PDA

View Full Version : Double cocking?

Baozer
08-23-2006, 11:30 AM
:mad: when i pull the trigger once it would sometime shoot twice... at first i thought it was just me.. but now i think its the gun :confused: ... i think there was a post already on this.. but i cant find it..

also when i do 3 burst i would sometimes have to recock it manually :(

mullannix930
08-23-2006, 12:34 PM
First make sure you have the striker o ring oiled good, and make sure you have plenty of gas in the marker. I have had a few times when I use CO2 where if you shoot fast for a while it will do that due to drop in pressure from decreased temp (so I was told). Also when you have a low bottle it may start due to low pressure from low volume. Just my $0.02

mullannix930
08-23-2006, 12:36 PM
First make sure you have the striker o ring oiled good, and make sure you have plenty of gas in the marker. I have had a few times when I use CO2 where if you shoot fast for a while it will do that due to drop in pressure from decreased temp (so I was told). Also when you have a low bottle it may start due to low pressure from low volume. This will make the striker not cock and hit the valve again. Just my $0.02

pman15
08-23-2006, 03:56 PM
new detents for the double firing.and for the manually reckocking on the 3 shot is probably cause your just about out on co2

pb34
08-23-2006, 05:04 PM
We need some more info. It could be from bounce. The force of the marker firing could cause the trigger to hit twice. Is the gun firing twice or are two balls coming out when you shoot once?

ooglieboogliebob
08-23-2006, 05:43 PM
Yeah, i think it's bounce. Does it sound like it fired twice, or does it just shoot 2 balls at once ?? I'd havta say bounce though.

Curing bounce is simple. Move the trigger so it's just touching the switch. Then put a stronger spring or do a magnet mod.

Magnet Mod
http://www.ottersccustoms.com/magtrig.html

pb34
08-23-2006, 06:00 PM
Or, if you don't feel like doing the magnet mod you could always buy one of the sundragon magnetic triggers. http://www.sundragonpps.com/paintball_spps_products.html

Baozer
08-24-2006, 06:06 AM
Ummm it would fire twice [not 2 balls at once..] it would like.. recock twice... its wierd :-/

shunut
08-24-2006, 06:08 AM
Check your sear and striker. The the sear is rounded at all it might not be catching the striker. Could be bounce though. What kind of switch do you have on it?

Baozer
08-24-2006, 06:34 AM
i have a pilot acs... with the stock switch.. i dont know what its called and the sear isnt rounded at all xP

mullannix930
08-25-2006, 12:04 PM
My Pilot has the stock switch and it also has the problem of bounce from time to time (I forgot to mention bounce in my first post). One of the problems with the Pilot (not much of one) that I have heard of is that the stock board has kinda bad debounce (if any at all) and so teh possibility of bounce is higher. One fix is to get a T-Board, they have better de-bounce settings, I am getting one soon for that ane the higher BPS. A diffferent trigger may help, just be careful what you get. I got a Shock tech and even though the shop owner told me it was a direct drop in, I found out that it had no place for a return spring. I was able to mod the trigger and put a spring on it but it took a little time to come up with the solution. I know a lot of people that have had good luck with the mag. triggers but I didn't get one for other reasons (I will get one before long I hope).

Baozer
08-25-2006, 01:07 PM
:( well atleast its not my fault that its cocking twice... its so annoying when it does >.< cause when i shoot stuff in my backyard i wanna make the paintballs last as long as possible.. but when its cocking twice i tend to get really pissed off and i go full auto til a ball chops then i start cursing and i bring it inside to clean it o_O