PDA

View Full Version : Never have I been angry at $500 in gear

Baller-59
08-20-2006, 01:09 PM
until yesterday

So, for the backstory. I went to play paintball with my AFROTC det(for free:)) unfortunately they only bought one bag per person:(. In an even more unfortunate incident When I went to chrono the E-99 in front of EVERYBODY. It got to 183 on the chrono.(This is getting pissed at $170 of gear) I dunno wtf happened. My guess at this time is operator error. Luckily I had the T1 I recently purchased. Chrono'd just fine at 285. Set the ROF up to 30 and got ready to mow some faces. Enter getting pissed at $200 in gear. We played woodsball mainly. Somehow there was either so much blowback up through the feedneck that it was pushing two balls into the one above it creating one massive mess streaming out of the gun and shooting the crap up into the Halo. I'm not talkin about a one time incident. I'm talking about a full on river of paint. Every available hole in the marker had paint oozing out of it: the detent, eye cover, feedneck, you name it it had paint coming out of it. The mess inside of the hopper wasn't much better. I don't have the base halo either. I got it for 110, rip drive for 25, and a suicide shell for 50. Means I was getting pissed at $185 in hopper. I took the bastard apart at the field and cleaned it the best I could making sure to at least get some of the paint off the eyes. I then sat there and put mu finger up the *** to make sure it worked ok. When I was satisfied I put it back together and put it back on the T1 hoping it would be different. nope, same issue. I couldn't get a decent shot off with it. the best range I got was 40 feet and it didn't even get to where I wanted. I passed up buying a 2k3 lasoya the night before for $350. I'm waiting for a shipment from smart parts to come in so I can rock the shocker. I'm just hoping that the paint that got onto the board didn't mess it up. Otherwise I'll be investing on having it turned into a reloader. Eyes are starting to become more of a curse than a gift. Plus the eyes on the E99 appear to be drilled wrong so when they are on the gun it won't fire and I know for a fact a ball is in the chamber. And has anybody ever noticed that when YOU want the eye to turn off it won't but when you are checking to see if that function works it does?

chubb0rz
08-20-2006, 01:18 PM
The E99 might have just needed maintence or you may have forgot you adjusted something and forgot to turn it back.

What kind of bolt are you using on the T1? If its stock the orings should eliminate the blowback you are getting. But a way to check this is to put two balls in the breech and fire a shot. If the second one jumps up than you still have it. Try adjusting your lpr down a tad to see if this clears it up.

The problem more than likely isnt the halo. I've been using a stock halo for about 2 yrs now without a problem on every gun I've owned. But when in doubt try another hopper.

As far as the E99 not firing w.o a ball in the breech make sure the ball isnt rolling back. Or you can test the eyes with your finger (without the gun being aired up of course) to see if that trips them. If it doesnt make sure the eyes are seated right both in the slots and the plug.

Baller-59
08-20-2006, 01:22 PM
It has the Jam bolt in it. I got frustrated at one point and was attempting to manually feed balls with the hopper off and both of the balls in the feedneck came flying out.

Before I cleaned out the halo I pulled the tank off of the T1 and put it on the E99 and it shot fine....without paint and a barrel.

I may have forgotten to put the push button for the ASA all the way so it would have airflow. I already pulled the eyes all the way out and I have no plans to put them back in without first buying another E-99 body and having the eyes drilled using the template. It did it before and would only fire if the gun was tipped a certain way. Plus the XSF eye cover is a PITA to put back on

timmyshoota
08-20-2006, 01:22 PM
Um...turn up the reg on the E99?

Halos are made to prevent blowback so its very unlikely that blowback caused any problems. Forcefeed hoppers will push right past blowback. You chopped paint. I'd check your breech and bolt for any defects. Also replace your detents. I would almost bet the detents were the cause. Bad detents = double feed = chopppppppppps.

vikingshadow
08-20-2006, 01:27 PM
Hmmmm, I had two T1's and never had this issue unless I chopped a ball - which never really happened because I also had a Jambolt and used an eggy.

A coupld or things you could do would be to take the clear plastic piece out of the T1 that cover the eyes and supposedly "protect" the eye from getting dirty. The cover gets messed up so the eye can't see it.

The next thing I have to ask is if you broke the Jambolt in yet? That makes a difference as well!

Setting your speed to thirty is pretty extreme because the gun definitely cannot shoot that fast without some problems - I kept mine on 18 and it was find! Were you using the Nitro mode?

I have to go to the gym but will check in here again in a bit...

Baller-59
08-20-2006, 01:30 PM
it was in semi. I don't have a clue if the JAM bolt is broken in or not since it came with the gun. I bought it used. I don't plan on using it again until it sees about $200 or more thrown at it for a different bolt, delrin ram, QEV, micro rock LPR and a T board.

Um...turn up the reg on the E99?

Halos are made to prevent blowback so its very unlikely that blowback caused any problems. Forcefeed hoppers will push right past blowback. You chopped paint. I'd check your breech and bolt for any defects. Also replace your detents. I would almost bet the detents were the cause. Bad detents = double feed = chopppppppppps.

no reg yet. i'm waiting for the cash to turn it LP, when the reg will actually be ther eto do something. At this point buying the shocker is my #1 priority. i had the 2nd longest shim in it from my ST shim kit in. I forgot to take pressure off of the spring the last time I used it so there wasn't any room to turn it up in the back. I'm thinking the spring may be toast. Who makes detents for T1s anyway?

doublefeeding wouldn't be able to explain how I could pull an intact ball out of the Halo with the shells of two other paintballs on it.

timmyshoota
08-20-2006, 01:35 PM
I would work the issues out before you dump a lot of money into it. The worst thing you could do is take a bad gun and put money into it and come out with a bad gun still. Fix the problems, then upgrade. I'd get a new bolt first and see if that fixes the chopping.

chubb0rz
08-20-2006, 01:43 PM
If you have another bolt try swapping them out. Or put the jam bolt in and try manaul cycling it to check how "soft" the Anti Jaming is. If its not broken that maybe why.

