PDA

View Full Version : Fishy rims

PRIMiLler27
08-23-2006, 04:29 AM
I was looking on ebay and found these rims for a good price. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17-EVOKE-F1-RACING-UNIVERSAL-WHEELS-RIMS-10H-GUNMETAL_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43957QQihZ015Q QitemZ250020477088QQrdZ1 Is there something fishy that im not seeing or are they ok. Im looking to put these on my car and im positive they will fit. If you could look at them and tell me what you think it would help me a lot. thanks

vwjimmy
08-23-2006, 04:35 AM
Did you notice the $190 shipping?

PRIMiLler27
08-23-2006, 04:44 AM
yea i noticed that, thats fine because the total comes to be 355$ for 4 rims and thats a good price

bamf-hacker
08-23-2006, 04:58 AM
I know nothing about rims, so I have no Idea if it a good price, but those are some sweet looking rims!

Good luck on getting them.

vwjimmy
08-23-2006, 05:06 AM
Well, they look good to me!

shunut
08-23-2006, 05:56 AM
seems odd that would be so cheap. I would buy with caution and get all the insurance you can.

marvin-martian
08-23-2006, 06:57 AM
his feedbacks 99.4% postitive

pbfreak3221
08-23-2006, 07:11 AM
Ya I usually only deal with 100% but they do look pretty sweet

stylinbeaver
08-23-2006, 08:04 AM
Maybes it's for only one rim. You never know. But them rims are nice

NtAcivG94
08-23-2006, 08:51 AM
im sure theye is nothin wrong with them...they are just no-name brand wheels

durrell
08-23-2006, 12:19 PM
It says full set of rims. That doesn't seem all that fishy, my Mustang rims were regularly 400 or so but I got them with tires for 700. Just make sure you get insurance and all that, and make sure they fit your car.

EDIT: Found the "fishy" part. I highly doubt you have a 10-hole application to mount these on. They're not your standard 5-lug wheel.

17" EVOKE™ F1 RACING ALLOY UNIVERSAL RIMS 10 HOLES GUN METAL FINISH

Ace24
08-23-2006, 12:24 PM
Doesnt seem fishy. The shipping is around how much it would cost... considering how heavy each rim is. Just divide the $190 by 4 and you get $47.50 per rim. Wich is about right.

splaturout
08-23-2006, 02:26 PM
It says full set of rims. That doesn't seem all that fishy, my Mustang rims were regularly 400 or so but I got them with tires for 700. Just make sure you get insurance and all that, and make sure they fit your car.

EDIT: Found the "fishy" part. I highly doubt you have a 10-hole application to mount these on. They're not your standard 5-lug wheel.

17" EVOKE™ F1 RACING ALLOY UNIVERSAL RIMS 10 HOLES GUN METAL FINISH

The ten holes are there to fit mulitple cars...there is nothing fishy with that. I own a couple 10 hole rims but made by Koning. They are a off brand which is fine but the paint and color on the rims make flake off at the first grain of sand. I would buy something more local when is comes to that. I have worked on 4 project import cars so far and I learned my lesson on the first one about buing cheap rims. They ended up look like crap after one afternoon of driving (of course it was rough driving to see what the car could do.) Paint chipped and looked like crap. It cost more to repaint them. I should have just bought some name brand from Discount Tire Direct.

Contact some of the people who bought off brand rims from this guy and ask them about the quality of the rims they bought.

vwjimmy
08-23-2006, 04:22 PM
The ten holes are there to fit mulitple cars...there is nothing fishy with that. I own a couple 10 hole rims but made by Koning. They are a off brand which is fine but the paint and color on the rims make flake off at the first grain of sand. I would buy something more local when is comes to that. I have worked on 4 project import cars so far and I learned my lesson on the first one about buing cheap rims. They ended up look like crap after one afternoon of driving (of course it was rough driving to see what the car could do.) Paint chipped and looked like crap. It cost more to repaint them. I should have just bought some name brand from Discount Tire Direct.

Contact some of the people who bought off brand rims from this guy and ask them about the quality of the rims they bought.
We have two vehicles with 10 hole rims.....
My wife has a PT with Eagles I bought off of ebay for about the same money as these....(5X100mm)
My son has a 18" setof Konigs on his Grand Am....
Dual lug patterns and a common trait of 'tuner' type wheels......(5X113mm)
I like 'em....

DisIsMyUsername
08-24-2006, 12:12 PM
That's about the average price for a set of no-brand rims.

I think it's better if you visit local shops and check on a site that specializes on rims n tires. I remember browsing on sites like www.wheelmax.com and sites like those that can get you rim and tire packages for under 1000, and they're real brand wheels.

You probably haven't considered that you still need to get low profile tires and those aren't cheap, and then you need to go to a tire place to have them mount them, where as this site gives you the wheels ready to go on your car.

I was able to get a set for 150 and I painted them gunmetal myself and they came out niiice. Then I got kumho tires cheap thru a hook-up.

So I suggest you see wheel shops (though they'll probably rip you) or sites like the one i mentioned. google it..:rolleyes:

Moe
08-24-2006, 09:29 PM
I was really hoping for rims with small fish tanks in them....

:mad: