PDA

View Full Version : My MR2 (so far)

pbgrandpa
08-25-2006, 02:06 PM
What do you think of it so far? I want to get the M-16 mag for it and I have the new feed neck pre ordered for it also. It shoots really well and the barrel added a little distance but isn't anymore accurate than the stock one. But I thought it looked good. http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/979/mr22es2.jpg

DRAGON
08-25-2006, 02:14 PM
tricked meing......nice -

Maxx-Damage
08-25-2006, 02:23 PM
Cool,What stock is that? And Where did u get it? And is that the Apex Barrel

pbgrandpa
08-25-2006, 02:28 PM
Cool,What stock is that? And Where did u get it? And is that the Apex BarrelThe stock is the Proteam F/X Commando. Got it at Octane Gear. The barrel is a BT but not the Apex. Got it at AV.

Maxx-Damage
08-25-2006, 02:33 PM
Hmm cool i might get the apex for mine:)

pbgrandpa
08-25-2006, 02:39 PM
I thought about the Apex but wanted the military look so I went with this one instead.

Maxx-Damage
08-25-2006, 02:43 PM
U still can have the military look cause Bt has The M-16 apex barrel (http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=CeVkpVqRED9k2h5-Z1ukDVA3dy2YUYPbQa0=?ProductID=IcjAqArbWt4AAAEMNXf 6Yfm0)

pbgrandpa
08-25-2006, 02:49 PM
U still can have the military look cause Bt has The M-16 apex barrel (http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=CeVkpVqRED9k2h5-Z1ukDVA3dy2YUYPbQa0=?ProductID=IcjAqArbWt4AAAEMNXf 6Yfm0)I guess I should have said I didn't want to pay the X-tra $40.

wylde01
08-25-2006, 03:26 PM
looks nice, how much did the stock for it cost?

pbgrandpa
08-25-2006, 03:40 PM
looks nice, how much did the stock for it cost?It was $59 and shipping. A little on the pricey side, but put together really well.

vwjimmy
08-25-2006, 04:50 PM
Looks great R....as usual!!!!

pbgrandpa
08-25-2006, 04:57 PM
Looks great R....as usual!!!!Thanks J. Just put my laser on it. It's really starting to come along well :D

Ace24
10-01-2006, 10:43 PM
Copy cat.... :dodgy:

That is totally what I was going to do to my MR1 lol. I just havnt had the money to do it. Looking good though. I dont think I will spend as much money on looks anymore though. I'm going to do some self mods, get a q-loader, red dot, and probably drop the whole idea for the foregrip like you have. Idk... I'll see.

pbgrandpa
10-02-2006, 05:48 AM
I've had this project in the back of my head ever since the MR2 came out. It's just taken all this time for the after market parts to start showing up. Hopefully it will look totally M-16 by the end of the month. Besides Sara needs a little competition(Bamf)

bamf-hacker
10-02-2006, 05:52 AM
Sara pwns all :)

Nice looking marker grandpa you can bring her on the field with Sara anytime :)

pbgrandpa
10-02-2006, 11:02 AM
Looks like we'll have to give it a name if we ever meet Sara. Sara's pretty sweet looking so we're gonna have to dress up nice.

Maxx-Damage
10-02-2006, 11:47 AM
pbgranpa-U said u wanted the M-16 look, Heres a M-16 (http://www.octanegear.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=3402) style expansion chamber i think u might like. But it may require some mods.....

pbgrandpa
10-02-2006, 12:26 PM
pbgranpa-U said u wanted the M-16 look, Heres a M-16 (http://www.octanegear.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=3402) style expansion chamber i think u might like. But it may require some mods.....That's the one I was originally going to go with but I didn't want it hanging from the body, so I got the AK mag to fit flush. There wasn't that much difference between the two other than the AK mag has a little more curve to it.

Ace24
10-02-2006, 01:07 PM
That clip expansion chamber is expencive...

pbgrandpa
10-02-2006, 01:16 PM
That clip expansion chamber is expencive...Yea, about the same as a good reg. But I believe I'm gonna be stuck with CO2 and a remote to be able to manuever around freely

Hob Hayward
10-02-2006, 04:07 PM
Does the MR2 have a vert ASA, or is the airline attachment the smaller metric airline threading?

If its standard ASA, that Mag looks like it'd fit.

Anywho, looks awesome... Hope it shoots well!

pbgrandpa
10-02-2006, 04:22 PM
Does the MR2 have a vert ASA, or is the airline attachment the smaller metric airline threading?

Anywho, looks awesome... Hope it shoots well!I'm not sure for I haven't taken it apart yet.My mag should be here by thurs. and I'll take it apart then and let you know.

pbgrandpa
10-04-2006, 04:16 PM

Anywho, looks awesome... Hope it shoots well!Got my mag today and installed it. Yes Hob it has a VA. Now if my new hand guards get here I'll be finished and can post some pics.

newkid
10-04-2006, 05:36 PM
sweeet

Taillo
10-06-2006, 01:34 PM
Can you explain to me how the proteam f/x stock attaches to the marker please?

pbgrandpa
10-06-2006, 02:46 PM
Can you explain to me how the proteam f/x stock attaches to the marker please?Sure---it mounts the same way the factory stock does.

pbgrandpa
10-07-2006, 06:34 AM
Well here it is with all the up grades. Tell me what you think guys. I'm still up in the air about CO2 or HPA. I mounted the 68/4500 on it and it's a little to far toward the back of the gun. Suggestions are welcome.http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/4522/mr22cb0.jpg

newkid
10-07-2006, 06:56 AM
WOW!! that looks awsome!!!

Maxx-Damage
10-07-2006, 06:58 AM
That is NICE:cool:, Its looks like it went together smoothly, execpt the rail.

Alien
10-07-2006, 02:36 PM
ur mag is it the ak-47 one?

pbgrandpa
10-07-2006, 02:38 PM
ur mag is it the ak-47 one?yes it is.

Hob Hayward
10-07-2006, 06:06 PM
Wow, that came out awesome!

Co2 w/ remote ftw :)

pbgrandpa
10-08-2006, 08:06 AM
Thanks for the comments guys. I appreciate your opinons.

