PDA

View Full Version : P90 Project!

Opteron-O3
08-21-2006, 09:03 AM
Well, I've been seeing alot of P90 projects lately and decided to make my own!

I've decided to make my P90 project out of a spyder. But I'm not really the best at figuring out which connection goes where so I took some pictures!

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m145/Opteron-O3/IMG_0341.gif
Board with capacitor

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m145/Opteron-O3/IMG_0342.gif
Microswitch wires

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m145/Opteron-O3/IMG_0343.gif
P90 microswitch

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m145/Opteron-O3/IMG_0345.gif
P90 Capacitor (not going to be using it but thought I'd show the wiring)

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m145/Opteron-O3/IMG_0346.gif
Battery Connection (Noting using but thought I'd show the wiring)

I am trying to put together a Spyder inside a BB gun P90. I need to try to figure out how to rewire everything together so that the trigger microswitch on the P90 will fire the marker.

I kinda have it all planned out on how I'm going to put the actual gun inside the P90... but just need some help on the whole rewiring part.

Just to prove that it has been done...
http://members.cox.net/cybersecuritygear/p90/P90-1.jpg This one is based on a tippmann a5.

oldnewb
08-21-2006, 09:19 AM
That is awesome! Please keep us updated, I've always been a big fan of bullpup style rifles, and I would love to see a few paintball guns done up this way.

adriann222
08-21-2006, 10:07 AM
Ok well that being a 98 inside a P90 body is one thing. But a spyder is an over-under tube configuration. The only dilema I could see would be that you would need P90 body that is big enough to handle the spyder body. Oh and the wiring thing is easy. You just need to locate all the needed eltronics to the back of the marker (like it would be in a normal spyder) and then just run wires up to the front where the trigger goes. Main challenge will be cutting the frame so that it holds the noid and board but is still small enough for the P90 body, and doing the feed.

Good idea though. I've thought about doing this with a Airsoft body, I just havn't found one big enough yet. (cause I wanna do it with a BKO)

Opteron-O3
08-21-2006, 10:10 AM
Oh the P90 body is big enough or else I wouldn't be doing it with a spyder ;)
Thanks for the input. Really helpful!

claustrophobia9
08-21-2006, 11:28 AM
from what i hear the p90 isnt the best bullpup rifle by far, suffering from extreme jams when it suffers impacts of any kind. AUG is pretty cool looking though. you want to take the microswitch off of the spyder board and wire them to the p90 switch, they youll want to mount the noid and sear so that it fires properly

Opteron-O3
08-21-2006, 11:44 AM
from what i hear the p90 isnt the best bullpup rifle by far, suffering from extreme jams when it suffers impacts of any kind. AUG is pretty cool looking though. you want to take the microswitch off of the spyder board and wire them to the p90 switch, they youll want to mount the noid and sear so that it fires properly

I'll try doing both methods and see which works the best.

I would love to do it on an AUG, but P90 seems to be the best for Paintball... compactness and lightness.

Theheroguy
08-21-2006, 12:54 PM
the best bullpup is a famas

claustrophobia9
08-21-2006, 03:14 PM
if its so good why do the french military use it :nododgy: plus thats an a5 in the pic and it is a single tube, spyders are stacked tubes and then the noid still has to be under it, you may have a problem making it all fit. personally i would do an ion, you could get all the parts you would need to put it in the airsoftgun fairly cheep.

Opteron-O3
08-21-2006, 03:34 PM
Like I said before... I wouldn't be doing the spyder body if I didn't make any measurments before starting... THe spyder is smaller than the A5 trust me on this one... and is alot easier than what you think it is...

Theheroguy
08-21-2006, 05:47 PM
if its so good why do the french military use it :nododgy: plus thats an a5 in the pic and it is a single tube, spyders are stacked tubes and then the noid still has to be under it, you may have a problem making it all fit. personally i would do an ion, you could get all the parts you would need to put it in the airsoftgun fairly cheep.

they have good weapons but weapons don't win the battle

oldnewb
08-22-2006, 07:35 AM
Kudos to you for using a Spyder, Opteron. Seeing as this is something of a experimental one off, it makes sense to use a less expensive marker. There's always a chance that the project might not work, so why risk using an ion or a-5 (both of which are more pricey than Spyders).

