PDA

View Full Version : Buyer Beware

Command2A
08-20-2006, 06:53 PM
I have been involved in paintball for many years and during that time I have owned many brands of markers. I also play with a good group of folks, whom between us all, must have almost every popular marker on the planet. I wanted to voice my concerns HERE.. if you all do not mind? in the hopes that Kingman can (1) - understand that there is an issue & (2) - Rectify the problem and either compensate those whom purchased this defective/design marker, or offer a solution. What I’m talking about is a serious (I feel & others do) ball chopping issue with the Spyder MR2, I have gone back to my dealer over & over again and have purchased a new hopper, barrel & numerous ball detents just to rule out the obvious weak points. After reading thread upon thread about this marker on virtually every popular site, It’s now very clear that I'm not the only one with this issue. I'm sure some you folks know what its like to hit the field for a day of fun, only to have to sit out to clean and repair your marker after every other game. Luckily I own more than one Marker and thus far I can tell you I often start play with the MR2 and sure enough find myself having the switch out marker after the first session of play. Come on Kingman .... CUSTOMER SERVICE.... I know you want SALES but you must also want REPEAT BUSINESS and loyal customers?. I look forward to a response from a representative of Kingman. Oh and so you know my parents did not buy me this marker, I'm a 43 year old avid player of this sport.

bamf-hacker
08-20-2006, 06:57 PM
Just wondering, did you contact Kingman about your disgust with the MR2?

If not start there. I have called Kingman in the past with excellent results.

Command2A
08-20-2006, 07:45 PM
Just wondering, did you contact Kingman about your disgust with the MR2?

If not start there. I have called Kingman in the past with excellent results.

Have you called recently? Not sure what has changed with this company since you called (with excellent results) I can only assume off shore support is happening here like with most other company's trying to save a buck. I work for a very large Global IT company and I can tell you the horror stories of doing the off shore support model... Sounds like the same thing is going on here.

Jschwarz
08-20-2006, 09:30 PM
I have to agree as a user of Tippman in the past, I thought i would try Kingman because i liked the look of the MR2. Not 3 days old and serious problems, dealer wanted a 30% restocking fee to take it back, that is a huge loss on something brand new, so i opted to fix it. still waiting to hear from Kingman on to see if they will send a replacement bolt. this is my only marker and i have spent $40 to rent in the field twice plus wasted a case of balls and two tanks of co2 to find this problem, I am not made of money for what i have spent i could have gotten an a5 with reactive trigger and a flatline barrell.

Command2A
08-21-2006, 08:13 PM
Here's what a GOOD company should do to make sure there customers are happy... First admit there is a problem (we messed up & we are sorry) and as a result here's how we are going to make you (the customer) happy. We will give you a replacement marker (perhaps the MR3) only if it actually works better then the MR2 ( I do not know the facts of this marker...anyone whom has one feel free to comment). Secondly STOP selling the MR2 until the problems are solved, itís not fair to take folks money for something that does not function as advertised. If I seem pissed off folks sorry, but I feel as if I have been ripped off. In my business clients are golden, and when they are pissed off I do every thing in my power to make it right. It seems as Kingman does not care about its clients.. Look forward to a response from a Kingman representative.

shunut
08-21-2006, 08:25 PM
I'm honestly sorry you are having this problem. I'm sure that if this was a true problem that was plaguing all MR2 owners, first you'd see more posts here, second Kingman would be doing something drastic about the problem. Posting on this forum is probably going to get you less attention than you think. Although this site is paid for by Kingman, they do not sit and watch every single post and thread here. That is why they have moderators. I think your best course of action is to call Kingman. I have used Kingman's customer support in the past and they have never failed me. I wish there was a way I could help with your problem but I don't have any answers for you. I'm not familiar enough with the MR2. I do however have an obligation to Kingman and this site to help. All I can say is try pming the Kingman Reps on this site and keep calling. I hope things work out for you.

Command2A
08-21-2006, 08:36 PM
I'm honestly sorry you are having this problem. I'm sure that if this was a true problem that was plaguing all MR2 owners, first you'd see more posts here, second Kingman would be doing something drastic about the problem. Posting on this forum is probably going to get you less attention than you think. Although this site is paid for by Kingman, they do not sit and watch every single post and thread here. That is why they have moderators. I think your best course of action is to call Kingman. I have used Kingman's customer support in the past and they have never failed me. I wish there was a way I could help with your problem but I don't have any answers for you. I'm not familiar enough with the MR2. I do however have an obligation to Kingman and this site to help. All I can say is try pming the Kingman Reps on this site and keep calling. I hope things work out for you.

Thanks for your reply, I have been trying to get Kingman to help me.. Calling.. Emailing.. but nothing actually happening to solve my problem. As a result I have now almost given up on Kingman (spyder) and ordered a new Smart Parts (ION) marker.. I will continue to unload the MR2 on EBay and every possible site I can to get rid of it. I understand that you merely moderate a site for Kingman, but if you have any of the ears of the management of this firm let them know, out in the real world folks are talking about the poor quality of Kingman products. They will see the results in the overall SALES bottom line.

DRAGON
08-21-2006, 08:44 PM
..........as a result here's how we are going to make you (the customer) happy. We will give you a replacement marker (perhaps the MR3)...........