Taillo
10-08-2006, 12:20 PM
I think all the M-4 , M-16 kits for the Tippman A5 or other markers does not look as good as the ones built with the mr series.

Just compare:
Automag: http://www.rap4.com/images/68customs/m4automagcustomright1.jpg
M98: http://www.rap4.com/images/tippmann/tippmann_98_custom.jpg
A5: http://www.eastgatedesign.com/images/newM4MAX1.jpg

Even if the A5 has every piece to add to the look, like the mag kit, its not close enough because the main body is designed too similar to a MP5 and G3 series.

Your ( MR4 ) is the coolest and most M4 looking i ever seen, congrats.
Im doing the same thing with my MR1, and ill be posting image as soon as i get the pieces, but it may take a few weeks.

A friend of mine is planning on making his MR1 look like a Thompson smg, i think it will look great.

Anyone has some other gun kit ideas?

pbgrandpa
10-08-2006, 01:03 PM
I think all the M-4 , M-16 kits for the Tippman A5 or other markers does not look as good as the ones built with the mr series.

Just compare:
Automag: http://www.rap4.com/images/68customs/m4automagcustomright1.jpg
M98: http://www.rap4.com/images/tippmann/tippmann_98_custom.jpg
A5: http://www.eastgatedesign.com/images/newM4MAX1.jpg

Even if the A5 has every piece to add to the look, like the mag kit, its not close enough because the main body is designed too similar to a MP5 and G3 series.

Your ( MR4 ) is the coolest and most M4 looking i ever seen, congrats.
Im doing the same thing with my MR1, and ill be posting image as soon as i get the pieces, but it may take a few weeks.

A friend of mine is planning on making his MR1 look like a Thompson smg, i think it will look great.

Anyone has some other gun kit ideas?I was going to go with the Tippman originally--but just couldn't make myself buy one:thumbdown:. I'm happy with the MR2. I like you think it looks much better. Definatley get some pics up of your MR1 when you get it finished. I might do one the AK-47 way if I can find the time

bamf-hacker
10-09-2006, 08:20 AM
looking grandpa!!!

Now you can bring her/him to meet Sara :)

RomeNYRR
10-10-2006, 06:02 PM
lookin really nice :) ; cant wait to see the end product, just add a M203 add on and your all set ;)

pbgrandpa
10-12-2006, 05:27 AM
lookin really nice :) ; cant wait to see the end product, just add a M203 add on and your all set ;)The M203 will probably be the last add on. There's a few more small one's that I want to get first.:)

new_Faction64
10-21-2006, 01:28 PM
U still can have the military look cause Bt has The M-16 apex barrel (http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=CeVkpVqRED9k2h5-Z1ukDVA3dy2YUYPbQa0=?ProductID=IcjAqArbWt4AAAEMNXf 6Yfm0)

Yeah if you can find it :(

EDIT: wow i'm a moron.

pbgrandpa
10-21-2006, 01:51 PM
Well all my new parts have finally made it here. Now it's off to the the machine shop for a little milling to get that perfect fit. Just wish I could get it finished for the OTM. Maybe next month.:D

Maxx-Damage
10-21-2006, 03:51 PM
Yeah if you can find it :(
Do u mean that the link doesnt work? If not just go to paintballgear.com(samething as actionvillage.com) Click on barrels and go to BT barrels. They also have an Ak-47 shrouded apex barrel.:)

Cant wait to see what it looks like Pbgrandpa.

new_Faction64
10-21-2006, 09:12 PM
Do u mean that the link doesnt work? If not just go to paintballgear.com(samething as actionvillage.com) Click on barrels and go to BT barrels. They also have an Ak-47 shrouded apex barrel.:)

Cant wait to see what it looks like Pbgrandpa.

My bad :( I had looked for them a few months ago with no success, I'll check it out again.

Although, IIRC they are more expensive than plain Apex's..

new_Faction64
10-21-2006, 09:19 PM
Grandpa, I'd really suggest a remote. It won't look nor feel right with a tank on and having a stock. I've used the standard MR2 stock w/ a tank, and it just doesn't look or feel right, and it's very heavy. Although, I haven't gotten a remote yet.

Anyway,

I don't like the Trinity mag....I'd like if it wasn't an x-chamber, cause then it messes w/ regs.

pbgrandpa
10-22-2006, 04:49 AM
Grandpa, I'd really suggest a remote. It won't look nor feel right with a tank on and having a stock. I've used the standard MR2 stock w/ a tank, and it just doesn't look or feel right, and it's very heavy. Although, I haven't gotten a remote yet.

Anyway,

I don't like the Trinity mag....I'd like if it wasn't an x-chamber, cause then it messes w/ regs.I'll probablly use a remote--with everything I"ve added it"s getting a little heavy. Even with the stock fully extented it doesen"t shoulder well with the tank on it.

bigben6
10-23-2006, 05:50 PM
OMG!! That is the coolest thing I've ever seen. That inspires me to modify my MR2 the same way, well similarly. I didn't know they made so many mods for the MR2. I'm glad to know the BT M-16 barrel will fit in the shroud, so I assume the M-16 Apex will too.

Maxx-Damage
10-23-2006, 06:17 PM
the bt M-16 Apex should fit, if u can wait until X-mas i can tell u then.:)

new_Faction64
10-23-2006, 06:30 PM
It Even Has The Charge Bar! Yeah Mr2!!!!

PBGrandpa, does the M-16 foregrip of the barrel seem removeable? How is the barrel itself? Any accurate?

pbgrandpa
10-23-2006, 07:26 PM
OMG!! That is the coolest thing I've ever seen. That inspires me to modify my MR2 the same way, well similarly. I didn't know they made so many mods for the MR2. I'm glad to know the BT M-16 barrel will fit in the shroud, so I assume the M-16 Apex will too.Yes the m-16 apex should fit nicely. The foregrips are removeable. I had to take mine off to adjust the front sight. There's an adjustment on the back also to get everything lined up as well. As far as accuracy it's OK.

new_Faction64
10-24-2006, 04:14 AM
Yes the m-16 apex should fit nicely. The foregrips are removeable. I had to take mine off to adjust the front sight. There's an adjustment on the back also to get everything lined up as well. As far as accuracy it's OK.

