PDA

View Full Version : just enough

blue_blank
08-16-2006, 04:28 PM
i have just enough money to buy a e trigger frame should i buy it now or save more money to buy a better bolt. i have a stock rodeo bolt.

TheRedBarron
08-17-2006, 05:06 PM
E trigger is one of the best upgrades that you can get for a mech Spydee. I would look into a reg as your 2nd upgrade. Bolt is one of the last things that you will need.

In my opinion list of upgrades....

1.Barrel
2.E trigger
3. on/off ASA
4. reg (I would get it the same time as the on/off)
5. clamping feedneck
6. trigger
7. spring kit
8. etc.
9. etc..
10. etc..
11. bolt

Jimmyd24
08-17-2006, 07:17 PM
why does everyone seem to think that the bolt is one of the last needed upgrades, when i got my sperfly bolt w/co2, it improved my ocnsistency and accurcacy a ton. imo a lot of people underestimate what a good bolt can do for you

TheRedBarron
08-18-2006, 12:34 PM
I am not underestimating what a good bolt can do for you, I am simply stating that in order to get the max performance out of said marker some other upgrades must be done first.

ooglieboogliebob
08-18-2006, 12:54 PM
Personally I do like Red's list, except i'd get a reg before the On/Off if you can't get them at the same time. Besides that it's all great.

The bolt IMO doesn't do very much. I'v tried switching out bolts before but not much performance changes happened. Nothing really happened when i switched out valves either.

My LP spyder currently runs at 250PSI @ 275FPS with stock bolt, and striker. I don't see the reason why you would need to replace them.

To get maximum performance out of your stock bolt i'd just do a bolt mod. (remove venturi, cup face, open up hole)

blue_blank
08-18-2006, 03:00 PM
what im trying to say is can the stock bolt keep up with the trigger frame without wearing it out or make it lose performance

Jimmyd24
08-18-2006, 03:12 PM
i already did oc bolt mod, but i saw a big difference with my superfly bolt over my stock miodded bolt, maybe you guys should try out a shockteck spuerfly and tell em what you think

blue_blank
08-18-2006, 03:23 PM
ANSER MY QUESTION PLEASE:mad: BUT:D BUT MOSTLY:mad:

shunut
08-18-2006, 03:30 PM
First of all, somebody will answer your question when they are ready to. Secondly, the more you do stuff like that above the less somebody wants to help you. We don't sit around the forum all day waiting to serve you, so be patient.

The stock bolt would work fine with the trigger frame and as long as you clean and lube it regularly you should not lose performance

vwjimmy
08-18-2006, 03:31 PM
E trigger is one of the best upgrades that you can get for a mech Spydee. I would look into a reg as your 2nd upgrade. Bolt is one of the last things that you will need.

In my opinion list of upgrades....

1.Barrel
2.E trigger
3. on/off ASA
4. reg (I would get it the same time as the on/off)
5. clamping feedneck
6. trigger
7. spring kit
8. etc.
9. etc..
10. etc..
11. bolt

You are not going to get a finer answer than this! :D

blue_blank
08-18-2006, 04:53 PM
You are not going to get a finer answer than this! :D
but it didn't even answer my question, shunut did though. thx shunut and sorry for yelling:D :D :D

Jimmyd24
08-18-2006, 07:23 PM
to answer ur question, I would say get the e-frame first, and mod up ur bolt by removing the delrin.

TheRedBarron
08-21-2006, 08:36 AM
i already did oc bolt mod, but i saw a big difference with my superfly bolt over my stock miodded bolt, maybe you guys should try out a shockteck spuerfly and tell em what you think
I have a shocktech supafly bolt in my spyder, and personally I feel that it is not even close to the best upgrade you can get, as a matter of fact I put it as the lowest upgrade you can get for a spyder hence the reason it is number 11 on my list right after the 3rd etc.

to answer ur question, I would say get the e-frame first, and mod up ur bolt by removing the delrin.

Also... I hope you mean remove the Ventri not remove the Delrin. Removing delrin from a bolt will result in a poor seal and will also result in a horrible idea.

ooglieboogliebob
08-21-2006, 12:10 PM
I think he meant moving up to derlin ;)

But anyway. As long as you polish your bolt, make sure you don't get sand in the breech, and oil the bolt after every play, performance should not be lost at all, or too quickly.

Just use Red's list and you'll be fine.

blue_blank
08-22-2006, 12:36 PM
it dosen't matter. when i buy the trigger frame from paintballgearusa it comes with a ESP striker bolt for 90 bucks :D

TheRedBarron
08-22-2006, 01:15 PM
ESP striker is just cut differently it is essentially the same thintg as the stock striker in your marker as it is. I highly doubt that it comes with a bolt, I think that is just poor wording on their part.

ooglieboogliebob
08-22-2006, 05:11 PM
If you buy a used ESP frame it would only cost you about 30-40 shipped. I think you should think twice about spending more than twice as much on something new ...

blue_blank
08-23-2006, 02:59 PM
they have a 30 day return policy so if i find one cheaper and good quality i can return it and get that

Jimmyd24
08-25-2006, 07:47 PM
yea, barron i meant the venturi, the stock bolt dosent even have delrin, at least i odnt think so, but blue, dont buy the frame for 90$, you can get them for like oogliebooajikdsfoandfkjashfoas said for like 30$, theres no point in spending all your time in buying the one then shipping it back then getting your money back then waiting for your new, just buy the cheap one, go to froogle and type it in or try looking a durrells site (your welcome durrel) to check out his frames/bolts/wutever upgrades you want