PDA

View Full Version : Will the J&J Ceramic barrel fit?

PandaTruenoGTS
01-07-2006, 11:48 PM
I just got my MR2 wednesday and played with it today and I'm ready for upgrades, but if you havnt seen one only certain barrels will fit as the barrel slides into the gun about 3in before you can thread it. So does anyone know if a J&J Ceramic will fit into the body of the gun? Thanks

druid
01-08-2006, 02:17 AM
I don't know for certain...but if I had to hazard a guess, (if by chance the threads should still be the same) the J&J should just slide in like the stock barrel and screw in normally.
What I mean about the threads being the same....Tippmann changed their threading on their 98C's. Some have "the old" threads and new ones have "the new threads".....the old barrels will not screw into the new markers

bamf-hacker
01-08-2006, 05:24 PM
If I get a chance tommorow i will go by the store and try mine on it.

HacKeR

jarhead3241
01-08-2006, 08:00 PM
i think it does fit

Kingman-Rep
01-09-2006, 10:07 AM
I don't know for certain...but if I had to hazard a guess, (if by chance the threads should still be the same) the J&J should just slide in like the stock barrel and screw in normally.
What I mean about the threads being the same....Tippmann changed their threading on their 98C's. Some have "the old" threads and new ones have "the new threads".....the old barrels will not screw into the new markers

The thread on the MR2 is the same, only issue is that most aftermarket barrels have alot more meat and will not fit in the recessed receiver.

I have not had the chance to try a J&J. None of my local shops carry that brand barrel, let me know if it fits!

Recon by Fire
01-09-2006, 07:10 PM
3 psots? You newb :)

The recessed body sounds a lot like my Tac One's body. Should be fine as long as you stay away from some kits like the stiffi. I know those tend to get stuck.

Kingman-Rep
01-11-2006, 08:45 AM
The thread on the MR2 is the same, only issue is that most aftermarket barrels have alot more meat and will not fit in the recessed receiver.

I have not had the chance to try a J&J. None of my local shops carry that brand barrel, let me know if it fits!

If you haven't tried it yet, the J&J does work. Looks really nice too!

mjr.payne
01-12-2006, 04:44 PM
how does the mr2 compare to the tippman A-5?

QRFleader
01-18-2006, 12:33 PM
I have the Jand J on my MR1 it works great and its quiet