PDA

View Full Version : detents..

DisIsMyUsername
08-19-2006, 08:30 PM
Ok..I have a TL+ with the old style detents. ya kno, the little rubber thing?

Anyway, is it possible to take off the old one, drill the slot for the rubber claw into a round one so that a ball-bearing detent can fit? Just asking before I go and make a bigger hole and ef things up. I'm sure somebody has done it before, so i just want to kno if it worked or if its possible.

Thanks guys.

Backmanshooter
08-19-2006, 10:26 PM
Ok..I have a TL+ with the old style detents. ya kno, the little rubber thing?

Anyway, is it possible to take off the old one, drill the slot for the rubber claw into a round one so that a ball-bearing detent can fit? Just asking before I go and make a bigger hole and ef things up. I'm sure somebody has done it before, so i just want to kno if it worked or if its possible.

Thanks guys.Yea..I'm pretty sure that may work. May want to wait for more reponses, but I'm pretty sure you can.

ooglieboogliebob
08-20-2006, 12:35 AM
No you couldn't do it that way. You could drill and tap it so you can have a detent, but i'd rather just get a timmy detent. Whats wrong with the one you currently have now ??

thechubbss12
08-20-2006, 06:04 AM
Timmy detents > spyder detents.... Just buy a pack of 3 timmy detents and that should last you more then a year...

DisIsMyUsername
08-20-2006, 10:34 AM
hmm, i wonder if i should take pix...

What's wrong with them is that it's double feeding, and i'm pretty sure its cause of that crappy old rubber detent. I catch myself shooting two balls at a time with one trigger pull. So it does have, but they're the old style cause the new spydies have the ball detents but the hole for those are round.

You guys want pix that way you can kinda visualize what i'm talkin bout?

Backmanshooter
08-20-2006, 10:57 AM
hmm, i wonder if i should take pix...

What's wrong with them is that it's double feeding, and i'm pretty sure its cause of that crappy old rubber detent. I catch myself shooting two balls at a time with one trigger pull. So it does have, but they're the old style cause the new spydies have the ball detents but the hole for those are round.

You guys want pix that way you can kinda visualize what i'm talkin bout?Yes!

vwjimmy
08-20-2006, 11:16 AM
A 'Timmy' detent will fit right into the plate that holds down your current 'crappy old' one. The timmy detent is stiffer and will not require any modification of your marker. All detents need replacing every now and then. Just replace it and you will be good to go!

DisIsMyUsername
08-20-2006, 02:56 PM
talkin about these jimmy?

http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/3888/

I might just try to get a hold of those then. You say they fit right where the old rubber detent went? No mods?

The drilling idea was cause I thought the ball detents were better, but if this helps my double feeding prob then i might as well give it a try.

ooglieboogliebob
08-20-2006, 03:14 PM
yup those are the detents. Timmy detents are the best. Go for it, it's a quick easy fix ;)

DisIsMyUsername
08-20-2006, 03:18 PM
lol yay!

Thanks jim and oog. Now i gotta find em, any help?

Thanks to backman too for helpin out and of course the chubbs

druid
08-20-2006, 04:01 PM
here are "extra hard timmy detents' which are what you are looking for....

http://www.paintballkingdom.com/index.asp?PageAction=PRODSEARCH&txtSearch=detents&btnSearch=GO&Page=1

DisIsMyUsername
08-20-2006, 05:48 PM
:bow:

Thanks Dru, knew i can count on you and that search button. :rolleyes:

DisIsMyUsername
08-20-2006, 06:34 PM
I just bought the detents,

at first I was like wow! 2 bucks! and then they slammed me with shipping costs, but its all good. Hopefully this'll fix the prob. Thanks to all you guys.

leed
08-20-2006, 08:25 PM
Now.. I have the same problem, well not quite, I can't use nubbin detents, because of my bolt, and I don't really feel like cutting slots in the bolt.. But I need to find a ball detent so the Bolt Action doesn't Double feed (it does often) But I have to also find the gigantic drill and tap. But what size threads are the screws for the standard spyder Ball Detents?

DisIsMyUsername
08-20-2006, 08:43 PM
OH FACK!..

so now that I bought this hard detent, do i need to mill out some of the bolt so that it doesn't slow it down?

druid
08-20-2006, 09:39 PM
not if there are slots in the side of the bolt face. If there aren't, you will need to put them there. a dremel will do just fine

ooglieboogliebob
08-21-2006, 03:34 AM
^^ Yep, a grinding wheel. Though some autococker bolts don't have a detent slot, and still don't cause a major problem, if at all ....

druid
08-21-2006, 08:11 AM
true dat...forgot about AC bolts. Wel, if you remove the bolt from the marker and look in the upper tube, you can see how far the nub sticks into the breech. Too long and it may get chopped off.

Use the wider grinding wheel as suggested (think it's like 1/8" thick) and make a chanel from the front and back to about 1/16" beyond where the nub stops on the bolt. round off any sharp endge you make.

vwjimmy
08-21-2006, 09:06 AM
It must already be preped for the detent.....
He is just replacing one that was already there!

DisIsMyUsername
08-21-2006, 09:24 AM
Yea I haven't double-checked, but I'm sure my bolt is prepped for the detent, but I think they're helpin leed out. not too sure? :confused: lol

I have a delrin acs bolt and if i needed to mill out a bit for the harder detent i just bought, it'd probably be cake. hopefully.