Hmm, so may be you could put different barrels in it?

pbgrandpa
10-24-2006, 04:30 AM
Hmm, so may be you could put different barrels in it?Unfortunately no. The barrel has a weird step in it where the back locking collar for the hand guards attaches.:mad: That's why I got the new hand guards.

bigben6
10-31-2006, 01:05 PM
So I couldn't put my J&J Ceramic 16in inside the grips? Also, where did you get the sight rail and did anything take much modifing to make your parts fit the gun?

pbgrandpa
10-31-2006, 02:34 PM
So I couldn't put my J&J Ceramic 16in inside the grips? Also, where did you get the sight rail and did anything take much modifing to make your parts fit the gun?Your J&J will fit inside the hand guards you would just need to figure out a way to build up the back of the barrel so the hand guard cap would fit. It's a little bigger in Dia. then the front sight and cap. The only part I had to have machined was the barrel to get the mock silencer to fit. I'll be posting up some new pics when I get the new feed neck on it. I got most of my parts from RAP4.com and Octane gear.com

Nuwisha
11-01-2006, 04:06 PM
Look pretty good pbgrandpa!!

Heres one of my setups:
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-10/1221131/2006_08290069.JPG

I know it would look better with a magazine of some sort, but hard to justify the cost when you aren't using CO2....

I also play with it stripped down to just the qloader, no stock, no sights... thats for when I don't want to carry all the weight.

pbgrandpa
11-01-2006, 06:34 PM
Nuwisha, I really like your setup-looks great. I wanted to get the Q-loader but had a new Reloader B and just could'nt see buying another loader. Did you have any trouble with double feeding? I should have pics up by this weekend of mine all finished.You have a great looking marker.

Ace24
11-02-2006, 12:00 PM
I'm trying to figure out what I am going to do witht the MR1 project I am planning on. The shoulder stock that you have PBGrandpa is the kind I want to get. It sits so nicely and flush on it. I am trying to figure out how I am going to do the red dot sight though. I might have someone mill out the side and put a side cocking bolt in. Wich would solve the problem completely, I could put the same raised sight rail you and Nuwisha have and avoid putting in a rear cocking bolt.

The problem is, would any side cocking bolt fit in the MR1? Spyder bolts all are the same in diameter right? Just different designs/airflow?

Ugh. See if I get the MR2, I can avoid the bolt problem. But I dont want the E-trigger. It is so moist, and rainy here, and there is always mud. I get belly deep in the mud when playing and when I was using my Fenix for it, mud would get in the e-frame and I fried the origonal board.

I could get a MR2 body, MR1 trigger frame... but I like the MR1's body design better. If I got the MR2 I would to buy one of those AK-47 Expansion chambers, then the Q-loader wouldnt fit around it. I would have to mill into the chamber. UGH!

So complicated. So confused... Maybe I'll just get my machienist friend to make me a custom rail similar to the MR3's.

Maxx-Damage
11-02-2006, 01:50 PM
Ace- Hold all of the MR guns and see if u even like them. Im considering getting a MR1 as a back up gun and getting the red dot scope witha raised mount. ANd for mounting the Q-loader get a Direct mount and not worry about the mounting issue.

pbgrandpa
11-03-2006, 09:42 AM
Well I think i've finished with it but you can never tell. I decieded to go with the remote because it's just too bulky with the tank on the gun. The machine shop did an excellent job turning the barrel for me and everything fit perfectly. The SPPS feedneck was also a perfect fit. KUDO's to the guy's there as well. It's been fun doing this project and I think the end result turned out pretty good. What do you guys think????http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/6617/assault1nk9.jpg

Hob Hayward
11-03-2006, 12:10 PM
AWESOME! Though you might want to get a shoter hose, it looks pinched.

Nuwisha
11-03-2006, 12:18 PM
The final (near final?) version looks great! Love the surpressor!

Yes I did have problems with double feeding. Solved it by using an MR1 bolt.

Later i'll probably get a bolt and striker from alamocitypb as part of a low pressure project.

*NOTE* MR1 and MR2 gripsets are not interchangeable

Maxx-Damage
11-03-2006, 12:28 PM
Nice job. Really it awesome.:)

SpudmanWP
11-03-2006, 12:41 PM
The SPPS feedneck was also a perfect fit.

Can you do a test. Try to rotate the feedneck so it points down. Do all the holes (yeah I know one of them is missing) line up? Will it feed?

SundragonPPS
11-04-2006, 01:46 PM
Well I think i've finished with it but you can never tell. I decieded to go with the remote because it's just too bulky with the tank on the gun. The machine shop did an excellent job turning the barrel for me and everything fit perfectly. The SPPS feedneck was also a perfect fit. KUDO's to the guy's there as well. It's been fun doing this project and I think the end result turned out pretty good. What do you guys think????http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/6617/assault1nk9.jpg

my god! that's one hell of an mr my friend. i'm jealous! did you expect the feedneck not to fit ha ha? that's simply beautiful, kudo's!

Ace24
11-04-2006, 02:17 PM
*Orgasm*

I say VIDEO! NOW! Or let me play with her/him/it. :)

That is a monster MR2. Now that should be put in the OTM contest. :) God I am jealous. You made my dream a reality... :( and beat me to building it... :( But you still dont have a q-loader on it like I'm going to do so NEH!

pbgrandpa
11-04-2006, 07:57 PM
my god! that's one hell of an mr my friend. i'm jealous! did you expect the feedneck not to fit ha ha? that's simply beautiful, kudo's!Thanks for the kind words SPPS. Never had a doubt about the feedneck. Everything I've purchased from you has been top notch,and fit perfectly.:D Can't wait to see what you have for us next........Ace your gonna have to get on the ball---can't believe you let the old man beat you building one of these. Have fun doing it when you get around to it.

