PDA

View Full Version : Speedball and the MR2

Maverick-Tef
08-20-2006, 07:55 AM
Guys, and new on Paintball. Before I began reading and understandig Paintball, I decided to buy a Marker and the one like me the most was the MR2. It hans arrived yet to my home since I leave in Venezuela and it can take several days to arrive.

The thing is: Now I finally understood what scenario is and what speedball is. Well, the thing is that where I live, there are only speedball fields.

Then, My question for you guys: CAN THE MR2 BE USED / USEFULL in speedball scenarios???????????????????????? If one want to use it in Speedball fields, one should remove the stock or it can be used maybe being a STOPPER????????

Please, your comments are important since I havent even played once and it seems that playing speedballs are my only option.

I have read in order forums that it can be used in speedball mode, but I believe that in this forum might be more specialized users of the MR2. Read at:

http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/4226/

Thanks alot.

Mav

wylde01
08-20-2006, 11:17 AM
well the mr2 can keep up with alot of speedball guns, but, it is a little on the heavy side. so if that answers anything then good. if you have more questions or i did not respond with the right answer than tell me and ill try to help

Maverick-Tef
08-20-2006, 04:58 PM
well the mr2 can keep up with alot of speedball guns, but, it is a little on the heavy side. so if that answers anything then good. if you have more questions or i did not respond with the right answer than tell me and ill try to help

Thanks for your prompt response. Would you recommend removing the stock while playing speedball?????????? a remote would help?????? Im not a fast guy and I dont pretend be a running guy while playing speedball. I heard that the MR2 is great for STOPPER players. What do you think??????

Mav, and thx alot once again.

wylde01
08-21-2006, 02:10 PM
removing the stock is just a personal preference. as of me, i like the stock (it helps me aim better) yes a remote would help ALOT!!!! it takes a little bit of weight off of the back of the gun. as for stopper players i think its good

Hossy
08-21-2006, 03:10 PM
any gun can be used for woodsball or speedball. the player makes the gun. I woulda suggested getting a regular spyder, such a tlx or a victor 2.

tehaines
08-21-2006, 08:17 PM
Although I like how the stock looks, you will probably find that you will want to remove it for speedball. I don't play speedball (can't afford to shoot that much paint) I would think a shorter gun would be better to quickly move the gun from one side to the other when shooting around bunkers. Go ahead and try it both ways though. And yes I would think it would work fine in speedball. As stated above it is a tad on the heavy side but nothing that can't be handled. It fires at a good rate in semi-auto so as others say, its the player not the gun that wins games.

Nikolie
08-23-2006, 07:52 PM
I use the MR2 at my local speed ball field. It runs good and keeps up with the higher preformace markers with the added bonus of being able to be drop kicked and not brake. Though because of the weight of the gun i would suggest keeping the stock off and using smaller Co2 (or going to the carbon fiber Hight Pressure Air Tanks). That way it wont feel like your running a bolling ball down field :)

Cheers
Niko

Kotsuumo
08-24-2006, 11:50 AM
I use my MR2 for scenario and speed ball, though I dont have all i want for speedball, it works better then i hoped. Just gotta strip it down to lighten it up. Not the best setup in the world by far, but its mine. :P

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/5329/picture003iv0.th.jpg (http://img201.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture003iv0.jpg)

Maxx-Damage
08-24-2006, 01:02 PM
Kotsuumo- Do u have anything plugging the bolt hole were the stock was?

Kotsuumo
08-24-2006, 03:26 PM
just some electrical tape, it wasnt a big problem, but i didnt want shrapnal going in there. i saw that someone suggested it somewhere here. it works for what it does.

Maxx-Damage
08-24-2006, 04:20 PM
Alright, i wanted to know for when i play again. I might try that instead of something else that i find.

oldnewb
08-25-2006, 09:11 AM
just some electrical tape, it wasnt a big problem, but i didnt want shrapnal going in there. i saw that someone suggested it somewhere here. it works for what it does.

Maybe try a barrel plug?

Kotsuumo
08-26-2006, 11:44 AM
that looks ugly though, and for me my plug made it hard to cock the gun.

Maverick-Tef
08-27-2006, 05:17 AM
Thx guys for all your responses. I got the gun but I havent even played yet, LOL. I would let you know as soon as I test the gun. Thx for the suggestions.

Mav

vikingshadow
08-27-2006, 05:30 AM
Kotsuumo - looks pretty decent for speedball, but if I could make a suggestion, you might get a drop or rail that would make your tank more on the level instead of jutting down at an angle. You can lower the height at which your gun sits, and your loader won't be poking above your head.

My shocker had a crazy angled drop when I first bought it, and once I got a rail and asa, it sat a lot tighter and more comfy.

Like these guys said, you can use the Spyder for speedball, ESPECIALLY if you strip it down. I wouldn't necessarily suggest getting another gun right now for speedball, especially since you just started so this one should work ok for you. Have fun and enjoy it - that's the most important thing!

Kotsuumo
08-27-2006, 10:57 AM
well, i plan on getting a Smart Parts Angle Drop with matching bottom line asa, but then id have to get some new air lines, and im afraid to mess with that stuff.

Baozer
08-27-2006, 12:45 PM
wow... i wouldnt mind having an mr to play speedball with... atleast its better then a tippman rental >.< the rentals have like 8.5inch barrels lol.... literally.

Maverick-Tef
08-27-2006, 04:58 PM
Kotsuumo - looks pretty decent for speedball, but if I could make a suggestion, you might get a drop or rail that would make your tank more on the level instead of jutting down at an angle. You can lower the height at which your gun sits, and your loader won't be poking above your head.

My shocker had a crazy angled drop when I first bought it, and once I got a rail and asa, it sat a lot tighter and more comfy.

Like these guys said, you can use the Spyder for speedball, ESPECIALLY if you strip it down. I wouldn't necessarily suggest getting another gun right now for speedball, especially since you just started so this one should work ok for you. Have fun and enjoy it - that's the most important thing!

Thanks my friend. Just, I hjave been crazy buying things on the net without even been able to play this in about 5 years. Thx again guys.

slipknot6392
08-31-2006, 01:45 PM
hello, for the MR-2 i have tried both woods and speed with stock and without, i found in woods stock is great but in speed if your attacking dont use it it slows you down and gets in the way of those tight shots but if your gonna hang back in speed ball you can use a stock if your playing tail but if your playing attacker then you mineaswelll take the stock off, but for woods im all for stock.

Chapman88
09-24-2006, 04:13 PM
Hey, i use my mr2 for speed ball, all u need is to take off the stock and use hpa along with an electro loader, the sppedball guys dont expect u to be able to rip paint like that with a spider, neverminda mil. sim. gun.