PDA

View Full Version : Indian Creek Designs ProMaster Paintball Gun - Black

Jimmyd24
08-19-2006, 10:18 AM
Actionvillage is having a sale on them for 249, like 150 off. How good are they, is a gun worht getting instead of an ion. Do they have a lot of upgrades for indian creek, cough, virtue boatrd

DyNasty9
08-19-2006, 10:20 AM
yes, in my opinion its better then an ion. im pretty sure you dont even have to upgrade the board i think it has ramping.

calebh
08-19-2006, 10:58 AM
dont know much about em, except they look pretty sweeet. and its icd and not a bko, so its gotta be pretty rockin. i saw that ad in apg and thought it had to be a misprint, cuz its currently cheaper than the bkos... but if its for real, i say go for it

TheRedBarron
08-19-2006, 11:53 AM
They still make BKO's? The ICD Promaster is a great mid level marker with that being said it is not a BKO, it is better than a BKO will ever dream of being since it is new and is not outdated. And if I recall it takes many Freestyle upgrades so your question to whether or not it is upgradable the answer is yessir.

The Pink Panther
08-19-2006, 12:05 PM
i have one and i love it...and u dont really need a new board cuz it already has a lot of settings
and also its stock board is uncapped

Jimmyd24
08-19-2006, 02:40 PM
wuts the difference between bko and icd

Jimmyd24
08-19-2006, 02:44 PM
does anyone know if it has eyes

vwjimmy
08-19-2006, 02:52 PM
ICD stands for Indian Creek Designs....a marker manufacture...
BKO and Promaster are two of the markers they make....
My sons B2K4 w/PDS is really nice
Oh yea, Promasters have eyes...

Jimmyd24
08-19-2006, 03:00 PM
i think im gonna get the promsaster, i like the look of it better than the ion and it has like 30bps cap and nice ramping stock

Jimmyd24
08-19-2006, 03:01 PM
it says that it low pressure, does that mean i gotsa get a lp tank instead of my hp tank

Hossy
08-19-2006, 03:06 PM
if u have to say something and u say it in 2 different posts, dont , use the edit button

vwjimmy
08-19-2006, 04:08 PM
You can use an HP tank I think....
Make sure you check with durrel before you buy...
http://www.carolinapbs.com/catalog/
pm him cause he is still adjusting prices on the site...

durrell
08-19-2006, 06:15 PM
Eh, wish I could sell them that cheap. That's 50 dollars under my cost on them though.

calebh
08-19-2006, 07:39 PM
wow, thats still cheaper than what actionvillage has em for regularly. thats like what they sell the bkos for... if they dont make em anymore, they still sell em. and they suck. bko = bushmaster knock off, and they're cheap knock offs, too... my friend bought one, and it worked as an actual marker once. the rest of the time it was a pretty good blender. customer service couldnt even help. he sent it to them twice i think, and once, over the phone, they told him to hit it with a hammer.

that said, everything else from icd that ive seen has rocked hard

Nader
08-19-2006, 11:55 PM
the bko's suck w/o pds, but the promaster's are pretty nice.
I'd definately get one besides an Ion.

paintballer5646
08-20-2006, 07:52 AM
Get one, they are really nice guns i wish would have got one insted of my ion.

colonel_moo
08-20-2006, 09:17 AM
it says that it low pressure, does that mean i gotsa get a lp tank instead of my hp tank

no

Jimmyd24
08-20-2006, 10:14 AM
can i use co2 with that gun

vwjimmy
08-20-2006, 10:47 AM
can i use co2 with that gun
No....ICD markers require HPA or N2....

Jimmyd24
08-25-2006, 05:32 PM
srry for bringing the thread back to life, but for any of you poeple that are lookgin for promasters, ive been able to find new ones on their for like 200

Mlb06
08-25-2006, 07:46 PM
where i was thinkin of getting an ion or promaster but i diddnt feel like paying the extra 50 for asa and such but if u can find them cheaper then i might get them

Jimmyd24
08-25-2006, 07:51 PM
yea on ebay there gion brand new for an average of 200, this is from individual buyers however, not ebay stores they charge 249, i think the extra 50 though is worth it considerin the higher performance level than the ion, considerin the board alone.

