PDA

View Full Version : Got some good news today...

albertjackson99
08-22-2006, 08:55 PM
I've been serving a tour here in S. Korea and have a follow-on assignment to London. Well, today my wife (who's still in AZ) got her orders to go to London with me. Thank goodness...a year apart is hard enough, we were hoping it wouldn't be any longer...

Hossy
08-22-2006, 08:56 PM
thats cool! hope everything works out well for you

marvin-martian
08-22-2006, 09:05 PM
geeze, when are you not on tour? im glad you can be together this time.

xsgmike66x
08-22-2006, 09:07 PM
That's really cool AJ, It must of been really rough not being able to see the one that you love for a year. Glad to hear ya'll will be back together.

BTW: Welcome back to the forums, and hows the watch collection?

bamf-hacker
08-22-2006, 09:26 PM
Thats awesome news... Enjoy the time you are together before you get deployed apart again.

albertjackson99
08-23-2006, 12:58 AM
Well, I still have 7 months to go here in Korea before we get to be together again...but it'll be worth the wait. We'll both be working in a position where the deployments will only be a few weeks long tops..Should be a pretty laid back 3 years...Can't wait.! !

pbfreak3221
08-23-2006, 08:08 AM
cool I hope you have a good time

marvin-martian
08-23-2006, 08:32 AM
sweet have fun with her
:dodgy:

Theheroguy
08-23-2006, 09:14 AM
:yay: congrats

timmyshoota
08-23-2006, 06:02 PM
So hows the weather in S. Korea anyways? :)

albertjackson99
08-24-2006, 09:43 AM
The weather in Korea...It's very similar to the SE US...about 95/96F during the day with 80-90% humidity. Except, they have a huge amount of pollution that drifts down from China and mixes with the air and creates a haze/fog that never goes away...Pretty disguisting, but winter will be coming soon and then we'll have the -20f temperatures and snow to deal with...

DFSniper
08-24-2006, 10:02 AM
have fun in foggy london, and ive heard from brits that the paintball scene isnt all that good. whats the AFB there? i know a couple in england (Lakenheath, Menwith Hill) but the only thing i've heard about london is the DoDDS school.

DRAGON
08-24-2006, 10:02 AM
......... they have a huge amount of pollution that drifts down from China and mixes with the air and creates a haze/fog that never goes away...Pretty disguisting...

Sounds like any other industrial community in the world. I think we're paying for it in one way or another too -

durrell
08-24-2006, 10:12 AM
The weather in Korea...It's very similar to the SE US...about 95/96F during the day with 80-90% humidity. Except, they have a huge amount of pollution that drifts down from China and mixes with the air and creates a haze/fog that never goes away...Pretty disguisting, but winter will be coming soon and then we'll have the -20f temperatures and snow to deal with...

Tell me about it..except we don't get snow and we're not polluted.

DFSniper
08-24-2006, 10:15 AM
lol, D, you guys may not get snow, but we had snow in central NC ever year for the 4 years i was there.

albertjackson99
08-24-2006, 12:12 PM
It's actually pretty gross stuff...On bad days we'll declare a "yellow wind event". It actually is a yellow wind that drifts down from China and covers everyhting in a layer of yellow pollin-like dust except it's pollution. I can't wait to leave here....

durrell
08-24-2006, 01:31 PM
It's actually pretty gross stuff...On bad days we'll declare a "yellow wind event". It actually is a yellow wind that drifts down from China and covers everyhting in a layer of yellow pollin-like dust except it's pollution. I can't wait to leave here....

When do you come home?

And DF yeah you lived here those few abnormally cold years..the last 2 years it's never really gotten out of early fall weather..I went golfing in shorts the day after Christmas year before last.

TheRedBarron
08-24-2006, 01:47 PM
China has the worse emission standards in the world, they don't filter anything that they put into the air, all of those plants that are producing our goods emit smoke, here in the US we have strict emissions standards that require said plants to filter the smoke they put into the air to the point of it being not much else besides steam (although many plants do not follow the standards and opt to pay the fines each month instead). China does not require ANY filtering and has no idea what they are doing to the surrounding area.

On topic...
Awesome news man, I hope things go well for you guys, family is important.

albertjackson99
08-24-2006, 02:19 PM
[QUOTE=durrell]When do you come home?QUOTE]

Home is an interesting word...I leave Korea in April. My new home will be just outside of London. But, since I've never been there before I can't really say I'll be coming home..rather, I'll be going home. Either way, I'm looking forward to it...

durrell
08-24-2006, 02:51 PM
Yeah, I'm sure London will be waaayyy nicer than Korea. Not to mention with the wifey there..:thumbup: