PDA

View Full Version : Teh water here sux!!!!!!!!

DRAGON
08-19-2006, 01:45 PM
Well I'm about to go out on my weekly water run. I've been here for 2+ years and still not used to this crap. The water here is OK for cooking or taking a bath but for drinking it totally sux! :mad: It's not like hard water from the sticks. Yano that stuff that when you soap up during a bath it seems you can never get it rinsed off? It just has this weird taste to it. Most all locally buy drinking water -

I either have to get shafted at the local grocery store or pay 20 cents a gallon at the local outside purification machines. I suppose I could always pay $1000 for a purification system then pay tons to sporadically install new filters. One of the downfalls of paradise I suppose but it's tiring just the same. I guess you don't know what you got till it's gone -

I wonder how people from other countries deal with drinking water? They might even think this stuff tastes good lol. Anyone else gotta go through this pain in the buttsky for drinking water? -

vwjimmy
08-19-2006, 01:49 PM
What about one of those Brita pitchers?
My old man and his wife use one and they swear by it. Their water is really bad too....

claustrophobia9
08-19-2006, 01:51 PM
if you buy bottled get aquafina its teh best (yea... you old people know im a different generation when i can taste the differences between bottled water)

TheRedBarron
08-19-2006, 01:57 PM
Poland Springs > Aquafina

But anyway, Drago we cannot drink our water either, it just does not taste good at all and our well is spring fed...(woot no city water, sucky drinking water ftl though) I mean I don't have to pay for what water we use for showers and dishes,cooking and cleaning the bunkers (more important than the other 3 ;)) but in turn we pay for all of our drinking water. I buy in bulk I have a office style water cooler in my shop for the team mostly, and I have one in the basement of the house where our company tends to hang out. But I also buy small bottles for Shanna and I get distilled water for the baby it gets tiring having to do this but IMO it is worth it to have good water.

Hossy
08-19-2006, 02:04 PM
I heard bottled water has more of a water kick to it

:)

DRAGON
08-19-2006, 02:11 PM
Ya I know about those Brita's and such but iced tea is basically about all I drink. I usually cook up a gallon or two at a time. Sitting there waiting for 1 or 2 gallons to sift it's way through a filter just doesn't seem a good idea to me. Bottled water is just outrageously priced IMO. What makes it worse at times, sometimes I'll get to the water machine and there'll be someone filling up like 5 or 6 of those 5 gallon jugs and I'll have to wait about 20 minutes till they're done. Ah.......it's just a pain in the butt sometimes - :dodgy:

TheRedBarron
08-19-2006, 02:13 PM
I can get Poland Springs for $4.44 for a 32 pack of .5 litre bottles, if only I could ship them to you without it costing a fortune.

druid
08-19-2006, 02:16 PM
we have good water :D

DRAGON
08-19-2006, 02:26 PM
we have good water :D

I have sandy tropical beaches, butt floss bikini's, sunshine almost year round, paintball year round, ocean waters all around, the temps rarely get below 50*, but teh drinking water sux! -

TheRedBarron
08-19-2006, 02:30 PM
I have sandy tropical beaches, butt floss bikini's, sunshine almost year round, paintball year round, ocean waters all around, the temps rarely get below 50*...-
PWNz?

QAZ123
08-19-2006, 02:42 PM
We have spring water but I don't drink it. If I buy bottled water I buy the .69 gallon jug's at the grocery never will I buy bottle's of water.

Most the time I'll buy one bottle of water then refill it repeatedly at the water fountain all day since I drink over a gallon a day of it.

JB.

calebh
08-19-2006, 06:47 PM
I have sandy tropical beaches, butt floss bikini's, sunshine almost year round, paintball year round, ocean waters all around, the temps rarely get below 50*, but teh drinking water sux! -

dude, where do you live? all i drink is coke and oj, so im movin :P

marvin-martian
08-19-2006, 06:52 PM
florida

claustrophobia9
08-19-2006, 06:56 PM
Poland Springs > Aquafina
ewh poland springs is too crisp, its almost like a salty bitter taste to it, aquafina has a smooth and sweet taste to it. both are better than dasani though.

Tk-421
08-19-2006, 07:08 PM
at my dads,well water ftw...and the city water at my house isnt all that bad imo

Warnichek
08-21-2006, 05:44 AM
The old well water we used to drink at my dad's house was full of iron. You couldn't drink it fast or it would make me & my brother puke. And if it stormed outside, red water. you know from all of that good Alabama Red Dirt.

now we all have city water, and it is great tasting.