Alien
11-05-2006, 01:47 PM
where did you buy the stock you put on ur gun pbgrandpa

pbgrandpa
11-05-2006, 02:04 PM
Alien---got it at OctaneGear.com. Got the mag. there too

vwjimmy
11-05-2006, 02:15 PM
Looks great R.....
With you, we knew it would :)

pbgrandpa
11-05-2006, 02:35 PM
Thanks J. This is one I will never sell. I've had more fun with this one than any other one I've done. Just got back from shooting it for the 1st time with the new feedneck. Was getting some ball breaks in the plastic elbow--w/this new feedneck it's smooth as silk. Maybe I can get Bamf to help me with a video. Thanks again J

TequilaSun1022
11-06-2006, 03:12 PM
Haha it's been along time since i've been here. I've been hittin the gridiron the last couple of months. I don't mean to make ya'll jealous but, i shot this gun and I'll be the first to tell you that i've never shot anything like it. It's a lil uncomfortable to hold by the barrel , but holding it by the magazine was better. This thing has to weigh as much as your standard military issue assault rifle. A remote is a must for it. We joked about how it sounds. It sounds jus like dropping a dime into a can. Overall this thing was unbelievable. Shot like a dream. You could knock a fly off a tree limb with it's accuracy. Don't know when i'll be back , but i'll prolly be reviewing one of my grandpa's guns from hell. I'll be adding this to my "most feared" list.

Alien
11-06-2006, 04:52 PM
here is my MR2 im have just started modifing it.if u can suggest me something do it

http://img488.imageshack.us/img488/1604/photo003pn0.jpg

pbgrandpa
11-06-2006, 05:06 PM
here is my MR2 im have just started modifing it.if u can suggest me something do it

http://img488.imageshack.us/img488/1604/photo003pn0.jpg Basically it was just personal preference with me. Once I got started I couldn't quit till I finished it. I would definately get the feedneck from SPPS,and a stock of your likeing. Then just on from there with the rest of it as you have the money and the time. If you'd like I can give you a list of the upgrades I did where I purchased them and the cost of each one.

wylde01
11-06-2006, 07:08 PM
hey pbgrandpa, could you pm the list to me? ive been thinking for a long time on what to do with my gun but never had the time or money! im gonna get to it real soon though (seein as how christmas isnt to long away)

thanks

pbgrandpa
11-07-2006, 01:31 AM
hey pbgrandpa, could you pm the list to me? ive been thinking for a long time on what to do with my gun but never had the time or money! im gonna get to it real soon though (seein as how christmas isnt to long away)

thanksI'd be happy to. Have to go to work now so when I get back home I'll send it to you.

Alien
11-07-2006, 04:32 AM
yea pbgrandpa you could give me the price and everything . but for the feedneck I tried with SPPS and his not patient... Im from Canada and when I was suposed to buy i dont have the founds ... anyway .One questions pb with the barrels ,do you have accuracy or is it just for the look ?

pbgrandpa
11-08-2006, 05:33 AM
yea pbgrandpa you could give me the price and everything . but for the feedneck I tried with SPPS and his not patient... Im from Canada and when I was suposed to buy i dont have the founds ... anyway .One questions pb with the barrels ,do you have accuracy or is it just for the look ?PMed you and wylde01 with the list. Didn't include the prices for fear of scarring you. As far as accurracy on the barrel it's really good.

wylde01
11-08-2006, 03:34 PM
thanks for the list. i will probably get the stock and ex-chamber, but dont know yet about the other things in the list

P.S.
as i was looking on the sites i saw some of the prices and it did start to scare me!

Hossy
11-11-2006, 08:56 PM
hey Pbgrandpa, i sent you a PM asking a few questions, if possible, could you send me the lists above (if you still have them) and the prices too?

thanks

pbgrandpa
11-12-2006, 05:10 AM
Hossy sent PM's

SilentAssassin
11-12-2006, 09:55 AM
is that a suppressor on the end of your barrel? if so where did you get it?

pbgrandpa
11-12-2006, 10:28 AM
yes it's a mock suppressor. RAP4.com is where i picked it up

SilentAssassin
11-12-2006, 10:40 AM
Cool..Thanks!

new_Faction64
11-12-2006, 11:15 AM
Cool..Thanks!

Just a note: real suppresors are illegal, unless you go through the process to legally get one.

Hossy
11-12-2006, 11:17 AM
All Hail the Grandfather! :bow:

now i have commited to makeing a milsim gun, after seeing yours and Ms. Sara

MVS1
11-12-2006, 05:42 PM
Grandpa; that is one sweet lookn MilSim...What is the overall length on the barrel?

pbgrandpa
11-12-2006, 06:02 PM
Grandpa; that is one sweet lookn MilSim...What is the overall length on the barrel?Thanks for the comment MVS1. Overall length 18" with the m/silencer. Say Hossy...thought you were going to do a MR1or2??? Good luck with the Ion.

Hossy
11-12-2006, 06:21 PM
yeah idk yet, bamf has gott me saying ion.
it really depends how the funds come through

new_Faction64
11-12-2006, 08:23 PM
yeah idk yet, bamf has gott me saying ion.
it really depends how the funds come through

Don't forget that the Ion must have compressed air, it cannot run on normal C02 (unless it's anti-siphoned) otherwise it can destroy the marker.

pbgrandpa
11-13-2006, 12:45 PM
Well my Q-loader came today. So let's see if we can get this mounted and working.{without to much cussing}

SilentAssassin
11-13-2006, 01:58 PM
let me know how it turns out cause im gonna buy one as well for my MR2. Where did you get yours, dont know of any other place besides their actual website and ebay. im bidding on ebay as we speak for one.

pbgrandpa
11-13-2006, 02:03 PM
let me know how it turns out cause im gonna buy one as well for my MR2. Where did you get yours, dont know of any other place besides their actual website and ebay. im bidding on ebay as we speak for one.I got mine from a guy on PBnation. RAP4.com sells them. The 2 pod and 5 pod setups. I'll probably get my mounting setup there also.

SilentAssassin
11-13-2006, 02:19 PM
Mounting setup? you mean just the mounting hardware that comes with it wont work?

pbgrandpa
11-13-2006, 02:23 PM
Mounting setup? you mean just the mounting hardware that comes with it wont work?It'll work just not the way I want to mount it.

SilentAssassin
11-13-2006, 02:25 PM
oh ok phew..got scared for a minute. Just purchased the regular 500 kit straight from the dealer since ebay got close to the same price anyway. And when you said mounting kit i was like OH SH**. Ima need a second job soon to pay for all the stuff ive been getting for this gun..lol! Of course thats why im selling stuff in the sales forum..be sure to check it out!

