PDA

View Full Version : I'm a little bummed.....v.2

vikingshadow
08-23-2006, 03:59 AM
Well, it's official. I have officially retired after announcing it a few months ago. Since that announcement, I've played maybe 3 times and really not all that much when I went. In fact, it's been well over 2 months since I've even touched one of my guns! It's hard to just play rec because there just isn't that much rec playing going on around here - it's mainly just teams getting together and practicing so I haven't really done much.

However, the OFFICIAL'ness came this weekend when my old team played their first 5 man tournament without me since I left.

They had asked me to play, but due to financial difficulties (too many repair bills and school stuff came up) and a general lack of enthusiasm on my part to play another tournament just kept me from doing it. Not to mention I had heard some things on the side about the tournament and the promoter and it just didn't sound right to me. So, I bowed out of the tournament. 1st scheduled tournament I've missed in over 3 years and it's really bugging me for some reason.

This isn't another "I'm getting out of paintball" thread, because that was a few months ago - this is a "Well, it seems that I really have gotten out of paintball" thread. This, plus a few other things are just bumming me out, I guess. I think if rec was really prevalent around here, I'd be playing but I don't see myself driving 150 miles to just play rec - not with gas prices the way they are around here right now!

Don't know why I made this thread, just that I've tried talking to my wife and ex-teammates about it, but they don't really understand or know what to say. I guess I just wanted to get it out and see if saying it would pull me out of this funk....

thechubbss12
08-23-2006, 04:08 AM
Ehhh yea... that realy must suck... no recball options...

Yea man i can understand were you are coming from and i hope ONE day i will get to Rec ball it up with you....

vwjimmy
08-23-2006, 04:20 AM
Life changes Vike.....don't let it get you down. New challanges are comming, I promise. Life has a way of doing that! Your markers will get there share of use too...they , and you, won't allow them to sit too long! Man, back to work makes Jack a sad boy syndrome......don't sweat it. It is just a temporary lull!

vikingshadow
08-23-2006, 04:24 AM
I'm sure that's what it is....just back to work blues. I've cut my forum surfing down by more than half - the only ones I really check are this one and the Catalyst team forums...I don't read pb mags anymore - got 3 sitting on my desk for a month now. Eh, we'll see - not so much bummed now as indifferent - guess getting it out did help a little bit in this short period of time.

But, I don't know - I'm actually thinking of picking, gulp, GOLF back up again! See, you can play that by yourself if you wanted to, plus my girls would attempt it - would make for a really LONG morning, but yeah!

shunut
08-23-2006, 06:06 AM
That sucks vike, but welcome to the club.

bamf-hacker
08-23-2006, 07:17 AM
Don't be bummed Vike....

You have an awesome family and a great job. Not many of us can say we better kids lives everyday at work!!!

You are going to play PB again. It may not be every weekend or you may never play a tourney again, but you will play and when you do it will be awesome!!

and please please please don't go play golf :) It is just fetch for humans :dodgy:

DRAGON
08-23-2006, 07:52 AM
and please please please don't go play golf :) It is just fetch for humans :dodgy:

But just think, he could dress up all in yellow, look like a canary and no one would mind. Sounds exciting doesn't it? Knowing Vik, he'd get trashed on some alcoholic beverage, forget what he's doin, grab teh flag and start running with it - :p

Ya, stay away from teh golphs Vik, it's da dabol - :devil:

bamf-hacker
08-23-2006, 07:56 AM
Knowing Vik, he'd get trashed on some alcoholic beverage, forget what he's doin, grab teh flag and start running with it - :p

Or he would get hit by someone else's golf ball and raise his club up in the air yelling "OUT" :)

vikingshadow
08-23-2006, 08:20 AM
LOL! That's IF they let me on the course after the last "naked" moment I had......

Ha! If I got hit with a ball, I'd probably look for a ref, wipe, then bonus ball the guy that hit me, and do a run through on the whole party.....

durrell
08-23-2006, 08:38 AM
I play golf.

I quit paintball.

FTW. :thumbup:

Nobody else quit though cause someone has to keep me in business. :)

Maxx-Damage
08-23-2006, 09:26 AM
If u see vik on the greens get the air horn and wait.....