PDA

View Full Version : Pet Peeves....

bamf-hacker
08-23-2006, 08:03 PM
Well we now know all of your phobias and fears so I figure why not find out your pet peeves as well...

I will start.

*When some tells you something smells or tastes horrible and then proceeds to ask you to smell or taste it... You just said it was horrible I'll take your word for it

*When someone says wow you/she is REALLY pregnant. How is someone any more pregnant at 8 months than they are on day one!

Play nice to keep the thread open and lets see what drives you all crazy!

marvin-martian
08-23-2006, 08:09 PM
i have ALOT.
one is if i see a pen with its cap off, i have to put it back on. it just bugs me...

Hossy
08-23-2006, 08:12 PM
not getting a lisenseplate right when its a custom one.

not figureing and answering a problem or a question (not a school one)

pbgrandpa
08-23-2006, 08:21 PM
Doing something right the first time, so you don't have to go back and do it again a week later. If it's worth doing - it's worth doing it right the first time.

vwjimmy
08-23-2006, 08:25 PM
Ignorance, Incompetence, Impatience and Stupidity.
People who think they know more about their car than I do (ASE Triple Master for over 20 years) when they barely know where the gas goes in.
People that demand your understanding of there flaws/mistakes and have none for yours.

Paradox313
08-23-2006, 08:29 PM
very stupid people asking stupid questions

"Open 24/7"
"What about sunday?"

and yes this has happened before

calebh
08-23-2006, 08:38 PM
lol thats pretty bad.

id have to say stupidity, too. but we wont be getting rid of it any time soon. might as well laugh at it :P warning label on a swedish chainsaw: "do not attempt to stop chain with hands or genitals." after we laugh and it sinks in that someone tried it, we begin to wonder if negative iqs really are possible.

DyNasty9
08-23-2006, 08:38 PM
when im balling, if any paint gets on my gun i get pissed and have to clean it up right after. i hate playing tight cuz i get bunker rub all over. lol

UKwithPride
08-23-2006, 08:48 PM
I have OCD.

colonel_moo
08-23-2006, 09:10 PM
I have OCD.

its funny that you should say that, and i dont doubt your claim personally, but one of my pet peeves is when people claim to have disorders such as OCD or ADD etc. without actually being diagnosed. alot of people dont even what/how bad OCD is, and how much it can limit your life, and they claim to have it just because they are neat freaks, or germophobes. it just pisses me off, and i wish they could take a walk in someone with ADD or OCD's shoes to see how bad it really is.

ooglieboogliebob
08-23-2006, 09:26 PM
hmm... i hate doing something and not finishing it.

I hate when someone touches something that im working on.
Dislike rude people ...
When people ignore what i say ...

I can't think of anymore ATM

Ace24
08-23-2006, 09:33 PM
Pregnant ugly people because when you see one you feel bad for the baby... and you wonder how the father looked...

I also hate when people call people really bad drivers, then you ride with them and they drive sparaticly all over the place and all over the lane and almost hit other cars. Then they break with that jerky motion at the stop without releasing the break a little.

albertjackson99
08-23-2006, 09:41 PM
My biggest pet peeve is when someone touches a computer monitor screen to point something out...It makes me cringe..

And when the top sheet and the comforter aren't prefectly aligned...I usually get up once/twice a night to fix this problem..

UKwithPride
08-23-2006, 09:42 PM
its funny that you should say that, and i dont doubt your claim personally, but one of my pet peeves is when people claim to have disorders such as OCD or ADD etc. without actually being diagnosed. alot of people dont even what/how bad OCD is, and how much it can limit your life, and they claim to have it just because they are neat freaks, or germophobes. it just pisses me off, and i wish they could take a walk in someone with ADD or OCD's shoes to see how bad it really is.
heh, whoops! Forgot teh :dodgy:

Paradox313
08-23-2006, 09:56 PM
oh and internet lingo
so stupid
i dont understand why people cant take the teime to say each word
lol, jk,idk, oic...... etcetera

UKwithPride
08-23-2006, 10:06 PM
oh and internet lingo
so stupid
i dont understand why people cant take the teime to say each word
lol, jk,idk, oic...... etcetera
lol gtfo, jk, ttyl man!

Ace24
08-23-2006, 10:24 PM
UK your an ******* lol.

vikingshadow
08-24-2006, 04:30 AM
I don't think I have any "Pet Peeves" but I have things I dislike a bit - but it depends on my mood at the time as to whether it bothers me or not....I don't have a lot of time, so here are just a few!

People with pet peeves that feel they must tell you about their pet peeves when you're doing something they don't like and is none of their business....

People who spout off forever (especially on the internte) that they wish Christians would stop "preaching" or "pounding the Bible" when all the person said was "I'm a Christian." It's the anti-Christians that are pounding it in, not the Christians!