Paradox313
08-26-2006, 08:21 AM
but remember you can always upgrade the crap out of an ion

i could be really wrong but i never heard of upgrades for a promaster

Jimmyd24
08-26-2006, 09:55 AM
Whats the point fo buyign an ion for 199 then having to pay for th eupgrades when you could have basically upgraded ion in the first place ("even though its nothing like an ion" barron) for 50 more

This is what you would have to do to the ion to make it like a promaster performanec
Ion: 199
Bodykit: 75(being generous)
QEV: 20
New Board(promaster capped at thrity stock): 80-110
New Bolt(promaster has delrin bolt stock): 40
Feedneck: 30
New Trigger: 15
Total: 459

Now why spend 450 IMO to buy an ion w/ups when you could get a promaster with the same performance for 250+ASA

twotoneman
08-26-2006, 10:06 AM

i could be really wrong but i never heard of upgrades for a promasterI think there compatable with some Freestyle parts.

bigred76
08-26-2006, 10:08 AM

i could be really wrong but i never heard of upgrades for a promaster
You are wrong. ;) The Promaster doesn't need many upgrades, but they have them out there. This site (http://icdunderground.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=W&Category_Code=U), for instance, has the Promaster's 2 major upgrades, the LP Cylinder and the LPR Volumizer. My reccomendations for upgrades with a Promaster: ASA (dur), feedneck, grips (if you're odd and don't like Hogue grips for some reason), and barrel. Basic preference ups for any marker. It's hard finding feednecks that are compatable, but the Ion/Shocker threaded Q-Lock deffinately works as well as any other ICD threaded neck.

They are compatable with Freestyle boards and triggers, yes. But the stockers are great by any regular player's standards.

And JimmyD, an upgraded Ion with all the needed ups is only $200 used. Try some research, please. ;) The Promaster has capped (15bps) and uncapped modes. The uncapped with eyes on are capped at whatever your hopper feeds. The uncapped with eyes off is only ~23-25bps. And your prices are new, please denote that as I can go through and point out what parts you can get used that really don't matter and cut about half of your "upgrades" price off.

conradl
08-26-2006, 10:28 AM
do you think the price will ever come down any more, or do is it EVER going to go back the the original 400?

and what is the differance between the promaster and the lasoya promaster?

thanks

vikingshadow
08-26-2006, 10:32 AM
Let's not turn this into ANOTHER Promaster vs Ion thread. Different strokes for different folks - let each judge for himself, blah blah, blah...

I would like to say that 30 bps is NOT a selling point to any gun, in my humble opinion. If you can shoot that fast and have a loader that fast WITHOUT help, please post a video and let me eat my words. And then, find a REPUTABLE field that will let you shoot that fast either in rec or in tournament and I'll shut up.

Both guns have plusses and minuses. For instance, I've never seen a promaster come new in box that actually worked - that's 5 different ones in a row. Not saying it's common, and maybe we got a major bad batch, but still....Also seen several Ions that didn't work out of the box.

Let's list facts and opinions that are noted as opinions, but let's cool the hatred towards another gun because it just gets old for the 15 millionth time and I'm to tired to deal with another thread like that.

Thank you and have a great day!

bigred76
08-26-2006, 10:32 AM
I'm glad I sold my Promaster when I did, right before resale on them dropped 50 bucks. They're now about $250 used. I don't know if the price will drop anymore, but I can assure you it wont go higher for the new markers.

All information is here on the Lasoya PM. (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1390048) Also, the manual is here. (http://www.icdpaintball.com/icd05/lasoyamanual.html) Basic difference is the board and milling.

Prolly got a bad batch, Vike. I got a bad one as well, took a bit to get working, but I bought used. Gofigure.

Jimmyd24
08-26-2006, 05:15 PM
big red, when i was listing my prices i was listing them new, i wouldnt list the promaster price (240) as new and then compare it to a used ion, and I would like to know where you can get a used ion with all the ups for 200

bigred76
08-26-2006, 11:12 PM
I said "needed ups," like QEV, feedneck, on/off, grips, and barrel. The only ups it really needs. PBN and Ion Owners are the places to go for that stuff. Just have to shop around some. ;)