PDA

View Full Version : T-Board for the MR3

SpyderManMR1
08-20-2006, 08:52 AM
I recently asked Kingman why the eyes are off in full auto for the MR3 and why it is capped off at 13bps. Here's the exact quote of their response:

"The rate of fire is capped at full-auto because the eyes are not active during this mode and the reason why it is not active with this firing mode is because the command chip can not accommodate anymore programs."

With that, I checked into the availability of the T-Board for the MR3 and found that they only have to complete the development of a new wiring harness and it should be ready in a couple of weeks.

Does anyone think it's worth upgrading to the new board?

warhammer72
08-21-2006, 10:22 AM
Why do you need faster than 13bps. Most fields don't even allow full auto anyway. There's a guy at our field we call silent bob. He plays with a pump gun and is absolutely ruthless! He wears a bright yellow hawaiin shirt to get people to shoot at him. He almost never gets shot. Yeah it's cool to show up at the field with somthing that screams on full auto; but you just end up throwing away paint. It's all personal preference. As soon as you get more info on the board, how bout lettin a brutha know. I like to throw as much paint as I can!

shunut
08-21-2006, 10:31 AM
Agreed. No field by me allows full auto or ramping and most say if you have the capability to cap your ROF then you need to cap it at 15. If they catch you going over you are kicked off the field, no second chances.

SpyderManMR1
08-21-2006, 11:58 AM
In all honesty, I tend to like the strategy side of things rather than just laying down a ton of paint. I totally hear what you guys are saying and also tend to agree.

I really only wanted to better understand why the MR3 is simply not capable of fullfilling it's entire potential. I do just as well on any field with my MR1 as I do with the MR3. However, there are a few occasions when we have pickup games in the desert where I'd like to return the same ROF that I'm surpressed with.

DRAGON
08-21-2006, 01:40 PM
I thought that t-board was for the MR2. The MR3 should suffice even at 13bps in full auto. Why the hell is 13bps not enough? Because more is better? I think alot of people just want that 30bps so they can say their marker shoots at that rof so like, "beware of me" lol. I'd even bet Kingman knew 13bps is plenty enough but upped the rof on their new software because it's a selling point even if 99% of the people buying the markers couldn't even get close to that rof lolerz. Now, if I were Kingman and someone *****es about chopping I'd say, "Hey WTF, you wanted the damned ridiculously high rof, now you got it and you're still *****ing.....deal with it" -

/rant........

dc240sx
11-04-2006, 06:04 AM
just wanted to say, i just installed the t-board in my mr3 and what a difference. just haveing the different options and ability to adjust different aspects of the marker is well worth the up grade.

mr3
j&j 14" ceramic barrel
vlocity

Mistic67
11-06-2006, 07:10 PM
I just put the VerC T-Board in my MR3. I ran out of juice before I could crank the bps up. Yes, I want to waste paint! But even more important, I will intimidate the hell out of my prey!!!;)

Honestly though, 12-15 bps is way plenty. In reality, I'll probably just use semi most of the time.

Charging it tonight to re-test tomorrow.

***Update 11/13/2006***

Well, I've tested the board. Now that I've got the eyes fixed, battery charged, etc, I've got to say it works nicely. I did get it up to 20 bps but had some problems. I know I have a fast enough hopper, but for some reason a ball gets jammed between bolt and feed neck after about 3 seconds of firing. If anyone has any advice on this please post.

Here are my settings:

Dwell: 2 ms (no problem releasing striker)
Debounce: 5 ms (no double firing)
Eye Delay: Started at 10 ms, now back to 15 ms

I'm using an Empire B2 with Speed set to 6, Mic set at 3, and Spring Tension Monitoring ON.

I had brand new Lithium batteries in the hopper. Could it be the spring tension monitoring or do I need to increase the eye delay even higher?

TIA!

Mickey
11-15-2006, 08:10 PM
Were you using CO2?

dc240sx
11-17-2006, 03:47 AM
mistic67, what problem did you have with your eyes? i have a small problem with mine. i have been leaveing them off. also i have my rof set at 20 and have no problem, all my settings are at the default. i shot mine in the psp ramping mode.

Hob Hayward
11-17-2006, 12:50 PM
You might be getting bounce. Try upping the debounce on the t-board.

Mistic67
11-21-2006, 12:15 PM
Like I wrote earlier, it wouldn't detect anything. It was only after doing some electronic troubleshooting that I realized the wires were reversed on the photo sensor (darker one).

Mickey
11-29-2006, 09:51 PM
Just bought the tboard, anyone can tell me, or show me pics on where the connections go, i would greatly appriciate it! the instrustions are vague to say the least!

same aftermarket board as you guys have.

Thanks!