PDA

View Full Version : Any Golfers Out There?

albertjackson99
08-21-2006, 03:19 AM
As the title says? Anyone? Well, since I've been here in Korea it's pretty much all I do when I'm not working. I'm not very good, but getting better. Anyway, I've always used off-the-shelf clubs but a few weeks ago my wife suggested that I order a custom set. First i asked her "Who are you and what have you done with my real wife?". The I asked her if she was aware how much a good, custom set of clubs cost...usually several hundred dollars. She told me to look into it and we'd see if we could make it work. I started looking around online and came across all of thses "clone" websites. Seemed like a pretty good deal. Anyhoo, I decided to order a set of clubs from www.diamondtour.com because they had the nicest website, and free shipping. I talked with their customer service a bit and placed an order for a set of Irons (3-PW), SW, LW, greenside chipper and a hydrid driver. I got +1/2 length shafts on all the clubs, oversize grips and the lie adjusted by 2 degrees on the irons. When all was said and done my total was $208.00...Well, they arrived today and they completely exceeded my wildest dreams. The craftsmanship on these things is amazing. I just got back from the range and they sing like a dream. The hybrid driver is beautimus!! Anyway, if there are any golfers out there looking to improve their clubs and hopefully their game you should check these guys out. From order to clubs in hand it took 11 days...and that's shipping to S. Korea...

Warnichek
08-21-2006, 08:40 AM
Been golfing since I was 15 but I still seem to have a time on my chipping. My 9 iron is jinxed. I absolutly cannot hit that thing! I bought a lob web, broke a pitching wedge & do not own a SW. I bought some "Hulk" oversized irons 10 years ago but only play with maybe 4 of them. 3, 6, 8 (love my 8), and PW (which is in the woods somewhere). I have a monster drive, but getting onto the green is my problem if I am 30 yards or closer. I think to much then end up barely hitting it.

Still learning after 13 years.

Hossy
08-21-2006, 08:46 AM
i try to go, its not my first/favorite sport

shunut
08-21-2006, 08:49 AM
I love to golf. Unfortunately I haven't been able to lately. I'm good with anything but my driver and after 3 holes usually it goes into the bag for the rest of the day and I just use my irons. I'm hoping when it cools off some I'll get to go out and play a round or two.

vikingshadow
08-21-2006, 09:19 AM
I played golf quite a bit before I started playing paintball, then it became "this or that," and usually came up paintball.

Now that I don't play that much anymore, I may have to start the golf thing up again...

Drefish99
08-21-2006, 09:24 AM
I just got back from watching Tiger win the PGA. I have been looking for another set of clubs. Thanks for the source.

splaturout
08-21-2006, 10:37 AM
I get out about 3 times a month. Being our season is not year round I try to pile the games in fequently. I have done 6 tournies so far and I have about 4 more this season. I am by no means a good golfer but I absolutly love to be out on the course and with my job I have sealed about 4 deals on the course thius year. (Makes for a good Tax Write off)

shunut
08-21-2006, 10:45 AM
What clubs do you have in your bags?

I have:

8* Adams Driver
3 wood Callaway Big Bertha Plus (I think its a Plus not sure, its not the regular Big Bertha though)
3-PW Orlimar Irons (they are the cavity back ones)
56* and 60* Taylor Made wedges (not sure what style they are)
Odyssey White Hot Putter #7

As for golf balls I mainly use Maxfli either Revolutions or Noodles. Last couple times I've went I've hit Titlest Pro V1 because I was give 2 cases as a gift.

durrell
08-21-2006, 10:46 AM
I went 3 times last week alone.

I have Cleveland TA7 irons and I love them, my favorite and best club is my Black Pearl sand wedge.

Just bought this too:
http://valueguide.pga.com/images/Ping/putters/G5i/g5i_anser_p_large.jpg

I'm asking for a new driver for Christmas but I haven't decided which one I want yet..

Hoppy11
08-21-2006, 12:52 PM
D, I told you what driver to get.. remember? lol

Anyways I've always liked playing golf.. I just never really got around to it untill I started working at our local country club and was able to play for free. Now I play like up to 3 times a week. Im shooting mid to low 40's this year so Im happy with my game. :D

In My Bag:

Titilest 975J 9.5* Driver
King Cobra SS 3 Wood
Cleveland Ta3 Irons (3-PW)
Cleveland 588 51* Gap Wedge
Ping MB 56* Sand Wedge
Odyssey 2 Ball White Steel Center Shafted (Best golf investment ever)

I want to buy a Cobra Baffler 2/R, but I just don't have.. well I have the money but I shouldn't spend it right now.

durrell
08-23-2006, 01:32 PM
Putter cover came in today. Now I'm waiting on the actual putter...can't wait. :)

Mlb06
08-23-2006, 03:26 PM
i play golf .... and i onfortunatly have womens clubs bc at the time i couldnt use mens ones bc i was to small

i have a full set of square two opal LS's