PDA

View Full Version : hockey or no hockey

xtraking
08-25-2006, 09:14 PM
Okay guys i had this decision last year and decided nto to play... but its coming again and i dont know. First off, hockey was life to me since i was 5 and that was my childhood... i didnt have many friends from school, i always had hockey friends, and know so many people through the sport of hockey all over the east coast. BUt anyways... i made varsity asa freshman, im not bragging but i was pretty damn good. WHen i stoppde playing it was liek David stopped hockey? what? thats unheard of... but my reasoning was because of school which was very hard for me last year cus i had 8 very tough classes (soph) and now im entering junior year with another very hard schedule but only 7 classes now.
I think id be able to manage my time enough to where i can still pull off very good grades and play hockey. But... theres a twist of me not playing hockey too... it would be easier for me and my girlfriend to go out (been a year with her) and i know it sounds foolish to "giveup" a spotr, but im not really giving it up because of her its more school, but she is definatly in my mind... and i know we would break up if i do play so i dont know what to do.

Im not asking for you to pick for me just help me thik things through with your own experiences and general input.
and yeah i rambled on alot but whatever hah

TL;DR- Do i play hockey for my junior year or no?

Dave

TheRedBarron
08-25-2006, 09:41 PM
do it /thread

DyNasty9
08-25-2006, 09:44 PM
i say go for it. i hear with the gf situation, the last 6 months of my life have been devoted to baseball everyday, and on top of that my gf goes on vaction practically everyother week. so it was really hard for us to get to see each other.(we've been going out for 8 months btw) i think if you talk to her about it she should understand. just tell her you want to play hockey and still keep seeing her.

vwjimmy
08-25-2006, 09:48 PM
I vote for hockey!!!!!!
When you are ready for college, take a look at my program!
www.ukhockey.com

Hossy
08-25-2006, 09:49 PM
do it if u love the sport....

leed
08-25-2006, 09:55 PM
I would go for it, no reason not to. For me, I would have made varsity freshman year if it weren't for my health problems and my disability to run long distance during practice - yet during games, I could run for ever.

Anywho, with your Girlfriend, if she's your girlfriend, she'll understand why you need/want to play hockey. If she's not, then you'll have to understand that it's life, you will pick up and drop off girls here and there, some you will feel, at some point, were "the one" and others you won't. Clearly, as far as I know and am concerned, this girl has been a large part of your current life. But there are always more, you are a P.I.M.P. remember? LOL, but really, I don't think she will drop you, and unless you see dire need to, you won't either.

You can always drop out later, start playing, if you see a major problem, then pull out. Despite the costs, getting into a good college will get you your money back in no time. 600 dollars is a lot now, but it's not that much when it comes to terms of your education vs your money. This is, of course, my personal opinion, of course, you will probably want to save your money, but you have to learn sometime. Maybe not this time, maybe next year.

xtraking
08-25-2006, 09:59 PM
okay thanks guys... girlfriend has not as much importance in this as much as school though. I was talking to her earleir and she said she would not want to go otu wiht me if i played hockey... so im kind of just forgetting about her if she wouldn't go out with me jsut becasue i wont be able to talk to her as much as i do now but oh well. I always planned to play hockey in college, like that was my dream but im just not sure now... to be honest im leaning more to hockey but im not positive. Its not like its at my school, i have to go to practice sometimes an hour away from my house and sometimes i dont get home till 9 (thats usual ) but if i really want to play and do good in school, i can always do as much homework as i can after school and before practice. I dont know i still got some time to think but thanks for the opinions.

MadMan66
08-25-2006, 10:26 PM
do it, you got 4 years of high school and after that (if you don't make a college team) your playing days are over!

shunut
08-26-2006, 07:07 AM
I think we talked about this last night in chat. I'm going to say this again:

Never, ever pass up the opportunity to do something you love! Life is too fragile and you never know what tomorrow is going to bring.

paintballer5646
08-26-2006, 07:30 AM
I say do it, I wasn't going to play hockey this year but then I was like "Well I only have four years to play high school hockey, and the rest of my life to snowboard and hang out with friends."

thechubbss12
08-26-2006, 07:36 AM
Ehh im going to bring something diffrent to the table.... Most people here know that i played football for 10 years.... and recently quit because me and my coach made an aggrement for me to turn in my gear....

I loved the sport and was even a Captin on the team... Although since i have quit i have not missed it like i though i would... Im actuly more satisfied with my life, and have time to do things with my GF and do things i actuly WANTED to do, like playing more paintball, going to concerts, holding a job... Because when in football i planned my life around it... It now that i think about it was one of the worst things i could have done with my life...

Now this is the part that i give you advice.... Do what you feel you want to do.. if you want to have a life then choose not to play... if you want your life to be hockey then play....

bamf-hacker
08-26-2006, 09:55 PM
100% all for playing hockey!!!

Do what you love!

timmyshoota
08-27-2006, 09:28 AM
I know how you feel about your girlfriend, but if she's going to be that selfish, then you should do likewise. If she breaks up with you, she will realize how stupid and selfish she was being.

I played sports year round in high school. I didn't get a break at all. I'd start volleyball before school, then basketball would start the week after volleyball ended, and then lacrosse started the week of states for basketball, so I got no breaks. I understand how hard it is to juggle school, sports and having a life, but there are sacrifices. You really need to get back to playing hockey. I almost stopped playing volleyball my junior year after back to back all conference seasons. It would of been the biggest mistake I had made because my junior and senior years we had the best seasons in the past 10 years at the school. The winning feeling is unmatched. I remember my sophomore season when we won states in lacrosse. I was so nervous before the game, but after the game ended it was the greatest feeling. The best is that now when I go back to my high school, there's a banner hanging in the gym. Its the ONLY lacrosse banner there and probably will stay the only one.

Sandman_Bravo
08-27-2006, 10:23 AM
Hockey>Universe

pb34
08-27-2006, 10:25 AM
Keep with hockey. As others have said, if your girlfriend is selfish enough to make you stop doing something you love then she doesn't deserve to be your girlfriend.

Painguin
09-11-2006, 12:57 PM
I knwo this is old, but i havent been on in a looooooong time, ever since the forums were move di haent been as regular, hockey pretty much sucked me out of the world of paintball the last year i was going to buy a new gun but well new hockey equipment ate the funds up . i think u should go with the hockey tho, i did and i dont regret it. i still paintball but not as much.