PDA

View Full Version : Need help on TL-R

Goose
08-17-2006, 08:24 PM
Ok so I was gonna put a lighter pull on my TL-R. I thought "Ok I'll open up the handle and if it looks confusing I'll put it back" well it did, so I was putting it back then I accidently put the safety in backwards (didn't realize it) put the little BB thing in and it rolled down into the handle. Now the safety button won't come out, and the BB thing is still in they're. What do I do?

Goose

leed
08-18-2006, 06:12 AM
Well, there isn't much you can do, except push it all the way out. Wht has happened, is you've probably caught the spring, and it is stuck there between the safety and the frame. So push it out the way you pushed it in. If you're lucky, the spring will be intact. If not, then it won't be, and you'll have to jam plastic or paper to get the safety to keep from moving when you shoot.

This is a classic problem, a lot of people have this happen, it's okay. To be honest, I don't even have a safety anymore, LOL.

If you can find a spring to fit in the tiny hole, and it is not too tall or thick, then you could try it, but the ball bearing should fit in the hole as well, and be able to be pushed down into it, as it will need to be when reinserting the safety.

Goose
08-18-2006, 06:34 AM
So is there a way to get the little ball bearing out? I'm taking it to a pro shop today and if he can't fix it, I'll try and take the parts (trigger, etc) out.

Goose

Goose
08-18-2006, 01:17 PM
UPDATE: I just got back from the shop, he took it apart, no ball bearing was in it. I couldn't get the safety out because a spring was messed up. He straightend out the spring best he could. He told me if I found the ball bearing, or got a new one he'd try to put it in.

Goose

shunut
08-18-2006, 01:46 PM
I'd just buy a new one. Maybe get the Kila Magnetic Detent.

Goose
08-18-2006, 02:06 PM
Hey more good news, Kingman is gonna send me the spring and bearing for free.

Goose