain your wallet but make you happy to do so!

pman15
08-26-2006, 06:51 PM
seriously...don't say that to people...at least they got involved in the sport...who cares if they got raked...they will learn that after they do research...have you NEVER been taken for anything in life? We all have. I appluade you for buying a good gun and welcome to a sport that will drain your wallet but make you happy to do so!

i'm not yelling at him or anything,i was just saying what was the truth and also sayin to other people that that kind of stuff isnt a very good price

pb34
08-26-2006, 06:58 PM
Not to hijack the thread or anything, but what is a hair trigger?

splaturout
08-26-2006, 06:59 PM
a trigger made of hair

No it is just a really sensitive trigger that doesn't require mush movment or pressure to shoot. Only takes a hair to fire is the principle behind it.

pb34
08-26-2006, 07:05 PM
o ok thanks.

bamf-hacker
08-26-2006, 10:21 PM
OK guys stop flaming this guy... What he paid for his equipment is not of our concern. He came here for help and that is what he is looking for.

Thanks to those that answered and helped.

OH and welcome to the boards!