And if it all works out, then it makes the whole thing harder for the rest of us to resist copying you, heh. (p.s. please take pictures documenting your project, please?).

Opteron-O3
08-22-2006, 08:16 AM
Kudos to you for using a Spyder, Opteron. Seeing as this is something of a experimental one off, it makes sense to use a less expensive marker. There's always a chance that the project might not work, so why risk using an ion or a-5 (both of which are more pricey than Spyders).

And if it all works out, then it makes the whole thing harder for the rest of us to resist copying you, heh. (p.s. please take pictures documenting your project, please?).

Will do! :thumbup:

Ace24
08-22-2006, 08:54 AM
:bow: Your God for using a Spyder. Finally someone uses a spyder for a P90 project.it should be easy enough to do... just some milling and some rewiring. *thinks of who you can talk to about rewiring it*

The STG-77 is the most widely used bulpup assult rifel and it doesnt have the same issues that the faster firing F90 does. Also you really cant compare an F90 to any other bulpup because the F90 is a sub machiene gun. The IW-80 is another pretty cool bulpup assult rifel... but it jams alot... the sucessor to it is the RA-14.

bigred76
08-23-2006, 11:44 PM
"Rifle" is the correct designation. And Claus was merely talking about what "he heard" about airsoft rifles, not the real ones. :rolleyes:

Interesting idea. I've seen this done with numerous markers (Mags, A5's, Ion's, etc...), but not a Spyder. Good luck!

adriann222
08-24-2006, 08:16 AM
Like I said before... I wouldn't be doing the spyder body if I didn't make any measurments before starting... THe spyder is smaller than the A5 trust me on this one... and is alot easier than what you think it is...

So are you going to chop the trigger frame in half so that it will fit in the stock of the marker. I mean that's the best way I can think of making sure your noid and sear stays inline. Well that is with out making a custom housing for it. (which is something I wouldn't do) What type of spyder are you going to be using. (not that it matters too much- since they are pretty much the same) I'm just curious. Oh and what type of barrel?

Ace24
08-24-2006, 09:28 AM
*recomends the J&J 12" Ceramic barrel*

I hope hes using a flat topped spyder. One good one for the project might be a AMG or a pilot or even an imagine. Something with a flat top that doesnt curve all over.

"Rifle" is the correct designation. And Claus was merely talking about what "he heard" about airsoft rifles, not the real ones. :rolleyes:

Interesting idea. I've seen this done with numerous markers (Mags, A5's, Ion's, etc...), but not a Spyder. Good luck!

He should have made himself more clear then. Because from what I understood he was talking about a real submachiene gun, and a real rifle.

adriann222
08-24-2006, 10:06 AM
Out of curiosity where are you gonna put the air line, or are you gonna run remote?

Opteron-O3
08-24-2006, 11:03 AM
I'm going to try to run the air line at first until I can get a remote.

claustrophobia9
08-24-2006, 02:14 PM
"Rifle" is the correct designation. And Claus was merely talking about what "he heard" about airsoft rifles, not the real ones. :rolleyes:what i heard is a way of saying "i read it on a wiki" without looking like some nerd. i dont remeber which article i saw it in but i think it was in a newer bullpup designed pdw that talked about its benefits over the p90

heres a site, not the wiki and is from the competitors gun site, but still validates some of my remark: http://www.hkpro.com/pdw.htm

P90 has one reported serious flaw. If you drop a partially loaded magazine, or the gun with a partially loaded magazine, rounds will go flying, get disoriented in the magazine and seriously jam the mechanism.

Opteron-O3
08-24-2006, 03:49 PM
That body would make a perfect paintball conversion... it's so simple!

oldnewb
08-25-2006, 07:56 AM
Yeah, the HK-PDW has some nice looks, but I don't think it would be THAT great a chassis for a paintball gun. Maybe a paintball pistol, perhaps. The body is really short... the barrel on the real-life gun is only barely over 7 inches long, and it would probably be shorter on a paintball gun, seeing as the bolt and mechanism on paintball markers seem to take up more room than a regular firearm.

I still think a bullpup assault rifle is the way to go... nice and compact, but still able to use a full-length barrel for optimum accuracy and sound suppression.