PDA

View Full Version : More help for Sara...


bamf-hacker
08-21-2006, 08:26 AM
OK as you all know I have this horrible disease called Upgrademodifyitis.

I am thinking about a new regulator for Sara (The MilSim one)

So my question is, do I keep the stock regulator or get a new one.

If you select other in the poll please let me know which one.

and post as to which you voted for and why.

shunut
08-21-2006, 08:56 AM
I think the style of the AKA will go better with they overall theme of the gun. I'd also consider a Palmer's Reg.

druid
08-21-2006, 09:14 AM
I voted 2 liter...not for looks though because it's close to the stock reg without the cover.

An alternative is the Evolve Pi which is almost as high flowing as the AKA but is rounded off and more aesthetically pleasing than the 2 liter. It's also about half the price. Same quality at less money...kinda like comparing a TBoard against a V***** :D

bigred76
08-24-2006, 01:26 PM
AKA looks more MilSim-ish so that's what gets my vote... But, IMO, the stock reg works just fine. I mean, they are using it on the new Shockers for a reason....

Drefish99
08-24-2006, 02:01 PM
Out of all those I would go with the AKA. I have all the others and I have seen the best consistancy with the AKA. If you would like to look at another option I would recommend an Evovle PI. Another great Reg. Similar performance of the 2Liter without the 2Liter price.

ShadowX
08-24-2006, 05:24 PM
I had an AKA 2-liter on my ION.. Which I sold last weekend, That reg was SWEET.. I Never got over +/-2 FPS.. It was 95 bucks, but it was worth EVERY, SINGLE penny.. And it was so simple to maintain, just drop a drop of AKA oil in the macro fitting every 5 cases and you are good to go..

You know what my vote goes for.. Lol..

Muddytaco
08-24-2006, 09:38 PM
2 liter + for sure. I was getting +/- 0 with occational +/- 1. by far the best reg out there hands down. I am probably going to pick up another one for the dm5 and viking in the future. You know the only reason i sold mine.

ooglieboogliebob
08-24-2006, 09:54 PM
Deffinetely 2 liter. Very consistant reg. Not so cheap, but you have upgrademodifyitis don't you ?? :p

bamf-hacker
08-25-2006, 04:40 AM
OK it is between the Stock reg, an 05 Ego reg for $20, a Dye Hyper2 for $5 that needs the reg seal rebuilt, or the AKA for full price, but new.

Drefish99
08-25-2006, 08:39 AM
Stay with the stock reg then. Thats free....

Ace24
08-25-2006, 09:00 AM
I like how the CP regs are... but I forgot to consider that your making a milsim gun... AKA FTW.

If the stock reg is good... it looks pretty sexy.

bamf-hacker
08-29-2006, 07:31 PM
OK the 2-liter is on its way.

I am also getting the Hyper2 for free so I will have that also.

I really liked all the reviews on the AKA and how fast it recharged. I thank you all for your comments and will let you know how the reg works out once I get it.

claustrophobia9
08-30-2006, 03:33 AM
aka or stock. a built stock is better than the one they shipped on the ion in about 40% of insances (bad parts and mal-lubed). the other 60% its the same.. but you can build one for like 30 bucks and thats a decent deal or you could dissassemble, get new parts for anything that looks bad (bad orings, scratched stuff) then lube it for nearly nothing and still have a decnt reg.