Political correctness - nuff said!

splaturout
08-24-2006, 05:01 AM
1) Having to wait for someone else to do something so I can complete my job!

2) People who drive in the right lane and go the same speed as the person next to them! Come on! If you were in WI you can get a ticket for doing it and I think all state should have this law.

3) People who read threads andf say things like "this is old", "already seen it", and so on. If you have already seen then go away. Maybe someone else in the forum IDK maybe some newer people have not seen it and would appriciate it.

4) Stupidity, laziness, ignorance, arrogance, racism, and people who don't have to work for their money.

5) People who ask for opinions, get them, then act like what your opinion is, IS WRONG! It is an opinion.

6) People who refuse to change. That is fine if you don't but don't get mad when we stop calling or talking to you.

Maybe I should have put this under the Flame topic.

pbfreak3221
08-24-2006, 07:31 AM
I can't stand loud chewing it just bugs me soo much I had to leave the table once

Paradox313
08-24-2006, 08:40 AM
4) Stupidity, laziness, ignorance, arrogance, racism, and people who don't have to work for their money.

agreed.
im no racist but when i see a group of indians living in 1 house, doing absolutely nothing, oh that just pisses me off.
BUT
if an indian, gets welfare checks, and works everyday, hes alright in my book.

again im no racist in fact i hate racists.

Paintball0308
08-24-2006, 06:58 PM
I hate when someone touches something that im working on.

Also I hate when I see something that is wrong and I have to fix it.

A mess after I just cleaned.

newkid
08-25-2006, 07:05 PM
I hate forgeting what I was going to say

MadMan66
08-25-2006, 10:22 PM
people that think they are better then everyone else, and racism

xtraking
08-25-2006, 10:25 PM
agreed.
im no racist but when i see a group of indians living in 1 house, doing absolutely nothing, oh that just pisses me off.
BUT
if an indian, gets welfare checks, and works everyday, hes alright in my book.

again im no racist in fact i hate racists.
indians? not what come to my mind.. but oh well.

splaturout
08-26-2006, 04:09 AM
indians? not what come to my mind.. but oh well.

Yea, I was thinking the same thing but I do believe that this is because of where we live. In MN we really do not have a large indian population so that is not something that would ever cross mind. Funny how location makes us think differently.

Paradox313
08-26-2006, 08:06 AM
Yea, I was thinking the same thing but I do believe that this is because of where we live. In MN we really do not have a large indian population so that is not something that would ever cross mind. Funny how location makes us think differently.

true
california dad = GODDAMN MEXICANS
Idaho Dad = Where are the mexicans???

i never understood him

TacTownKilla
08-27-2006, 03:29 PM
And when the top sheet and the comforter aren't prefectly aligned...I usually get up once/twice a night to fix this problem..

OMFG YES i hate that with all my heart. My only really other pet peeves are worthless posts that say one or two words, please add something to the damn conversations. Improper english or bad spelling make me want to commit suicide also, i can understand one or two mistakes in a sentance but somepeople just flat out dont care.
Spaced out sentances,
like how I am doing
right here make
me mad also.

xtraking
08-27-2006, 07:40 PM
when i know people are wrong but they keep talking they are right... i just prove them wrong everytiem cus it annoys me... and then they say im cocky andk now everything, but oh well im going to be a lawyer haha.

shubaadaadoomou
08-28-2006, 01:44 AM
isnt this like the flame post.

claustrophobia9
08-28-2006, 04:04 AM
people who walk slow, talk slow, drive slow.

oblivious people (often fit into the previous category as well)

example. i get a parking spot for school, neither of my passengers know where i parked because i let them out in the front, by the end of the day ive notified one of them, but still not the other. when i dont see either of them for 15 min i drive to the front to find the one i didnt notify, while calling the one who is walking to my spot. take note that still, niether of them have called or have their cell phone on. it took 30 min.

bamf-hacker
08-28-2006, 04:45 AM
isnt this like the flame post.

No... Pet Peeves are things that make you crazy....

the flame post is for things that have happened that you need to post about.

ex...

Pet Peeve: Trolls are a pet peeve of mine (consider this the warning)

Flame therapy: I was an hour late this morning because my wife turned off my alarm clock when it went off.

Get it?

splaturout
08-28-2006, 05:19 AM
To add to my list

getting sent to stupid training/info classes that I did not sign up for!!!!!

pbfreak3221
08-28-2006, 07:09 AM
when I start whistling a song then someone immediatly starts whistling another over mine

~shocktheman~
08-30-2006, 07:13 PM
Kids who don't wanna get jobs whose parents pay for their cell phones, new cars, auto insurance, and craploads of the newest style in clothes and technology....just cuz the kids ask for it. Like the 15 year old around the block who already has his own car, cell phone, iPod, and doesn't have to pay for crap......