Maxx-Damage
11-13-2006, 05:22 PM
Pbgrandpa- are using the direct mount adapter? And get it mounted soon :)

pbgrandpa
11-13-2006, 06:18 PM
Pbgrandpa- are using the direct mount adapter? And get it mounted soon :)No I'm getting a different mount for it.

darth massacre
11-18-2006, 12:07 AM
Granpa, I'm just curious, have you considered removing the shroud and pulling your handguard/rail system closer to the main reciever? Since you do not already have the old handguard/grip. I see something in the position of the original handguard/grip but can't make out what it is from the pic.

I'm pretty sure your MR2 is the new standard to match. The next few months should prove interesting as we see everyone scramble to reach this level of modding.

Also I've been looking around a little bit - and I think I've seen most of the options MR owners have to create an M4 look. Its doable, and I'm broke!

pbgrandpa
11-18-2006, 09:10 AM
Granpa, I'm just curious, have you considered removing the shroud and pulling your handguard/rail system closer to the main reciever? Since you do not already have the old handguard/grip. I see something in the position of the original handguard/grip but can't make out what it is from the pic.

I'm pretty sure your MR2 is the new standard to match. The next few months should prove interesting as we see everyone scramble to reach this level of modding.

Also I've been looking around a little bit - and I think I've seen most of the options MR owners have to create an M4 look. Its doable, and I'm broke!First I'd like to welcome you to the forums and hope you enjoy your time here as much as I do. I thought about removing the shroud but found a barrel that would fit so i kept it on. Besides i kind of like it. I think what your talking about is the elastic band for the laser on the hand gurads. It just hols the wire in place. I do appreciate your kind comments, but there are some other pretty nice MR's on the forum. Thanks again

zionfreak
11-22-2006, 08:25 PM
Where did u get the stock?

pbgrandpa
11-23-2006, 02:58 AM
Got it here http://www.octanegear.com/

Taillo
11-23-2006, 01:55 PM
Hey grandpa, i told you i was moddin my mr1 also, as soon as i find a digital camera better than mine, im almost ready to post the pics. Only the ccm feedneck left to be delivered, the rest is installed, and im pretty sure i will have a lot of people asking "where can i get this or that"... you have the top mr2, i think i will have the top mr1....

See ya soon.

Hossy
11-23-2006, 02:15 PM
i think i will have the top mr1....

ooo lala a contest. we may have to have just a MR1 contest go out!

keep up the good work modding guys!

pbgrandpa
11-23-2006, 04:44 PM
Hey grandpa, i told you i was moddin my mr1 also, as soon as i find a digital camera better than mine, im almost ready to post the pics. Only the ccm feedneck left to be delivered, the rest is installed, and im pretty sure i will have a lot of people asking "where can i get this or that"... you have the top mr2, i think i will have the top mr1....

See ya soon.Will be looking for those pics. Your gonna love that feedneck, it's super. It's good to see more people tricking out there MR markers. I'm still waiting on my last piece to come. UPS routed it wrong and it's been all over the state of AL.

pbgrandpa
11-23-2006, 04:50 PM
ooo lala a contest. we may have to have just a MR1 contest go out!

keep up the good work modding guys!Hossy , Have you decieded what your going to do? MR or ION ?????

Hossy
11-23-2006, 08:28 PM
Hossy , Have you decieded what your going to do? MR or ION ?????

i dont know, i said that because a few of the people here on AIM have been talking about a new and improved MR1 that they want to build.

all i know is whatever i can get a good deal on the DM is what i will get

Ace24
11-23-2006, 08:43 PM
Hehehe, grandpa. Thanks to you, My MR1 is going to progress faster then expected. :)

pbgrandpa
11-24-2006, 02:02 PM
Hehehe, grandpa. Thanks to you, My MR1 is going to progress faster then expected. :):) I included a few extra goodies in your package :rolleyes:. Can't wait to see it when it's finished.

wylde01
12-01-2006, 08:36 PM
hey grandpa, how well do you like you fx comando stock? i want to get a new stock for my mr2 and look at the one you got. let me know

thanks

pbgrandpa
12-02-2006, 12:16 AM
I really like it. It's built well also so you won't have to worry about it breaking.

pbgrandpa
12-15-2006, 01:08 AM
Well I installed the Vers.C T-board. The install was very simple. If only we had some new grips :(. Hopefully in the near future.

pbgrandpa
12-18-2006, 09:13 PM
Well guys I have put everything on this marker I can think of. The T-board 's working good..got the Q-loader mounted where I wanted it...and my Red Dot came today. I can finally say it's finished and can go play with it now. http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/4943/img0135wk2.jpghttp://img161.imageshack.us/img161/2190/img0136xl6.jpg

darth massacre
12-18-2006, 10:13 PM
I only have one thing to say.

SWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!

Ace24
12-19-2006, 08:25 AM
Beautiful. What mounting unit did you use to mount it to the side of the gun like that?

pbgrandpa
12-19-2006, 08:36 AM
That would be the CMS upgrade. Worked perfect.

yod3r
12-19-2006, 02:13 PM
hey pggrandpa, idk if you hav shot your gun with the qloader on it yet but did you have to change anything to make it work right?

Ace24
12-19-2006, 02:28 PM
Randy... when I get this thing done, I am going to have to play a scenario game with you some time. We can show off our monster MR's and I can give you credit for half the parts LOL. Wouldnt have been able to get this far without your help :)

pbgrandpa
12-19-2006, 02:35 PM
hey pggrandpa, idk if you hav shot your gun with the qloader on it yet but did you have to change anything to make it work right?No I haven't had a chance to shoot it w/ the Q-loader on it yet.Been fighting a bout with the flu the last couple days:(. I have been reading all the problems people have had with it(double feeding) and have changed all the possible problem spots to try and head it off. I did get a set of the new 2nd gen. pods w/the new spring system. There a lot easier to work with. Hopefully by this weekend I'll get to do some testing with it.

yod3r
12-19-2006, 02:39 PM
ok well whenever you get a chance tell me if it works fine and also could you tell me the things you did to it before you played that would assure it should work right?

