PDA

View Full Version : Impluse Laziness Weakness

splaturout
08-25-2006, 04:35 PM
So I was wonder how many people in here pay more for something because of convinence regularly.

For instance and the reason for the post: I just went to the Liquor Store :D and bought a nice bottle of the Captian and wanted to get some Coke. So I grab a 2 liter and it is $1.89. That is a high charge but I pay it because it is there. Now the laziness factor -There is a gas station about 100ft. across the parking lot from the strip mall that the liquor store is in. I am sure I could get the same 2 liter there for $.99 - $1.19 there instead.

How many people do something like this and know you can get it cheaper elsewhere for a little more work and what is it?

Hossy
08-25-2006, 04:37 PM
I do

durrell
08-25-2006, 05:08 PM
I do it all the time..I'll pay 3 cent more per gallon of gas just to go to a gas station that's easy to get in and out of.

marvin-martian
08-25-2006, 05:14 PM
you use coke? want to go get your pjs on while your mom makes cookies for you and your friends too?

splaturout
08-25-2006, 05:19 PM
I am in my PJs, my best friend is here (my wife), the kid is finally sleeping and i don't plan on getting hammered so some cookies would be nice too. You gonna bring some over? I really like peanut butter cookies!

vwjimmy
08-25-2006, 05:43 PM
I am in my PJs, my best friend is here (my wife), the kid is finally sleeping and i don't plan on getting hammered so some cookies would be nice too. You gonna bring some over? I really like peanut butter cookies!
LOL!!!!
Nothing wrong with a mixer!!!!!!
My wife and I are trying to stay away from the cookies though!!!!!
Anyway, I buy stuff out of convenience too.....wish I didn't though!
Ever wonder when you are surfing B/S/T to save a buck or two how many more $$$ you would have if you didn't!!! :D

DisIsMyUsername
08-25-2006, 09:09 PM
Well I think I did the complete opposite today..

I was on my way home and I was on empty for the past 15 miles and I flew past a couple of gas stations on my way home just cause I kno that there's a BP near my house that offers a reasonable amount cheaper. The entire way home I saw 2.97ish and when I got to the BP they were at 2.89.. I was so happy that I filled my tank..

Maybe I shoulda put 10 bucks and waited until next week and the gas woulda been a bit cheaper.....wait what am I thinkin.... :dodgy: It's not getting cheaper...

Moe
08-25-2006, 10:12 PM
Where the hell is the kusa chat? im sauced up and I need people totalk to. ugh. come on now. Im a lazy ass who likes to drink and have funwhatabout you guys>.//?? I dontkt no know what thisthread is about..

shunut
08-26-2006, 06:05 AM
I'm so lazy I just don't go buy alcohol anymore :wink:

thechubbss12
08-26-2006, 06:24 AM
Im cheap... in good shape... im willing to talk the extra 1000 feet to save 50 cents LOL...

TheRedBarron
08-26-2006, 07:15 AM
Time is money. The time that it takes me to walk the 1000 ft, find the coke, wait in line, I could be on my way to work to make money. I will spend the extra money for that reason alone.

Hossy
08-26-2006, 07:16 AM
matts rich listen to him

TheRedBarron
08-26-2006, 07:40 AM
Well no, but think about it. Say it takes 10 min total to walk find item and a decently long wait in line. All for what 50 cents? By buying the more expensive product at the store you are already at, you can get to work 10 min sooner, even at a min wage (6.75 here in maine) you are making money on your decision 10 minutes equates to a 1.12 at 6.75 an hour. so even if you only saved 5 minutes you are still making more than you would have saved by going over there.

splaturout
08-26-2006, 08:06 AM
except I am on my way home and don't get paid by the hour. If you are salary then it doesn't matter...also if you are 100% commission it doesn't matter. So that thinking is only applied to hourly wage employees. To me...I just rather be on my way instead of waiting or going to the other store to find the item. My time is worth more to me.

TheRedBarron
08-26-2006, 08:11 AM
It works with salary as well if you are not working you are not making your company money and if your company is not making money then you in turn are not making money. It has its way of coming around to you in the end.

I understand that you are on your way home, and I would also like to state that the extra 5-10 min with family is worth WAY more than the money you saved.

splaturout
08-26-2006, 08:13 AM
I understand that you are on your way home, and I would also like to state that the extra 5-10 min with family is worth WAY more than the money you saved.

AGREED!!!!!

vwjimmy
08-26-2006, 09:00 AM
except I am on my way home and don't get paid by the hour. If you are salary then it doesn't matter...also if you are 100% commission it doesn't matter. So that thinking is only applied to hourly wage employees. To me...I just rather be on my way instead of waiting or going to the other store to find the item. My time is worth more to me.
The more you work...the more you make...period. Commission only pays when you are working...salary sure will not increase if you don't provide value for the person who pays it. I own my shop, and I have commission, salary, and hourly employees and I can tell you that only the ones that work hard succeed.....they value my time, as well as there own...

splaturout
08-26-2006, 09:12 AM
I own my own business so I get paid when I need to. Depending on your position each type of payment will fit in. You don't want your rainmakers getting salary or they won't work as hard, and you don't want the receptionist to get a salary because there is no motivation to be on time or stay late. Each positions has its rewards and pitfalls.

And the more I work the more I get paid is not true. I am the boss...I have set in place a business model that allows me not to work and I still get paid more and more each year. It is all in how you think, act, and impliment your stategies. Business is easy....getting started is the catch.

Anyways...this is about what people spend more money on rather than working a little harder and saving some pennies.

vikingshadow
08-26-2006, 09:35 AM
I only impulse buy nudie mags, alcohol and cigars......

:dodgy: for dang sure because I'd get in trouble otherwise!

splaturout
08-26-2006, 09:37 AM
Rofl!!

Paradox313
08-26-2006, 07:35 PM
im pretty bad
when im done with the TP i leave it on the dispenser then i just get a new roll and wait for someone to put it back on the dispenser.
when im doing my buisness i could be changing the roll, but i decided to do OTHER business instead:cool: