PDA

View Full Version : just got my new 06 Electra and a few questions

Dman
08-22-2006, 12:31 PM
i got a new 06 Electra and a Halo B v35 hopper over the weekend and i must say that i love it .... lol .... but i have a few questions about some stuff like i had to turn the regulator down to about 500 psi and back the velocity adjuster all the way out to get it somewhere in the range of 260 to 270 fps. but i noticed that every so often i would get a spike and it sould jump to like 285 or so. could that be because the regulator is still new? and would a spring kit help any at all with this? i am planning on useing HPA and only use co2 if my HPA tanks run out. so far i have not had to use any co2, as we did not play long.
and the other question i had is there any way to set a certain ball rate (like say 15 bps)with the stock board or the T-BOARD?

thanks in advance!!!!!!

SharpObjects
08-22-2006, 12:39 PM
Congrats on your new purchase.

To turn down the regulator, there is a place under the reg to put an allen screw that came with the marker. Gas up and tighten it a bit, then shoot and check the guage until it's at 500psi.

It took me about 700-1000 paintballs to break in the reg, so it should get better. Remember though, it's only a stock reg.

No, you cannot set the bps. Perhaps with the new VerC board, but the new VerC will not work until SD comes out with new hardware needed to install the board. It will not go in the Electra 06, MR2 or MR3 without this needed hardware, which should be released a little while after the new board.

Hope I helped.

Dman
08-22-2006, 01:41 PM
my plans are to get anouther standard ESP trigger frame and put a new trigger (probly a sweet spot)and a t-board so i can use the eyes. would the t-board fit in any of the ESP frames?

this will be my tournament trigger if i can not use the rocking trigger.

SharpObjects
08-22-2006, 02:48 PM
Yeah, that should work without any modifications. I'm gonna do the same with a referb Imagine.

Bvillepballer
08-23-2006, 07:49 AM
im actually thinking about getting an electra and itll be my first electronic marker one question is is that is the disasembling of the marker the same as any other regularspyder i mean do you have to deal with the electronics of it when u take out the bolt from the back???

Cyalume
08-23-2006, 08:48 AM
Id take the PSI down further, to save gas. Try 400 and then adjust the velocity. Mines running at 350psi, soon to be lower with a better valve. And the T board wont work because Kingman changed the location of the on\off and mode switches from the top to the back of the handle, but expect a new T board version out soon. Too many people are buying the 06 for them not to make one.

Dman
08-23-2006, 11:44 AM
im actually thinking about getting an electra and itll be my first electronic marker one question is is that is the disasembling of the marker the same as any other regularspyder i mean do you have to deal with the electronics of it when u take out the bolt from the back???

it disasembles just like the a mechancal , the electronic's are in the trigger grip and the eyes are mounted on the side.

Dman
08-23-2006, 11:48 AM
Id take the PSI down further, to save gas. Try 400 and then adjust the velocity. Mines running at 350psi, soon to be lower with a better valve. And the T board wont work because Kingman changed the location of the on\off and mode switches from the top to the back of the handle, but expect a new T board version out soon. Too many people are buying the 06 for them not to make one.

i will try that , and as far as the t-board and the trigger frame go i am going to use an older style frame for that reasion. as far as i know that is the only diff. in the two trigger frames ... other than the triggers.

Cyalume
08-24-2006, 07:52 AM
You know, one thing that bothers me... the rocking trigger is supposedly illegal in most tournaments. But when they get a new T board out for it, with it capped at 15bps, it should be legal. Theres no difference in how it fires and a blade fires if they both can only shoot but so fast. Maybe itll work out that way.

Dman
08-24-2006, 12:11 PM
You know, one thing that bothers me... the rocking trigger is supposedly illegal in most tournaments. But when they get a new T board out for it, with it capped at 15bps, it should be legal. Theres no difference in how it fires and a blade fires if they both can only shoot but so fast. Maybe itll work out that way.

that would be sweet..... LOL .....:D

Graffiti
08-31-2006, 12:27 PM
I have the 06 electra with eyes, preordered it and waited several months to get one of the first ones out. It was advertised with adustable rate of fire, 3 and 6 round burst and full auto. It came with no adjustable rate, and semi and full auto only. (poor form by Spyder) I contacted Kingman and they said sorry but that is the way it is,,,

Marker Looks great, conserves air and is real fast BUT! I have played with it several times, first day worked well, after that I have chopped paint periodically, (Which pretty much makes the eyes useless because it get covered with paint) Then requires dissassemble to clean the eyes. Any one else having any chopping paint problems? This marker drains my 9.6V battery just sitting (Charged full up and 3 days later low battery) No problem with same battery in my other electronic Spyder Imagine. Any one else having any keep battery charged problems?

Thoughts?

SharpObjects
08-31-2006, 12:53 PM
What hopper are you using? The chopping could be because of a few things.

1. Outshooting your hopper. Fix: Get a faster hopper.
2. Mad bouncing on the trigger, I did this with my egg and chopped. Fix: Adjust trigger sensitivity.
3. You got a lemon. Fix: Warrenty comes in handy.

As for the battery, all us 06 Electra owners expirience this. Just take the battery out when not in use, and always have a back up 9volt on hand in case of an emergency. We don't really know why it does this.

Hope I could have helped.

Graffiti
09-01-2006, 05:04 AM
I am using a Empire II electric hopper rated for 12 rps. Thanks for the possible problems list, The Mad bouncing on the trigger is that when it is firing good then suddenly seems to shoot twice almost at the same time? I will do some work on the rocker trigger sensitivity and see if that helps. If not I guess I will have get a Holo B with a victory board that way I know it will be fast enough. If that does not fix it I guess I will use the warranty. Thanks again

Dman
09-01-2006, 06:13 AM
I am using a Empire II electric hopper rated for 12 rps. Thanks for the possible problems list, The Mad bouncing on the trigger is that when it is firing good then suddenly seems to shoot twice almost at the same time? I will do some work on the rocker trigger sensitivity and see if that helps. If not I guess I will have get a Holo B with a victory board that way I know it will be fast enough. If that does not fix it I guess I will use the warranty. Thanks again

I have a halo b v-35 and the only problem i have had is 2 ball jams in the halo b. I can not in now way out run that hopper , but i keep it on 35 bps. The only way i have had problems with paint in the barrel after 5000 to 6000 balls is when my brother-in -law shot the tip of my barrel and slung paint down half the barrel. it is a bit pricey and a bit heavy, but more than worth the cost and weight, in my opinion!!!!!!

SharpObjects
09-01-2006, 10:25 AM
You could definatly be outshooting your hopper. Most will recomend an Evolution II or Halo, or other 15+ Hopper, but you should be able to get by if you are not bouncing.

What I did when I adjusted my trigger was I aired it up, and pulled the bottom or top trigger and let go when it fired. If it fires off a second round, it is because the vibrations of the marker are making it fire a second round. Then I adjusted as needed.

Bouncing, while cool to watch and show off with, like ramping, is illegal in play.

Glad to be of service.