pbgrandpa
12-19-2006, 02:56 PM
Randy... when I get this thing done, I am going to have to play a scenario game with you some time. We can show off our monster MR's and I can give you credit for half the parts LOL. Wouldnt have been able to get this far without your help :)That would be great. I've got a couple acres out back that the grandkids and i play on. I need a team mate for the G-kids gang up on me. I can't wait to see yours when it's finish. Everyone needs a little help now and then, I was more than happy to help.

pbgrandpa
12-19-2006, 03:09 PM
ok well whenever you get a chance tell me if it works fine and also could you tell me the things you did to it before you played that would assure it should work right?yod3r,I changed the bolt(AlomoCityw/o-ring)and I put a stiffer dentent in. It never did dbl.feed but w/the q-loader I wanted to make sure. I had read w/the ACS bolt the q-loader would push the bolt back and feed 2 balls,that's why I changed it. That and blow back thru the feed neck is now non-existant.

yod3r
12-19-2006, 03:33 PM
ok thanx pb, im thinking that the alamo city low blow bolt will be the next thing i buy for my gun(i was already planning to buy the stiffer detent) which bolt do you think would be better tho, the low blow bolt or the other one

pbgrandpa
12-19-2006, 04:11 PM
ok thanx pb, im thinking that the alamo city low blow bolt will be the next thing i buy for my gun(i was already planning to buy the stiffer detent) which bolt do you think would be better tho, the low blow bolt or the other oneI didn't care for the low blow bolt...but that was just me. You may like it. I heard they were gas hogs. May want to look into it a little more before you decide. The reg. MR bolt works just fine and is a little less $ wise

batnan
12-19-2006, 07:13 PM
That is the sickest mr2 I have ever seen!!!! I like it ALOT! I use mine as a back up because it never fails, but after seeing yours I'm seriously considering copying yours. You know what they say bout imitation is something, something, form of flattery. I think?

yod3r
12-19-2006, 08:01 PM
I didn't care for the low blow bolt...but that was just me. You may like it. I heard they were gas hogs. May want to look into it a little more before you decide. The reg. MR bolt works just fine and is a little less $ wise
by the reg. MR bolt do you mean the bolt that comes stock on the marker

pbgrandpa
12-20-2006, 12:59 AM
That is the sickest mr2 I have ever seen!!!! I like it ALOT! I use mine as a back up because it never fails, but after seeing yours I'm seriously considering copying yours. You know what they say bout imitation is something, something, form of flattery. I think?batnan, welcome to the forum first off and thanks for your kind words. It's good to see all the new members we're getting lately. Copy away..I think I have listed about everything I've done to it in this thread. If you can't find it I'd be happy to give you a list of parts. Have fun.

pbgrandpa
12-20-2006, 01:03 AM
by the reg. MR bolt do you mean the bolt that comes stock on the markerNo I meant the other delrin bolt Alamo City has. You can specify if you want o-rings on it or not. I got mine w/3 o-rings.

yod3r
12-20-2006, 08:52 AM
ok well that's probably what i will go with then, thanx

batnan
12-20-2006, 07:58 PM
batnan, welcome to the forum first off and thanks for your kind words. It's good to see all the new members we're getting lately. Copy away..I think I have listed about everything I've done to it in this thread. If you can't find it I'd be happy to give you a list of parts. Have fun.

I would like the list. THX

pbgrandpa
12-21-2006, 04:51 AM
I would like the list. THXPMed you the links. I did some trading for the Q-loader. I did have to buy the CMS upgrade to get it to mount the way I wanted. http://www.qloader.com/cms.html

Glasher
12-21-2006, 05:24 AM
I would like the list also plz :)

pbgrandpa
12-21-2006, 05:31 AM
I would like the list also plz :)You got em

Ace24
12-21-2006, 08:32 AM
Whats the link for the Carstock you have on there again?

pbgrandpa
12-21-2006, 08:44 AM
Whats the link for the Carstock you have on there again?This is it....Proteam F/X stock..Trinity X/chamber Mag http://www.octanegear.com/index.asp?PageACTION=VIEWCATS&Category=301
(http://www.octanegear.com/index.asp?PageACTION=VIEWCATS&Category=301)

bamf-hacker
12-21-2006, 08:46 AM
pbgrandpa...

Why not just post up your list here so others can see what you did.

pbgrandpa
12-21-2006, 12:20 PM
Link to Stock and Mag..2 post^ CMS upgradehttp://www.qloader.com/cms.html

Parts List...M-16 carry handle..M16 scope mount..Lets 1X46 Red Dot Scope...Socom Mock Silencer..Integrated Front Sight w/mini Rail...Phantom RIS Hand Guards(short)....http://www.rap4.com/paintball/os/assecories-c-22.html
(http://www.rap4.com/paintball/os/assecories-c-22.html)

Taillo
12-27-2006, 10:34 PM
Hi! I finally got pictures of my MR1!

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/taillo/Taillo_mr1.jpg

Scope View
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/taillo/Offsetscope2.jpg

Scope View front
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/taillo/OffsetScope_front.jpg

And a Wooden Mag Prototype, tell me what do you think of it :)

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/taillo/wood_mag_prototype.jpg

MR2 Woodsballer
12-28-2006, 12:39 AM
hey where did you get that offset sight rail from?

pbgrandpa
12-28-2006, 04:42 AM
Hi! I finally got pictures of my MR1!

