PDA

View Full Version : How its made

Maxx-Damage
08-23-2006, 04:36 AM
I was flipping through goggle vid when i found someone put up How is made-Paintballs. See (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6864066340713942400). Its kinda cool to know how there made(didnt know if there was a thread of this or not:) )

thechubbss12
08-23-2006, 05:00 AM
thats pretty cool man.... always woundered how that was done...

bamf-hacker
08-23-2006, 06:03 AM
Yeah that was out a while ago, but it is still very cool. That show is out of Canada and they do some awesome stuff on it. I have it DVR'd on the science channel.

shunut
08-23-2006, 07:05 AM
Pretty cool, I was just think "How do they make paintballs?" a couple days ago. Thanks for sharing.

STRIKEFIRST
08-23-2006, 02:19 PM
That process isn't entirely true for all companies...The owner of X.O. Industries was hired to invent a new way to put liquid medicines into "gelcaps" companies in the med industries got tired of paying patent fees for the one process (the process you saw on that video). His way of doing it I haven't seen yet. But he took that new process into X.O. Industries to produce paintballs. It is supposed to be faster and more accurate.

When you buy X.O. Paint one of the great things is all of their paint grades come out of the same "batch" For example companies now produce different grades of paint as individual batches...for example spark torc and kronic (names changed to protect my butt) are made by setting up a line to produce that particular line of paint...that is how you see huge swings in size and quality.

With X.O.'s new system the run a batch of paint...the paint after curring is sorted by quality control to meet certain specs...so you might get high end medium end low end and white box out of one run. thats why colors of shell and fill are similar through all labels of their paint. So what this means is that when you buy X.O. Paint...and buy label "a" its consistant throughout the box and from box to box because it is sorted out to meet certain criteria (specs). label "b" though a lower grade paint will also be consistant throughout the box and from box to box. I trying to keep this short...hope you all understand.

What this allows is a more consistant quality of paint from box to box...with lower operating costs because they get several grades out of one batch...which is great for us because we know when we buy X.O. it will always be consistant.

Whatch out for X.O. support them when you can...these guys are going places.

X.O. and Vengance Paintball buy their paint they honestly think of the end user first...the bigger they get the more we will benefit.

(No I'm not paid or sponsored by X.O. or Venegance)

pbfreak3221
08-23-2006, 07:01 PM
wow that cool there crayon wax in them who would have guessed

oldnewb
08-24-2006, 11:05 AM
In your usual batch of paint, what are the differences between an expensive brand and a cheaper one? My understanding is that quality control is better on the pricier brands, so the balls are more consistently round, but how is this done? Is it true? Are the more expensive brands worth it for just casual rec-ball?

Baozer
08-24-2006, 11:43 AM
:-/ this video makes me want to eat a paintball....

Kotsuumo
08-24-2006, 10:05 PM
:-/ this video makes me want to eat a paintball....
haha, i was thinking of the same thing till they added crayon wax

STRIKEFIRST
08-25-2006, 07:55 AM
In your usual batch of paint, what are the differences between an expensive brand and a cheaper one? My understanding is that quality control is better on the pricier brands, so the balls are more consistently round, but how is this done? Is it true? Are the more expensive brands worth it for just casual rec-ball?

For rec ball you need to find a good middle of the road paint with good fill and consistancy...personally I buy PMI rampage from my local dealer for like 40 bucks a case (2000 rds)

As far as pricier brands you're paying for better fills, thinner shells and an over all rounder ball...supposedly...we've all had bad cases of paint.

A good example of a medium grade paint with terrible quality control is ZAP Tork...Every case I ever sold was like a case of eggs.

Also remember that the part they didn't show was the cure time for the balls after molding...the ball can warp and go to hell in that stage to.

if you look at a ball out of round it is most likely elongated on either side of the seam (|). If you hilks a ball like this (|) the distance from top to bottom is ususally graeter than the distance from right to left...thus making the ball oblong...it is like the ball doesn't fill the mold completly.