PDA

View Full Version : T board question

Modded-Like-Hell
08-18-2006, 05:23 PM
ok i have a t board with bounce beam installed. am not sure if the eye is working. i aligned the eye in the the alignment setup (light comes on when ball in chamber)then shut off the marker for a minute. Now when i cock back the bolt and press the trigger without a ball in the chamber it still fires. is suppost to do that or do i have to do something else in the set up. what types of set ups do you have?

vwjimmy
08-18-2006, 05:33 PM
Is the eye enabled thru the main setup? The default is breakbeam. It is the last setting in the string. Damons site has it all
http://www.scenariodreams.com/manuals/spyder_manual.htm
the video leaves out the eye selection but it is breakbeam=led ON bouncebeam=led OFF

Modded-Like-Hell
08-18-2006, 06:47 PM
well, when i did the settings the last one was for the eye alignment. i dropped a ball in and the led came on then i took it out and it went off. placed it again and it can on and so on. then i turned off the marker for a mintue even thought it only requires 10 secs. what else should i do? i followed the vid

vwjimmy
08-18-2006, 07:01 PM
Does your board have a turnable pot? (square box with white dial inside)? If so turn it all the way counter clock wise. What did you set your eye disable to? Make it at least 2 seconds to be safe. Lastly, read this clip from SD and make sure you have it set right (reading the whole page at the above link will really help)

Hold the trigger down until the LED turns off (approx. 1 sec), now you are in the eye disable setting mode. Every pull of the trigger will increment the time needed to disable the eye by 500ms (? sec) starting at 0ms. Hold the trigger down until the LED turns off (approx. 1 sec), now you are in the eye type setting mode. Every pull of the trigger alternate the eye type. When the LED is ON, the marker is set to Breakbeam, when the LED is OFF, the marker is set to Bouncebeam. If you do not have the eyes installed, set to Breakbeam. When you have the correct setting, hold the trigger down until the LED turns off (approx. 1 sec), release trigger and now you are in play mode. The marker will now operate with your settings.

Example1: Turn on the marker with the trigger held down until the LED blinks once, release trigger, pull trigger three times (Dwell), hold trigger until the LED turns off, release trigger, pull the trigger four times (Eye Delay), hold trigger until the LED turns off, pull trigger twice (Debounce), hold trigger until the LED turns off, pull trigger four times (Eye Disable), hold trigger until LED turns off, pull trigger until LED turns ON (Eye Type), hold trigger until LED turns off.

Modded-Like-Hell
08-19-2006, 05:36 AM
ok i did what you said set counterclock wise all the way. and followed the example. left the light off in last step for bounce beam and it still fires with no ball in chamber.

vwjimmy
08-19-2006, 05:45 AM
OK, stupid question time.....after you make sure the light is off in the last step, did you hold the trigger down until the light came back on and the marker is ready to fire? After the last step, you do not have to turn the marker off. I should be in 'live mode' and ready to fire. If you do this with the bolt forward, you should be able to fire the solonoid immeadiatly.(the bolt being in the chamber) Then you can cock it and make sure the solonoid won't fire.

Modded-Like-Hell
08-19-2006, 05:57 AM
yeah it was in live mode, but when i go cock the bolt back it still fires

vwjimmy
08-19-2006, 06:15 AM
Well, it must be an alignment problem. a bad connection at the board, a pinched eye wire, or a defective T Board.....

Modded-Like-Hell
08-19-2006, 06:18 AM
ok am gonna check the alignmtent again if wires are pinched etc.

Modded-Like-Hell
08-19-2006, 06:29 AM
ok it was missing the jumper, now this is the other thing, i press the trigger with the bolt not cocked and it doesnt do nothing, now when i cock the bolt it it fires. shouldnt it be the other way? i used a computer jumper.

Modded-Like-Hell
08-19-2006, 07:23 AM
forget it, i got it lol, i did the setup again and it works might of been set to breakbeam with all the fooling around. Thanks alot vwjimmy

vwjimmy
08-19-2006, 09:56 AM
no prob man....glad its up and running now!