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/taillo/Taillo_mr1.jpg

Scope View
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/taillo/Offsetscope2.jpg

Scope View front
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/taillo/OffsetScope_front.jpg

And a Wooden Mag Prototype, tell me what do you think of it :)

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/taillo/wood_mag_prototype.jpgPure secksy!!!! You did yourself proud :)

Taillo
12-28-2006, 12:42 PM
I got the offset sight rail here:

http://www.wgcshop.com/

but it is avalaible in other shops just search for G&P QD Side Rail

And look in the mr1 forum, in the MR1 Compatible parts for other info.

wylde01
12-29-2006, 04:55 PM
well i think ive done all that i want to do with my mr2 now. i bought the ak ex-chamber, the 2 ccm feedneck parts. ive decided i like the ak-47 look so i did not buy the stock or apex barrel. i will try to post pics within the next couple of days.

daskyman
01-02-2007, 08:50 AM
hey pbgrandpa, i was wondering how/where you mounted your qloader exactly, cause after seeing yours i cant resist buying that qloader:p thnx alot

pbgrandpa
01-02-2007, 09:12 AM
All I did to mount it was take the plate off the right side and used the screw to mount it on the side. I also purchased the CMS upgrade to get it to mount this way.

daskyman
01-02-2007, 09:42 AM
sweet thnx, looks like my new eggy3 might b up for sale soon

daskyman
01-02-2007, 01:25 PM
hey, i got one more question for the ak-47 mag u used, what other parts do you need to mount that? and what replaces the plastic foregrip that the air line usually would go thorugh, cuz it is one peice and pretty big (the part that wraps around both sides of the body of the gun)?? thnx again

pbgrandpa
01-02-2007, 01:44 PM
hey, i got one more question for the ak-47 mag u used, what other parts do you need to mount that? and what replaces the plastic foregrip that the air line usually would go thorugh, cuz it is one peice and pretty big (the part that wraps around both sides of the body of the gun)?? thnx againThe mag comes with everything you need to mount it. I used a 45* adapter in the mag...a 3.5" braided hose...and a metric adapter for the ASA. As far as the foregrip goes ..leave it off.

wylde01
01-02-2007, 01:51 PM
i used a 90 degree black fitting, a straight black fitting and macro line. i did buy to adapters though to make them fit on my gun.(the threads were all different.the adapters were made by 32 degrees.) it seems to run just fine that way.

pbgrandpa
01-02-2007, 01:56 PM
i used a 90 degree black fitting, a straight black fitting and macro line. i did buy to adapters though to make them fit on my gun.(the threads were all different.the adapters were made by 32 degrees.) it seems to run just fine that way.I was using the macro line at first, but like the braided line better. The macro is the easiest way to go.

wylde01
01-02-2007, 01:58 PM
i thought so at first untill it came in and i realized that the threads were dif. i went to 2 local hardware stores and they had nothing close, so i decided to go to my local pb store and i was in there for less than a min and saw exactly what i needed!

daskyman
01-02-2007, 02:02 PM
The mag comes with everything you need to mount it. I used a 45* adapter in the mag...a 3.5" braided hose...and a metric adapter for the ASA. As far as the foregrip goes ..leave it off.

sorry lol, what is a metric adapter for one? and one other question what kind of detent do you reccomend when using the qloader? thnx again

pbgrandpa
01-02-2007, 02:16 PM
sorry lol, what is a metric adapter for one? and one other question what kind of detent do you reccomend when using the qloader? thnx againThe metric adapter has metric threads to screw into the ASA and standard threads for your hose. You can get them at AV or SPPS has them too. I'm using the blk timmy ones.No double feeding at all.

Jeffreytah
01-02-2007, 02:32 PM
pbgrandpa- did you have a problem mounting the carry handle? how does it mount up?

pbgrandpa
01-02-2007, 02:40 PM
pbgrandpa- did you have a problem mounting the carry handle? how does it mount up?No problem at all. It was made for the MR2 and has weaver mounts.

yod3r
01-02-2007, 02:47 PM
hey pbgrandpa, iv tried my mr2 with the qloader and it has worked fairly well(even tho i could only shoot 1 pod cuz i ran outa air) but today i loaded a couple of pods because i got more air and on both pods there were prob 4 or 5 times wen it shot two paintballs at once. did u ever have that happen? Do you think i need to get a timmy detent or scratch the acs bolt and get the alamo city deliren bolt? I realy want this baby working perfect when i play agaist all my uncles cuz i wanna show up there tippmanns.

pbgrandpa
01-02-2007, 03:03 PM
hey pbgrandpa, iv tried my mr2 with the qloader and it has worked fairly well(even tho i could only shoot 1 pod cuz i ran outa air) but today i loaded a couple of pods because i got more air and on both pods there were prob 4 or 5 times wen it shot two paintballs at once. did u ever have that happen? Do you think i need to get a timmy detent or scratch the acs bolt and get the alamo city deliren bolt? I realy want this baby working perfect when i play agaist all my uncles cuz i wanna show up there tippmanns.yod3r, Since i've changed the bolt and the new dentent i've never had a double feed. But i didn't try it with the ACS bolt and the other dentent. I read up on the problems people were having w/the ACS and the qloader and just got the Alamo bolt to head that problem off. I'd just get the bolt and be done with it. It's not expensive. I'd go ahead and put the stiffer dentent in it also.

yod3r
01-02-2007, 03:05 PM
ok well im going to buy the bolt b4 the detents cuz i dont wana run outa money buying other stuff then not be able to fix it, thanx for the info too

daskyman
01-02-2007, 05:46 PM
The metric adapter has metric threads to screw into the ASA and standard threads for your hose. You can get them at AV or SPPS has them too. I'm using the blk timmy ones.No double feeding at all.

by timmy do u mean the bob long ones like these? http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0007L7H12/nextag-sg-20/ref=nosim

thnx again

wylde01
01-02-2007, 05:47 PM
yes those are the ones.

Alien
01-03-2007, 12:46 PM
could someone show me how the MR2 batterie charger look like because i lost mine and im not sure that i found the good one. thx !

Jeffreytah
01-03-2007, 02:07 PM
pbgrandpa - can you post a pic of your alamo city bolt with the o-rings installed? also, have you had any problems with the o-ring ruining the detent?

pbgrandpa
01-05-2007, 08:04 AM
You really can't see to much for i have the black bolt. And i took the one o-ring off the end for it did knock the end off my dentent.

Jeffreytah
01-05-2007, 10:41 AM
oh ok, how did it effect the blowback up the feeder neck by taking off the one hitting the detent?

(the reason i ask is i was thinking about milling one or two slots in my stock bolt, just was wondering where to position them)

pbgrandpa
01-05-2007, 11:47 AM
oh ok, how did it effect the blowback up the feeder neck by taking off the one hitting the detent?

