View Full Version : My ranch

08-24-2006, 02:14 PM
Ok so as some of you know i have close to 1200 acre cattle ranch,
well my dad wanted me to go take the dogs out for a run today so i thought id bring my camera, only thats the thing that about got me killed.

ill post pictures in a few minutes (it might take a very long time to post them all at once, cause imageshack's sucking right now)

ps i didnt want to resize them cause i want you to see everything

pss. there also is a fire somewhere so thats why you see smoke

psss. since you dont live here in about a week after i take photos of the ENTIRE place i will draw a diagram showing where each location is
give note that there is 4 pastures, this is just part of the 1st pasture, not the entire thing. i got too scared and came right home

My friends horses from left, Jackson, and Cheyenne

Our corralls, where we process cows, like brand, check, transfer, pair up, and vaccinate

Back in the 1800's when there were no cars, people built schoolhouses all over the place, i have one, but i never venture in there for it is ready to collapse.

Claustrophobia's favorite place here, the hill.

My favorite photo i have ever taken, the dog closest, is red, the one in the back, blue, they are red and blue heelers

This is where we will be going today, through the mini canyone, and into the creek

Take a left to the pivot, take a right to the creek, were taking the right

Go down this road, and there comes a Y

Heres the Y, and red, were taking the right

My 2 dogs together, i finally got a good picture with both of them

08-24-2006, 02:45 PM
Where are the big buildings?

Nice Ranch.....why should it matter where the nearest paintbll field is...you have God's paintball field right there!

08-24-2006, 02:46 PM
looks like prime pheasant hunting. I would love to live some place like that

nice place

08-24-2006, 02:49 PM
I think I might move out there. It looks awesome. I would love to livw where there is no one around. Where do you buy gas and groceries???

08-24-2006, 02:51 PM
Bad pic of the canyon, it doesnt look like much but it is

Better pic of the canyon, and 2 dogs

Ok we crossed a fence, and went through just grass and shrub, to a creek

Inside of the creek

Out of the creek

The reason why my camera nearly got me killed. I was going to take a picture of the hills when out of the corner of my eye i saw a full grown moose within 25yds of me scared the crap out of me and took a couple of steps toward me, my dogs took off at it, and i just got a faint picture of it.

i got way too scared to take anymore pictures, so this is the place where ill take some photos tomorrow

08-24-2006, 03:14 PM
Looks like where I grew up, except for the huge honking hill! Brings back some memories, that's for sure...

08-24-2006, 09:22 PM
.... pure awesomeness. I'd love to live on that much land :D. Better part about it is that you don't have to mow anything !!!

How far from the nearest town ??

08-24-2006, 09:38 PM
:yeahthat: That is one pimp ass place, I'd love to live there! (except for missing the paintball fields...)

08-25-2006, 02:47 AM
You live in a beautiful place, and you took some beautiful pictues your very lucky

08-25-2006, 03:13 AM
I love the ranch man...

Word of advise.. RESIZE your pics :)

08-25-2006, 04:08 AM
Humm looks like some places in oklahoma.... Although that is dwindling over here....

Looks wild and like alot of fun... but me being a city dweller i would miss all the sounds as night LOL....

08-25-2006, 06:05 AM
i bet that hill is awesome for sledding... if you get snow that is :p

08-25-2006, 12:09 PM
cool ranch... not the doritos :dodgy:

being far from stuff drives me nuts... i could never manage that. my friend has a small ranch that is off of a street, thats off of a street that leads to lots of places and like him i think thats the farthest i could go.

08-25-2006, 06:24 PM
the nearest town is 8 miles, where theres 2 stores, 2 very competetive resturants, a k-12 school, and about 30 houses, nearly 10 of them people actually live there.

the other town where its allright to go to is 40 miles, where its just a normal place for 3000 people, but it has alot more stores that you think

08-25-2006, 07:02 PM
any one else in that town 8 miles away from you play ball?

08-26-2006, 07:12 AM
im trying to convince them to buy markers
they spend $7000 on a bull yet they dont want a dm6

there is a guy bout 10 miles west of where i live (the town is NE) and i gave him my BE Eradicator and his little brother has a Victor and he just bought an ESP frame, and im gonna go over there and help him install it (he knows nothing of paintball), and for a gift i bought them 2 JT Masks (dont know what they are) and an Echo mask

08-27-2006, 07:26 AM
How long does it take you to get to your closest field.

08-27-2006, 08:49 AM
How long does it take you to get to your closest field.
130 miles. It's under his avatar. lol:D

08-27-2006, 09:36 AM
the the milage I was just wondering time wise but ya what ever

08-27-2006, 10:04 AM
I love the ranch man...

Word of advise.. RESIZE your pics :)

Advice Dan.. Advice...

Sorry, I had to. LOL.

Anyways, nice pictars, I wish I lived on a ranch.. Be perfect for me..