"Here Timmy!, heres $500 for you. Would you like that in $10's or $20's honey?"

And yes I do have a job

marvin-martian
08-30-2006, 07:29 PM
i hate kids who ***** and moan about how "stupid" a class is, and that they will "never" use it in real life. geeze. grow up, obey your teachers, and do as youre told. nothing can be solved by complaining, stop being so immature about having to learn.

badlandsrox
08-30-2006, 07:59 PM
Kids who don't wanna get jobs whose parents pay for their cell phones, new cars, auto insurance, and craploads of the newest style in clothes and technology....just cuz the kids ask for it. Like the 15 year old around the block who already has his own car, cell phone, iPod, and doesn't have to pay for crap......

And yes I do have a job

I know that this isn't really the place to say this, but some people although they may not have a job per se, work by doing somthing for their parents or extended family, and about things like cell phones, maybe their parents work away from home often, or need the cell phone for other reasons.

DyNasty9
08-30-2006, 08:46 PM

And yes I do have a job
get this one of my friends got a ipod video for christmas along with a brand new cf tank and reloderB. then he loses it skiing:confused: so his parents buy him another one and he payed half. now hes like o ya and im getting a nano too, for running cuz you cant use your video for the new nike shoe thing.
:(

bamf-hacker
10-12-2006, 09:51 AM
bringing this back......

I have some more huge Pet Peeves!!!

3 that have to do with elevators.

1- when the person getting on the elevator is in such a rush that they slam into the person getting off the elevator.

2- when you are waiting for the elevator and the button is illuminated and someone comes over and presses the button again, like that will make the elevator come faster.

3- The door close button..... It never makes the door close any faster, why is it even there?

vwjimmy
10-12-2006, 10:40 AM
bringing this back......

2- when you are waiting for the elevator and the button is illuminated and someone comes over and presses the button again, like that will make the elevator come faster.

3- The door close button..... It never makes the door close any faster, why is it even there?

LOL!!!

Pushing the button again doesn't help!?

anyway....mine would be the person that pushes every floor button and thinks it is funny!...

SharpObjects
10-12-2006, 01:52 PM
My pet peeve is when someone asks me to use something of mine. (phone, pen, paper, shirts, headphones etc) Go get your OWN!

Thats funny vwjimmy, before I leave an elevator (only if no one is in with me) I'll press every floor button. Its my pet peeve stress relief. lol

Hossy
10-12-2006, 01:58 PM
pet peeve...girls...when there *****ing

stylinbeaver
10-12-2006, 02:04 PM
pet peeve...girls...when there *****ing
FTW! Also, when someone isn't listening and then you have to repeat what you said ALL over again.:mad:

claustrophobia9
10-12-2006, 02:59 PM
thats a social thing, it feels akward to walk up and just stand by someone, pressing the button again is like a non verbal way of saying "im not here to stab you, im just using the elevator"

big_daddy_d
10-12-2006, 08:02 PM
thats a social thing, it feels akward to walk up and just stand by someone, pressing the button again is like a non verbal way of saying "im not here to stab you, im just using the elevator"
or I'm a flippin retard that likes to push already lit buttons...

big_daddy_d
10-12-2006, 08:03 PM
My pet peeve, listening to someone say that they forgot and then give a half-arsed excuse on why they forgot...

SoldierzHonor
10-13-2006, 12:23 AM
Roommates that dont pay rent and bum from me.

Touching my cranium lol. Its mine, you have one of your own....DONT TOUCH

TheRedBarron
10-13-2006, 01:57 PM
Actually that isnt far from the truth, the stabbing part might a little far fetched but if you have ever noticed when someone does that alot of the time they will smile or nod their head at you almost as if saying "look we are both going up we have somthing in common"

Moe
10-13-2006, 02:14 PM
Overly drunk women.

Total90Oliver
10-13-2006, 04:37 PM
my pet peeve is when a teacher is being a hipocrite..it pisses me off..I don't know if saying i did something and then the other person does the same and doesn't get in trouble is hipocracy..

My pet peeve stress relief....beating the crap out of the huge 10 pound pillow I have..lol

claustrophobia9
10-13-2006, 06:25 PM
Overly drunk women.
my the wife of my dad's friend always gets wasted when they come over and her stories are way funnier... and she always ends them with "he/she is an ***"

Sandman_Bravo
10-16-2006, 05:16 PM
When people say "irreguardless". It's like nails on a chalkboard to me.

splater18
10-16-2006, 05:38 PM
grinding noises like a fingernail scraper makes my hair stand

Total90Oliver
10-16-2006, 05:43 PM
thats my favorite sound, because i dont know why but I don't care at all about it, i make it half of the time