PDA

View Full Version : Paintball commercials!

vikingshadow
08-20-2006, 04:28 PM
I was flipping through channels and saw an advertisement for Liquid Diamond Car polish (something about Simonize or other) and they were demonstrating how nothing sticks to it - they threw construction mud, fried an egg, tar, etc. on it and it washed right off. One of the things they showed and talked about were paintballs! They had two or three people shooting paintballs at a car and said, "These paintballs would trash an unprotected car...."

Granted, I think it's a gimmick, because everything was still wet when they washed it off, but how many commercials on national television actually show paintballs? AND, the shooters were wearing masks and uniforms!

Just thought you'd like to know!

pbfreak3221
08-20-2006, 04:31 PM
ya i saw something about paintballing on a reality tv show on mtv with my little cousin

marvin-martian
08-20-2006, 04:31 PM
cool...theyre shooting a car. sweet publicity.

bamf-hacker
08-20-2006, 04:45 PM
nice add.... you know it is hard to get those water soluble paintballs of a car :)

now the dents that is another story.

Nenkitsune
08-20-2006, 04:46 PM
and saying how the paintball would trash a car unprotected. sheesh. paintballs wash off easily with water. even after it dries it washes right off with nothing more than a bit of water

timmyshoota
08-20-2006, 05:04 PM
and saying how the paintball would trash a car unprotected. sheesh. paintballs wash off easily with water. even after it dries it washes right off with nothing more than a bit of water
What kind of paint do you use? I had my car shot up during a tourney. (I parked behind the field and it took bounces from the back dorito.) Most of the paint came off, but there was a good bit that never did, even with using chemicals in the prep dept at my dealership. When paint dries, its done for.

vwjimmy
08-20-2006, 05:13 PM
nice add.... you know it is hard to get those water soluble paintballs of a car :)

now the dents that is another story.
We call it 'Paintless Dent Removal' and we are pretty good at it at my shop.....
I never thought about 'Paint Dent Removal'......LOL

thechubbss12
08-20-2006, 07:24 PM
LOL nice one....

Yep vike it happens every once in awhile... usualy its with people using unsafe paintball mechanincs... (no masks)