Theheroguy
08-21-2006, 06:22 AM
I've got well water we have our own filtration system so thewaters is as good here for everybody as they pay for their system. Our water is still hard and we pay for electricity to get it. We try to use brita filters and our fridges filter

splaturout
08-21-2006, 06:30 AM
We have a culligan filter system on my well at the cabin. It runs about 200 every two months but the water is really nice now. I would suggest looking into some kind of system that is directly attached to your MAIN system so the entire house can be used for drinking water and not just the faucet in the kitchen.

I am a realtor and we have a couple plumes around the area and depending on the seriousness of it I have seen drinking systems that run into the 10,000. All depends on the seriousness of the situation. If you are just concerned about the taste you should be able to get away with something cheaper as I have. Call Culligan and ask.

Theheroguy
08-21-2006, 07:45 AM
We have a culligan filter system on my well at the cabin. It runs about 200 every two months but the water is really nice now. I would suggest looking into some kind of system that is directly attached to your MAIN system so the entire house can be used for drinking water and not just the faucet in the kitchen.

I am a realtor and we have a couple plumes around the area and depending on the seriousness of it I have seen drinking systems that run into the 10,000. All depends on the seriousness of the situation. If you are just concerned about the taste you should be able to get away with something cheaper as I have. Call Culligan and ask.

it is connected to our whole house

my post was confusing but it filter the minerals and our water is no longer hard but we still filter it more with the brita

TheRedBarron
08-21-2006, 07:48 AM
it is connected to our whole house

my post was confusing but it filter the minerals and our water is no longer hard but we still filter it more with the brita
Tis called a water softener.

splaturout
08-21-2006, 07:50 AM
no water softner for me...just a filter.

TheRedBarron
08-21-2006, 07:56 AM
I tend to be talking to the person that I quoted in a post that contains a quote.

On the other hand, some people would be surprised at how hard their water is if you have it tested. I mean just because you can take a shower and the soap comes off from you cleanly does not mean that your water is not hard. I had ours tested and I found out that ours is indeed hard granted its not as bad as half of the people here in Maine, but I still invested in a nice water softening system and I wouldnt have it any other way now.

splaturout
08-21-2006, 08:02 AM
agreed.....I thought he was responding to me and then you corrected him and I wanted him to know that there is a difference from a water softner and water filter system.

I had a softner but we are in an area that 3M has put filters on our water towers so they are not needed.I also found that by taking the softner off I get better water pressure and that means I can now water my lawn, flush the toliet, and take a shower at the same time. That is soooo nice. My cabin is the place that needs the water filter.

phatphil
08-21-2006, 06:46 PM
My drinking water sucks too. Not sure why. Bottled water ftw.

Theheroguy
08-21-2006, 06:50 PM
we have a softner and a filter
end of confusion
after it gets filtered it gets softened if it didn't haveboth It would be undrinkable ni more quoting me I win

thechubbss12
08-22-2006, 04:04 AM
LOL Sux to be all of you.... Moore Oklahoma was rated to having the 3rd best tasteing water in America.... Trust me... water out of my unfilterd/softend faucet tastes so much better and feels so much softer then any Bottled or culagan water system....

Living the good life in Moore oklahoma... paintball tourneys all year round... good water... Naturaly beautiful women who dont wear make up... Cheap gas and a cheap cost of living....

Cant beat Oklahoma :dodgy:

Ace24
08-22-2006, 09:08 AM
Britta filters FTL. It takes out EVERYTHING. No minerals that your body needs, no floride that your teeth enamel needs... its just H2O.

But I live in Rochester, NY and we are blessed with one of the best water filtration services I have ever seen. I went down to FL and tried the water down there and almost puked. Up here the water is so clean you can litterally drink it out of the tap.

davidthegr8
08-22-2006, 09:16 AM
my town had some dumb E-Coli watch last week cuz they found a lot of ecoli in this one neighborhood's water....

but Cary has nice water usually

pbfreak3221
08-22-2006, 10:06 AM
My water is soooo good right from the tap ice cold it's practically all I drink

calebh
08-22-2006, 02:31 PM
well water with added sulfur ftw at camp dierks. lol. its not the best tasting or smoothest stuff, but it keeps the bugs off.

at home tho, our waters ok. it could be better. it could be worse. so ya...

claustrophobia9
08-23-2006, 05:51 AM
water softners tend to add some salt flavoring (since water is filtered through salt and it breaks down in water eventually) which is wierd for people who arent used to the taste.

bamf-hacker
08-23-2006, 07:23 AM
We just use the filter in the fridge to get us some good tasting H20...

We do get bottled water also, but that is for when we are out.