I like your way of thinking........they'd have to do much more for me. I'd have to have that and a night out on Kingman with Tawanese twins:eek: (no crack ho's please) for an all body massage and miscellaneous favours, paid entry fee for teh '06 World Cup, while I'm there I may as well see Dinney World as well, a weeks stay at teh Waldorf Astoria with paid cuisine and a 1 weeks rental of a Lamborghini to flaunt these fine little Asian mama's in -

Well since we're dreamin, we may as well make it worth our while shouldn't we? lol -

Command2A
08-21-2006, 08:47 PM
I like your way of thinking........They'd have to do much more for me. I'd have to have that and a night out on Kingman with Tawanese twins:eek: (no crack ho's please) for an all body massage and miscellaneous favours, paid entry fee for teh '06 World Cup, while I'm there I may as well see Dinney World as well, a weeks stay at teh Waldorf Astoria with paid cuisine and a 1 weeks rental of a Lamborghini to flaunt these fine little Asian mama's in -

Well sice we're dreamin, we may as well make it worth while lol -

I like the way you think. I was going to ask that exact same thing but I felt I may be pushing it a bit too much.

shunut
08-21-2006, 09:10 PM
Just so you know I have pm'd the Kingman Rep on this site. I'm not sure it will help at all, but I wanted to try. Maybe my moderator status will draw more attention, but I doubt it. Good luck with the Ion they are good guns but I hope you aren't buying the Ion because you've heard Smart Parts has good customer service.

Command2A
08-21-2006, 09:10 PM
I'm sure that if this was a true problem that was plaguing all MR2 owners, first you'd see more posts here, second Kingman would be doing something drastic about the problem.

Funny.. You'd think the same thing...problem is there are not alot of MR2 owners. And Kingman is not doing anything (YET) because of that fact.

Command2A
08-21-2006, 09:19 PM
Just so you know I have pm'd the Kingman Rep on this site. I'm not sure it will help at all, but I wanted to try. Maybe my moderator status will draw more attention, but I doubt it. Good luck with the Ion they are good guns but I hope you aren't buying the Ion because you've heard Smart Parts has good customer service.

At this point itís about a functioning marker. SIMPLE... I've all but given up on any customer service. I really appreciate your response.

shunut
08-21-2006, 10:32 PM
PE has excellent customer and have always helped with any problems I've had with my Ego, I guess when you pay $1000+ for a marker you are paying for the good customer service.

Jschwarz
08-22-2006, 12:15 AM
Well i have to say i am impressed with Kingmans help. I explained the problem with my marker and they have shipped me a ACS Bolt already. They were quick to help me out so i could get back in the field. Will definately buy another Spyder in the future.

bamf-hacker
08-22-2006, 06:02 AM
Well i have to say i am impressed with Kingmans help. I explained the problem with my marker and they have shipped me a ACS Bolt already. They were quick to help me out so i could get back in the field. Will definately buy another Spyder in the future.

This is the consensus of most who call Kingman for tech support. They were quick to help me in my issues, and also sent a friend of mine a new ACS bolt for his Pilot. He had a first run ACS bolt that was having issues and they sent him a brand new one, No Charge.

Well sad to see you leave the Spyder Marker world, I know you will enjoy your Ion and maybe you can give Kingman a second chance when the new VS series markers come out.

Fell free to ask your Ion questions here too. We are a Paintball community and not a strictly Spyder one. Most of us have other markers and can still provide you with a wealth of knowledge.

Jarhead
08-22-2006, 06:10 AM
I am not sure what you have had problems over. My MR2 has worked fine. Kingmans customer service was excellent, the one small question about the detents was answered quickly and they actually sent me a spare.
I have met more satified MR2 owners than not. There are a couple of issues but nothing that hasn't been discussed in the forums.
This is my first Kingman and I am more than happy with it. It did as advertised,I have fired over 6000 rounds through it now and it did chopped a little paint at the beginning until the ACS bolt was broken in and I stopped using cheap paint. I do still have to recock it now and again on full auto but that is because I outshoot my hopper than a gun problem. If I would break down and invest in a new hopper that would be elimanated too.

Just wanted to throw my two cents in

pb34
08-22-2006, 08:37 PM
I know how your feeling about the customer service. At one point no matter how many times I called no one would pick up and I wouldn't get a response. Recently though, I get a representative every time I call. If you keep calling and e-mailing I'm sure they will respond eventually.

Hope you have more luck with your ION.

Command2A
08-22-2006, 09:06 PM
Thanks to all that have posted responses in this thread. I have been in touch with Kingman (and I was not impressed with the CSR's actions). Lets face it if you ran a company and you had client issue's what would you do? I posted my concerns here in hopes to get action as the phone call's did nothing. I'm glad many of you have had good results with solving your issues with your Kingman products. Unfortunately I have not had that same experience in my dealings, but I did pay the same money that you all did in order to get your marker. I'm hopeful that I will get this issue solved, and once again I thank all whom have offered suggestions and the moderators who have let me voice my concerns.

Regards,

bigred76
08-22-2006, 11:56 PM
Your ball chopping issue would most likely be solved by "breaking in" the ACS bolt. Methods of doing this are seen here. (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=4807) You don't see many threads on this part of the Forums about this particular problem, oddly... the other markers that come stock with an ACS have forums filled with complaints about this.... Hope your marker (if you still have it) works better.

Hmm, mebbe I should call Kingman and tell them to put this in their manuals with these markers... It'd do a load of good!

Nikolie
08-23-2006, 07:34 PM
I agree Bigred, for somthing so important to the function of a maker i'm surpised its not really adressed in any kind of form accept here.