Baller-59
08-20-2006, 01:44 PM
^I have the stock bolt, but i'm not in much of a hurry to see what metal on metal would do to the upper tube. Right now it looks pretty, and not pretty scratched up.

the only thing that isn't on the list to be replaced is the VA, body, and springs. I don't think those would have anything to do with that. Would rocket valve would wokr on a T1?

timmyshoota
08-20-2006, 01:51 PM
worn breechs may not look pretty, but I bet you the stock bolt will work better.

If you plan on getting a Shocker, prepare to have a silver breach, because the anno wears off the breech like crazy.

Baller-59
08-20-2006, 02:04 PM
oh well

chubb0rz
08-20-2006, 02:21 PM
worn breechs may not look pretty, but I bet you the stock bolt will work better.

If you plan on getting a Shocker, prepare to have a silver breach, because the anno wears off the breech like crazy.
and the body to...

timmyshoota
08-20-2006, 02:22 PM
Well thats a given :p

Baller-59
08-20-2006, 05:38 PM
after messing with the bolt a little, I'm pretty sure it's broken in. I'm in no hurry to stuff my finger down the feedneck to try it out with the gun aired up, but it didn't take much pressure for the JAM bolt to not pinch my finger. It didn't feel like it was putting much pressure on my finger anyway.

thechubbss12
08-20-2006, 07:18 PM
ALright... well for the E99.... your problem was that you were using N2... granted it is 800 PSI of air but on some spyders that just isnt enough... Stock un LP'd spyders run better on C02 IMO....

T-1... Ill bet you that the Jam bolt does not have o-rings... so blow by is going to be a issue... IMO get a t-board W/ ultra chip and some eyes ditch the Jam bolt and buy a LP bolt and all of those problems will disappear. Lastly since you do not have a QEV on you T-1 then try to adjust your LP DOWN... not up like someone else suggested... Because i promise you the t-1s noid does not vent preasure well at all and when you have 100 PSI stuck in the ram sleeve with no were to go then you are going to get half cycles with loads of chopped paintballs..

Baller-59
08-20-2006, 07:25 PM
the JAM bolt is delrin and has no need for O rings. It has the humpfrey(sp) noid in it. Is the torp a good reg or should I look into upgrading that too?

before I was able to get 260ish out of the E99 so I told him he had to be ****tin me and the next ball rolled out of the barrel.

I don't need the ultra chip, straight semi is all I need. I don't need technology to cope for any lack of skill.

Command2A
08-20-2006, 07:40 PM
it was in semi. I don't have a clue if the JAM bolt is broken in or not since it came with the gun. I bought it used. I don't plan on using it again until it sees about $200 or more thrown at it for a different bolt, delrin ram, QEV, micro rock LPR and a T board.

no reg yet. i'm waiting for the cash to turn it LP, when the reg will actually be ther eto do something. At this point buying the shocker is my #1 priority. i had the 2nd longest shim in it from my ST shim kit in. I forgot to take pressure off of the spring the last time I used it so there wasn't any room to turn it up in the back. I'm thinking the spring may be toast. Who makes detents for T1s anyway?

doublefeeding wouldn't be able to explain how I could pull an intact ball out of the Halo with the shells of two other paintballs on it.

WELCOME to Spyder Paintball. $$$$

Baller-59
08-20-2006, 07:56 PM
right now I have 3 works in progress. technicaly four but I haven't touched it yet so technically it doesn't count. I'm thinking about turning a stinray into the full auto gun like the one guy did. like I said i haven't touched it so it doesn't count. But by that rule I haven't really touched the T1 so I only have two works in progress. the shocker will make work #5. i just have to find a way to "sell" a gun to myself.

I've been in the game for over 5 years btw. i already knew about some of the flaws in the E-99. I was just waiting for the opprotunity($$$$) to fix them.

Baller-59
09-08-2006, 06:13 PM
Update:

I finally got back to putting my halo back together. didn't matter though since I used my old revvy(thank God). Put four balls in and was pulling the trigger with nothing happening. tried to disable the eyes(I think I did it). I pulled off the revvy first and had the gun sideways. all three balls in the stack went out the feedneck. two burst against the side of the house. The third is MIA. I then put a ball in to test for blowby. almost none, a tiny puff of air. I also had a listen to the gun before doing my next test(I sorta giggled after the test but stopped after remembering what I paid for it). I heard the noid leaking so I decided to turn it down. gave it a half turn instead of a quarter after it stopped leaking to see what that'd do for me. put two in the feedneck, shot one out, and it was AT LEAST TWO SECONDS before the one in the feedneck made a healthy thwump in front of me. I aint got no Halo problem. I got a gun problem. BTW I had two in the revvy break from the force of the ball(no cleaning the halo for me)

now I'm not angry at the Halo, so now I'm only angry at $320 in gear

Doing that last night made me have the decision to buy meself an Etek today. I was like a kid in the candy store looking at the wall and deciding what I wanted to look at. It was also a good feeling having the ability to afford anything on the wall since they were out of Egos.