(the reason i ask is i was thinking about milling one or two slots in my stock bolt, just was wondering where to position them)Not a good pic but maybe you can get an idea where to put them. It had no effect on the blowback taking the o-ring off..very little up the feedneck. http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/296/boltdz5.jpg

Glasher
01-05-2007, 03:28 PM
Is that a 3 O-ring Alamo City Bolt ? If it his can you check if he affect the detent ?

daskyman
01-05-2007, 05:00 PM
is there the same cut out in the alamo bolts as there is in the stock one so the detent doesnt get destroyed from the bolt? and if u get the alamo bolt with only two o-rings is it just the two mid-set o-ring, or does it have an o-ring at the tip of the bolt as well?

pbgrandpa
01-05-2007, 05:22 PM
is there the same cut out in the alamo bolts as there is in the stock one so the detent doesnt get destroyed from the bolt? and if u get the alamo bolt with only two o-rings is it just the two mid-set o-ring, or does it have an o-ring at the tip of the bolt as well?Yes it has the same cut for the dentent as the stock bolt has. As far as knowing about the 2 o-ring bolt..I would suggest getting in contact with there customer support for i can't say. Just a note on the tore up dentent i had wth this bolt...I was doing some full auto testing with the t-board and ran 4 pods thru the gun. This could have been the cause of the dentent coming apart. You may never experience this.

The Booth Man
01-05-2007, 08:25 PM
Yes it has the same cut for the dentent as the stock bolt has. As far as knowing about the 2 o-ring bolt..I would suggest getting in contact with there customer support for i can't say. Just a note on the tore up dentent i had wth this bolt...I was doing some full auto testing with the t-board and ran 4 pods thru the gun. This could have been the cause of the dentent coming apart. You may never experience this.

I agree. I installed an o-ring on my ACS bolt, cycled it about 1500 times, and my detent is still in great condition.

Glasher
01-05-2007, 09:05 PM
One question also the M16 carry handle does it get in the hoopers way? (cuz I have no intention of using the qloeader)

daskyman
01-05-2007, 11:22 PM
One question also the M16 carry handle does it get in the hoopers way? (cuz I have no intention of using the qloeader)

it would depend on how high your hopper sits, i believe the carry handle is about 2.5 times as tall as the stock sight rail is, so put your hopper on and guestimate (< lol not a real word) i dont believe it would get in the way of your hopper, but just make sure. and btw qloader pwns lol, well IMO, but i measured mine out and with the stock feedneck, an eggy3 and the stock elbow i would have about a .4 inch clearance between the top of the sight rail and the bottom of the hopper which would be fine.

Alien
01-06-2007, 07:38 AM
Glasher do you have a pic of your ACS bolt . I would like to know where you put it.

The Booth Man
01-06-2007, 11:29 AM
Glasher do you have a pic of your ACS bolt . I would like to know where you put it.

Here are two pics of my modified ACS bolt. I took the first one before I cleaned up the bolt

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/12/35103241274.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=4278599)

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/12/35103241211.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=4278598)

Glasher
01-07-2007, 08:01 AM
With what tool did you use to do that ?

Alien
01-07-2007, 09:10 AM
doesnt break the detent with that oring ?

The Booth Man
01-07-2007, 09:28 AM
With what tool did you use to do that ?

I'm not sure I would recommend this unless you know what you are doing, but I used a hack saw to cut the groove. It's not perfect, but it works.

I used the saw to measure the depth of the groove and simply worked my way around the bolt. The initial cut wasn't wide enough, so I widened it by cutting around the edge of the groove.

doesnt break the detent with that oring ?

Not after 1500 cylces. I've used it on full auto with no problem. I did have to oil the detent and o-ring.

I just want to add that installing an o-ring reduced most of the blowback up my feedneck. BUT that was only after I reduced the pressure to below 600 psi. There was still alot of blowback on unregulated Co2.

Alien
01-08-2007, 05:05 AM
does someone have tryed to put the ak47 expansion chamber on the MR2 ?

wylde01
01-08-2007, 05:25 AM
the one from trinity? if so then yes i have.

pbgrandpa
01-08-2007, 06:43 AM
does someone have tryed to put the ak47 expansion chamber on the MR2 ?I have it on mine ....it works good

Alien
01-08-2007, 09:20 AM
fit perfectly ?

darth massacre
01-08-2007, 10:18 AM
I'll toss in another question on the trinity expansion chambers. Does the M-16 mag fit like the AK mag?

Alien
01-08-2007, 11:59 AM
i have the m16 and it doesnt fit u need to customized it ... that why i want the ak47 now

wylde01
01-08-2007, 12:26 PM
yes the ak-47 mag fits perfect. (or at least mine does) i have no probs so far with it.

Alien
01-08-2007, 07:20 PM
another thing which rail look great on the MR2? and do not cost to much $$

Glasher
01-08-2007, 07:42 PM
Tri rail mount and the M16 Handle are nice, the 2 of them are found on rap4

Mrpop
01-09-2007, 06:32 AM
Man!! great job. Is that a Q-loader? how did u put it on??
please tell mee!

darth massacre
01-09-2007, 11:36 AM
another thing which rail look great on the MR2? and do not cost to much $$
I use the rail riser from Opsgear - heavy and expensive, but raises the red dot sight to my eye level with my mask on. I've found other 20mm rails will work on the MR2 too - like the ones Glasher mentioned (tri rail looks awesome). Airsoft rails will also work - anything that fits 20mm M1913 MilStd rail - will do. But be aware of the allen screw that holds the charging handle in place. I had to replace mine with a flat head and filed down flush with the rail surface before it will accept the riser rail.

@-Mrpop - I think Pbgrandpa mentioned a kit he used with the Qloader a few pages before. It mounts to the side plates of the MR2. And yes his MR2 is awesome :D

daskyman
01-09-2007, 11:40 AM
Man!! great job. Is that a Q-loader? how did u put it on??
please tell mee!

he used the custom mounting kit found on qloaders website and what he did was take the side plate off on the right and put the qloader mount there instead of the plate, becuase the plates one the side serve no purpose. :D

pbgrandpa
01-09-2007, 07:02 PM
he used the custom mounting kit found on qloaders website and what he did was take the side plate off on the right and put the qloader mount there instead of the plate, becuase the plates one the side serve no purpose. :DJust like daskyman said. Go to pg 14 posts 132 + 134. All the parts are listed there.