PDA

View Full Version : scrapbookin'

calebh
08-14-2006, 05:02 PM
so this was the first day of school as a senior :) my last first day of school ever. (this does relate to paintball, i promise) so every year for english, all the seniors have to make a scrapbook. in the true spirit of scrapbookin' everyone is encouraged to make every part of it unique. so i came up with the idea of decorating the cover by shooting it with different colored paintballs and just covering the cover in multi colored paint. the problem is preserving it. ive thought about this a bit, and the best way i can come up with is to use a spray urethane to protect the paint. i cant really let it dry, cuz it wouldnt look near as good, and i cant use a brush urethane or other sealant cuz the brush would ruin the look, if not take off all the wet paint. so...

any tips, suggestions, advice, counsel, recommendations, insults for using 5 synonyms in a row, or comments?

vwjimmy
08-14-2006, 05:08 PM
Maybe you should simulate the cover.....
oil paint you blow thru a straw maybe....
then you could laminate it after it cured....

vwjimmy
08-14-2006, 05:09 PM
Maybe you should simulate the cover.....
oil paint you blow thru a straw maybe....
then you could laminate it after it cured....
PS You should plan on alot more first days in college!!!

calebh
08-14-2006, 05:27 PM
i was wanting like actual paintballs, just cuz the principle of the thing... but i guess i could try that if the spray didnt work...

TheRedBarron
08-14-2006, 06:27 PM
Just do the blow through a straw thing and throw in some paintball shell peices.

Nenkitsune
08-14-2006, 08:30 PM
you could make little paint filled...things...then chuck them at it XP. actually you could like, fill a latex glove finger with paint ,twist it super super tight till it ends up exploding above the paper.

anemcek
08-16-2006, 04:34 AM
I dont know if you can still find them, but when paintball first started they used oil based paintballs instead that really didnt come off with water as they do today because they were used for cow marking. if you can run some of those down you could shoot the cover with them and then when they dry they shouldnt fade like the current ones do.

vwjimmy
08-16-2006, 04:41 AM
They were really invented for tree marking. They are still used for that purpose today by the USFS. One of those things would plaster the whole paper!!!!

stylinbeaver
08-16-2006, 05:09 AM
They were really invented for tree marking. They are still used for that purpose today by the USFS. One of those things would plaster the whole paper!!!!
Sounds like I need to pick some of those up to play with. lol

calebh
08-16-2006, 06:26 PM
can anyone get me a link to some?

another idea my friend had was to shoot the cover with normal paintballs, then freeze it, and while its frozen, then paint over it polyurethane. that would keep me from having to worry about the shot up look from being ruined by a spray or brush